Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » In MY day we listened to proper music. Is this what the young folks are into nowadays (Page 0)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: In MY day we listened to proper music. Is this what the young folks are into nowadays
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a man with a giant shiny silver AudioElite EarBleed-omatic stereo.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
I'm looking for a man with a giant shiny pink AnalElite ArseBleed-omatic penis.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
I'm looking for a man with a giant shiny silver AudioElite EarBleed-omatic stereo.

-
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best sounding thing I own is a Sony Amp a TA-1066 from 1975 for which I paid the sum of 7 Euro 50 Euro cents in the Dutch version of an Oxfam shop coupled with two Wharfedale Denton 2XP speakers for which I paid the sum of 10 Euro the pair.

I've hooked them up to record decks, my PDA and my PC and the sound quality I get is amazing although MP3's don't sound too good (if you are running at less than 192kbps you can really hear it).

The only downside is the magnetic pull of the speakers. If I have them within a foot of my monitor or TV they drain all the colour out of the screen.

But for 17.50 Euro (11.90 GBP) I have something that sounds all together 'fucking great' even if it looks 'retro'

A picture of the amp

and the speakers

[ 26.04.2005, 05:56: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i wrote = shite.

[ 26.04.2005, 09:30: Message edited by: doc d ]

doc d
late to the party
i'm thinking of buying a flash based mp3 walkman for "down the gym" and "at work doing experiments".
i don't want an apple shuffle.
is the sony flash walkman any good? it looks it. am i going to get more than a gb for about $200?
ferris?

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one of the new Sony 1GB ones, and it's quite good, yeah. The sounds OK for that sort of thing, and it looks good. They've tried to keep the number of buttons to a minimum so navigating can be a bit tricky. In terms of flash memory you're never going to get more than a gig, because no-one makes them that big yet. I've owned about 5 of these things now, and the sony one's probably the best I've used.
doc d
late to the party
bonza!
er sorry i seem to be channeling an australian stereotype.

i shall now look into saving my cash.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An amusing musiccartoon !
doc d
late to the party
bingo bango lol ($$$)
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Thank you for that link. It is very funny.

London

Oh no it broke the page!
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, s'ok from here.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just shunted stand-up-piss-girl back a bit, all is fine.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
In terms of flash memory you're never going to get more than a gig, because no-one makes them that big yet. I've owned about 5 of these things now, and the sony one's probably the best I've used.

*Quack-Quack-Oops.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone summarize the day on TMO for me?
I missed most of it.

You have three minutes, as I'm leaving at 5:30 on the fucking dot.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samsung will also volume produce its new 8Gbit multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory this quarter.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Can someone summarize the day on TMO for me?
I missed most of it.

It's a bit late, but hey and all.

Morning: Dang posts. TMO fails. Donkey limping. Donkey has sebaceous cyst.

Still Morning: Donkey gets fucked up arse royally hard by called in due to emergency Black Mask. Donkey fails to stir. Black Mask disgusted.

Still Morning: Donkey still lame. H1ppychick refreshing every five seconds. Thorn bereft. Mouth to mouth* administered by VP thinking of Orlando Bloom's horse in LOTR.

Still Still Morning: Donkey arises like Benways cock from ashes of death. TMO lives again. H1ppychick re-kills it in single post.

A Bit Later: Some people realise is working. Newbie fucks cred it might ever have had by posting about Terry Pratchett. The nation holds its breath and gags. Louche plagiarises and hopes no-one will notice.

A Bit Later Than That: Louche launches uncoordinated attack on forum favourite Dang despite not knowing what the fuck she's arguing about. Thorn helps, and appears to know what the fuck he's arguing about.

Still Later: Jonesy posts up unalloyed gold. Everyone too ashamed about their contribution to tell him is unalloyed gold as this makes their paltry and parlous posting appear still more paltry and parlous than they thought.

Still and Gormless Afternoon: Some shit happens on Kovax X Files thread what I can't be arsed to read. Sorry.

Post-Dust Mite Ftom Ceiling Afternoon:Damo does some football shiz. Thread derailed into meattalk. Ringo in fat arse shocker. Forum falls silent in contemplation of the violation of male form this is.

Everyone has fucked Off to Pub Time: SG5 posts a link. Forum is so fucking utterly impressed that silence falls. Donkey has mycardic coronary. No fucker notices.

*substitute what you like here, I'm not fucking saying it.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 28.04.2005, 13:15: Message edited by: SilverGinger5 ]

London

She acknowledged that in the very first line of her post. Not really known for your close reading and textual analysis skills, are you, SG5?

Also, if you write 'Well, at least I didn't get taken up the Oxo Tower!' in response to this post, you officially have gaids.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I edited like 4 seconds after posting it when I actually noticed [Frown]
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
But no, I'm not even slightly known for my close reading and textual analysis. I don't really do reading.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww, SG5 just comes on here to look at the pictures!

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

London

In fact, we could probably shorten that sentence. SilverGinger5: not really known.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Is that meant to be a bad thing? I post like once a month, not being known by anyone isn't really all that surprising.
doc d
late to the party
quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Is that meant to be a bad thing? I post like once a month, not being known by anyone isn't really all that surprising.

or probably a bad thing.
London

I was just playing at being mean. Godd. You're no fun.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Sorry, I should've played along and pretended to be really upset and angry, and then you could have taunted me, and doc d could have laughed. That could have passed a few minutes, but now I've ruined it for everyone.
London

And I'm rubbish at being mean these days. This is no fun. I have empathy for physical pain now as well. If someone on TV stumbles, or someone's climbing along a wall in real life, I get all wincy and say things like 'That's bad! They might fall! It's scary!' There's this concept of accidental injury that just wasn't there earlier. GREAT. My heart gets broken. My leg gets broken. Now I'm just like everyone else. Damaged.
[Frown]

doc d
late to the party
quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Sorry, I should've played along and pretended to be really upset and angry, and then you could have taunted me, and doc d could have laughed. That could have passed a few minutes, but now I've ruined it for everyone.

hey.
i meant it in a way that its not a bad thing not being known by everyone.

oh pissflaps.

eta:
london please don't start singing "damaged" by black flag.

[ 28.04.2005, 16:19: Message edited by: doc d ]

London

[ 28.04.2005, 17:26: Message edited by: London ]

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
In terms of flash memory you're never going to get more than a gig, because no-one makes them that big yet. I've owned about 5 of these things now, and the sony one's probably the best I've used.

*Quack-Quack-Oops.
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was referring to flash players, like the Sony one Damo referenced in his post.
jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all knew that thorn, i was goign to post the same thing but then I realised I'd be an idiot if I did that.

YOU IDIOT MISC [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

It is only a matter of time till we have 8 gig flash players though, isn't it? That'd be sweet.

Thorn Davis

According to the guy I interviewed at Sony, there'll be 2GB flash players in the second helf of the year, so yes, basically. Give it a year and a half and you'll be seeing flash players nearing 10GB or more.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool - Mind you can't yo aleady buy 5GB compact flash cards ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+