Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » Summer Gigs? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Summer Gigs?
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So just had a quick gander at ticketmaster and there seems to be a veritable conucopia of superb gigs, and if I can I'm going to do them all.

I've already got tickets to see The Who in june, and I've also just scored 2 tickets to see Bjork which should be ace.

Tomorrow morning I have to be up early as 10.00 tickets go one sale for The Manic Street Preachers and seeing its going to be at the Melkweg, that's going to sell out damn fast.

Apart from that I really fancy going to the followin which are all playing in the next few weeks:

Fun Loving Criminals
Turbonegro
Charlotte Hatherley (maybe)
Wolfmother
The Magic Numbers
Kaiser Chiefs
Mike Patton (he of Faith No More)
The Cult
Life of Agony (maybe)
Me First and the Gimme Gimme's
Less than Jake
Chemical Brothers

There's probably at least 3 of those I can blag passes to.

Edit: Forgot - going to see The Wildhearts as well a week tomorrow in Oxford!

So any shows you've got lined up?

[ 20.04.2007, 08:34: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm probably going to go to the Daft Punk/LCD/css thing at Hyde Park.

That's it at the moment.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm happy because my beloved Trans-Global Underground have a new album coming out in June and they're playing all sorts of daft little festivals that no one's heard of but look quite entertaining anyway, so I'll be trying to get along to a couple of those.

19 May 2007 - Knockengorroch Festival, Dumfriesshire, Scotland (with Natacha Atlas)

15 Jun 2007 - Kendal Brewery, Kendal, Cumbria

16 Jun 2007 - De Montfort Hall, Leicester

26 Jun 2007 - Cargo, London

28 Jun 2007 - Komedia, Brighton

29 Jun 2007 - Beatherder Festival, Lancashire

30 Jun 2007 - Workhouse Festival, near Oswestry, Wales

1 Jul 2007 - The Point, Eastleigh

12 Jul 2007 - Larmer Tree Festival, Wiltshire

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iGGY AND tHE sTOOGES should be playing this summer. I'll try and get to as many of those shows as possible.

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iggy Pop - Amen!

Definately be up for that!

--------------------

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to see the Manics. Last time I went to see the Manics I fainted,and had to be manhandled out of the arena by a burly roadie. I was then given a small cardboard dish to sick into.

I'm hoping not repeat this element of the experience this time around.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking about maybe seeing Iggy perform is making me smile.

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

Iggy is playing here at Pinkpop next month, along with Muse, Amy Winehouse, The Magic Numbers, The Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Macy Gray, Marilyn Manson and a load more class stuff. I'm getting a bit old for festivals, but I might be up for that.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll laugh at me for being middle-of-the-road and middle-class, but:

22-24 June, Glastonbury festival

29 June, Travis, Westonbirt Arboretum
30 June, The Feeling, Westonbirt Arboretum

[7 July - Live Earth could have been a go as my bro got a text from the lottery saying he could get 2 tickets if desired, but neither of us fancy it]

18-19 August, V Festival, Chelmsford

I've just come off a spate of gigs and haven't got much else lined up at present.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Keef
That, was liquid chate
 - posted      Profile for Keef           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to Faithless at Nottingham last month which was very good. Tried to get tickets for the Manics in Norwich but they sold out in 4.5 nanoseconds. UEA only holds about 1000 people. I have seen them many times though, including when they played Norwich arts centre in front of about 200 people in something like 1990.

Mr Scruff and Groove Armada are coming this way and quite convieniently a couple of days either side of Mrs Keef's birthday so they'll do for a couple of good nights out.

Got some tickets for the Australian Pink Floyd show, seen them a few times before, always put on a good show - next best thing to the real Floyd.

Glastonbury, like H1ppy, is also on the list. Not doing V this year although was offered some tickets last week and I very nearly bought them. Wonder if they're still available...

Hopefully the Chemical Brothers are going to be at Glastonbury but if not I'll be looking to get in on some of that action. Fun Loving Criminals are always good too, didn't realise they were touring this year though, must look up the dates. Cambridge Junction looks the likely candidate.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sure i read that bjork and joanna newsom are touring together. that will be amazing!
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw some bands on friday... Professor Green, Air Traffic, Billy Bragg, Black Rebel Motorcyle Club. Only one of those bands was a simpering collaboration between four children who had spent their childhoods listening to Radiohead and Muse on repeat. The rest were all okay, with 'Black Rebel' probably the highlight.
vikram

just scored back stage passes to lemonheads on monday!!! i think courtney love might be there - i want to see her wildenstein plastic surgery in real life. yay!
vikram

oh.my.god
Black Mask

I'm going to see Shellac tonight!

--------------------
sweet

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just booked my tickets for Napalm Death at the Manchester Academy on 7th July. I can't wait. I've yet to see them perform live.
Waynster

Yay! Turbonegro tonight!

--------------------

Black Mask

Support for Shellac is The Lords... Anyone heard of them?

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Support for Shellac is The Lords... Anyone heard of them?

I haven't even heard of Shellac.
Black Mask

Shellac with free MP3!

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
Ah, right, Steve Albini, gotcha. I've heard of him.
vikram

oooh i might go to shellac tonight... haven't decided. lol if i somehow meet black mask!
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
oooh i might go to shellac tonight... haven't decided. lol if i somehow meet black mask!

If you were the skinny bespectacled guy on stage ignoring the fat elderly angry guy screaming "JAILBREAK!", you probably clocked me.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

vikram! Yours is the sort of life that is turned into a magazine/Sunday supplement feature. Don't fuck up. Twig these people to your nowness!

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I'll have a website soon, and on it I'll have a spikey fence, where you can hang the heads of ***** you don't like. And if you do like 'em you can invite 'em not to be *****.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Shellac... fUcKinG... RAWKKKKKED!

A real eye-opener as to what music can be about, and about what noise can contribute to the pursuit of... something...

--------------------
sweet

vikram

i stayed in.

will i be a head on a stick then?

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:

will i be a head on a stick then?

Not at all.

Man, I was pissed as a rat, last night.

--------------------
sweet

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
Just booked my tickets for Napalm Death at the Manchester Academy on 7th July. I can't wait. I've yet to see them perform live.

I saw them when I was 16. A long time ago...so don't remember much of the show, except it was swelteringly hot outside and even more so inside. They were touring with Sick Of It All, Sepultura and someone else that I can't remember now.

I am going to Whistle, Memorial Day weekend. Am very excited as Q-Bert, FreakyFlow and my friend J-Smooth (as well as a load of other djs) are all spinning.

I would like to see Bjork...I didn't know she was touring. Does she have a new album out?

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine did some production work for Bjork once. I know this through another friend, who said he phoned up saying "Hey, what's a really cool, expensive restaurant in London? I've got to take Bjork out to dinner!". Then again, the friend he had phoned says things like "God I was in the VIP box at the Albert Hall last night and who did I have to sit next to? Elton bloody John, that's who" and things like that.

I live a rock'n'roll lifestyle vicariously through my friends in the lower circles of Londoncoolness.

And through you lot, of course. "A broad cross-section of London's media elite", wasn't it?

Black Mask

Has anyone heard any Scout Niblett?

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

No?

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Amy:
I would like to see Bjork...I didn't know she was touring. Does she have a new album out?

She has, called Volta, though I'm not sure it's sold much. Doesn't seem to be in the Top 30 displays in the supermarkets anyway. Love the cover though:

-

Black Mask

Fine!

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Has anyone heard any Scout Niblett?

Any good LIVE ? She's here on the 31st..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+