Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » JARVIS COCKER PODCAST

Author Topic: JARVIS COCKER PODCAST
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who likes Jarvis? Well, Jarvis has done a podcast just for TMO (and everyone else.) Check it:

quote:

The first episode of a Jarvis Cocker podcast is now live at:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=182605444

You can also view the podcast here: www.myspace.com/jarvspace

Episode 2 will go up later today and episode 3 will be up on Aug 28.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed his profile popping up on Myspace more and more. Was wondering what that was about and now I know!

ta

London

Oh, that's so lovely. Jarvis reads Icelandic folk tales. Just think, if you had a baby, you could leave it listening to Jarvis reading it Icelandic folk tales on its iPod as it drifted off to sleep, and it would grow up to be the most amazing child ever.
vikram

-
vikram

Has anyone been to Iceland? Me and my mate Joe Speck, every year we say we'll pop over to Reykjavic. Joe's mate's cousin has a big house there. Every year we say we're gonna go. Ah well, maybe next year eh?

Forward planning yeah. I should start befriending Icelandics on Myspace.

London

Lol yeah that's what my ex did.

Wow I just followed that link and experienced the most extreme pang of life envy I've felt in ages.

[Frown]

vikram

You should try pawing her Flickr whilst listening to La Ritournelle by Sébastien Tellier and Gorecki by Lamb on loop. Helps the tears flow.

[Frown]

[ 25.08.2006, 08:56: Message edited by: vikram ]

London

-
clark
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for clark           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha! you have TOO much time on your hands London. Good photo-shop (I presume) skillz though. Shouldn't EMOtalk have a link to myspace and a section on where to buy the best ruck-sacks and black, thick framed glasses from? [Smile]
London

Oh I didn't do that! That was one of our resident 'shop geniuses, ...not (xequalszero on last.fm). When I was downhearted in January I accidentally turned the entire board into total emo land, so he made this.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. not is xequalszero on last.fm. I thought it was Mikee. Otherwise I wouldn't have been so quick to accept his pathetic be my friend invitation.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
Wow I just followed that link and experienced the most extreme pang of life envy I've felt in ages.

[Frown]

I found knee-jerk hatred a more productive reaction.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why jealous and/or hateful?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clark:
black, thick framed glasses

I was wearing black, thick framed glasses when I nearly got raped.

[Frown]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should have gone to rapesavers.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

London

,o,o,lolol!
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.

--------------------

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vikram there are some sweet pictures there.

mikkee lol

vikram

yeah she's amazing.

i sent her a message just now. she can be my first icelandic myspace friend.

you know what, i am gonna buy a new camera this weekend and start taking pictures again.

herbs

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Why jealous and/or hateful?

Because she's gorgeous and talented, and lives in a beautiful place, and has two lovely children, and they have adventures together, and they seem really cool and not too grow-your-own-quinoa and has it all sorted and is younger than me. Mainly.

[ 25.08.2006, 10:16: Message edited by: herbs ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Because she's gorgeous and talented, and lives in a beautiful place, and has two lovely children, and they have adventures together, and they seem really cool and not too grow-your-own-quinoa and has it all sorted and is younger than me.

See, I just can't muster up those feelings (towards her; I get it for other people, all the time). It all seemed a bit... self-absorbed to me, a bit like there's a barrier between her photos and real-life. Like that one of her kid, on the first page. I dunno. It reminded me so much of those huge books you get when you work in media, that have all the gazillions of photos in them that you can use to demonstrate anything you want. All these pretty pictures, so well composed but devoid of meaning to the point where ten magazines use them to illustrate ten different things. I dunno. I always think pictures of kids are - you know - blurry stupid shots of children eating sand. Not "look enigmatic for mummy"! Obviously real life doesn't look anything like that, so it seems absurd to get jealous about those pics, in the same way as you wouldn't expect to get jealous whilst thumbing through posters in Athena.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obviously real life doesn't look anything like that, so it seems absurd to get jealous about those pics, in the same way as you wouldn't expect to get jealous whilst thumbing through posters in Athena.

I don't know... I still get pangs when I see that knickerless tennis player.

ETA:  -

[ 25.08.2006, 10:31: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

herbs

quote:
"look enigmatic for mummy"

lol.

I see what you mean. One can but hope that she goes to such lengths to airbrush her life because she's in fact really unhappy and empty inside because her husband is in fact a gay. Or something.

Thorn Davis

And you just know that Iceland is one of those places that are fantastic to visit but bleak as all fuck if you live there.
New Way Of Decay

Those gays have all the fun! [Mad]

--------------------

London

quote:
And you just know that Iceland is one of those places that are fantastic to visit but bleak as all fuck if you live there.

This is true apparently! The Icelandic girl who John went out with after me who he has now dumped says that it's really boring. I mean, I look at her Flickr from the Iceland days and it looks gorgeous also, all bathing in hot springs and the like, with gorgeous friends who all have arty jobs and beautiful kids, but she's just moved to London despite the end of her relationship because she was desperate to get here. I WANT TO LIVE IN ICELAND. Get me away from here I'm dying, &c.
vikram

Iceland is tiny. 400,000 people I think. Incredible landscapes and I hear Reykjavic is a fun city and the country is rich and cultured and nice and bliss.

Damon Albairn ran away to Iceland to sort his head out. Apparently a stock joke on the stand-up comedy circuit there is about all the Little Damons running around (probably factually incorrect but whatever).

Yeah, last time I went down this road with Poppy I ended up running away to Asia for ten months. This time I just need a weekend away from my stupid life. Thinking Berlin actually. Or somewhere rural with a lake.

I reckon Iceland is really nice and would be alright to live. they have pixies and stuff

[ 25.08.2006, 12:13: Message edited by: vikram ]

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I images Iceland to be pretty cool, I like to think they all want to stick eggs up their bottoms like Bjork.

Probably, though I don't know, the gorls are quite stunningly beautiful - or so I imagine.

Like the Finns.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

vikram

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
I like to think they all want to stick eggs up their bottoms like Bjork.

[Confused]

quote:
Probably, though I don't know, the gorls are quite stunningly beautiful - or so I imagine.
Or at least artsy-kooky adorable.

Hey if you're bored and don't mind aa gill read this and this.

[ 25.08.2006, 14:10: Message edited by: vikram ]

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Icelandic lady's 'artsy' shots are great: it's like watching a frame by frame breakdown of an advert for financial products that hasn't quite made the flipchart ==> coherent advert transition, and yet which has cost so much fucking money that everyone on the project board waves it through because it seems like the kind of image that they want for their brand (ie. as far removed as possible from the grim reality of outsourced call handling, bleak office units in Chessington, Sorry, etc).

Essentially she's done a Fine Art grad version of the soul-death which is Venture Photography - which is worth exploring, if only to speculate as to why people would wish to represent their family life as being like something out of a FTSE top 100 company annual report.

[ 25.08.2006, 20:37: Message edited by: ben ]

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
***** are still running the world... i heart the jarv.

god who wants to live in iceland. it smells of guffs and everyone looks like a duplo doll, but sexy. WHATEVER.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+