TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » new music!

Author Topic: new music!
Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard this band on the radio today and fell head over heels with them.

I know they have a myspace page too, but seeing how I'm on my iPhone, I'm having technical difficulties listening to them there. Eh.

The husband thinks the reason I like their sound so much is b/c the guys voice sounds reminiscent of Bowie's. I just like their sound though.

Have you guys talked about this band already and I missed it?

Anyway, the song I heard today was called Sometime After Midnight and it was lurvely.

Give it a listen and tell us what you think.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
ok, I'm replying to my own thread, heh.

If you search the airborne toxic event on YouTube, loads of stuff comes up, but definitely listen to Does This Mean Youre Moving On. Great song, kinda reminds me of the violent femmes. Kinda, not really. Hard to explain what I mean. There you go. [Smile]

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ffs

--------------------
sweet

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
"ffs"??

What Black Mask? That's all you have to say for yourself?

Hmpf.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to Patton Oswalt standup. Quite good, not earth shattering. These days i tend listen to more podcasts than albums. Currently digging 'This American Life'. I'm not going to bother listening to whatever Amy is going on about here, mainly because nobody has ever listened to anything I've gone on about.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clinic. They're the only band that really counts.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
nobody has ever listened to anything I've gone on about.

I bought a Necro CD when you were wanking on about him.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:

This thread's about new music though isn't it? I remember Clinic supporting Radiohead in 2000. Have they got any better since then?

Mr Hopkinson's Computer is good though.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The newest band I've gotten into recently is Airborne. Mediocre on CD; absolutely unmissable live.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend recently gave me a copy of the new Kings Of Leon album, I'd always thought that they were just another tedious chart-pop outfit but it's actually a bloody good album.
Amy
Transatlantic temptress
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
quote:

This thread's about new music though isn't it?

It is indeed.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re KoL new album:

Based on the singles it seems to be a bit more radio-friendly than their earlier stuff (though I love love loved On Call). I've downloaded it from Napster but haven't listened to it yet, as I don't listen to my MP3 player very much and I'm waiting for the iPod connector I've just had fitted in my car to be sorted out so that I can actually, you know, use the fucking thing that's cost me £250 so far.

I have to admit to having a mad crush on Caleb Followill.

[ 03.12.2008, 08:26: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell you what, and I know it's wrong and that age is probably just destroying my brain, or stress is getting to me or that I have an unhealthy fixation with a face but:

The Saturdays are ace !

Yazoo samples, 80's electro pop sounds, mad lyrics and oh so very, very pretty..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
A friend recently gave me a copy of the new Kings Of Leon album, I'd always thought that they were just another tedious chart-pop outfit but it's actually a bloody good album.

I'd like to second that, its fantastical! I have the album in my car right now actually.

--------------------
supa scrub

McDirts
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
quote:

This thread's about new music though isn't it? I remember Clinic supporting Radiohead in 2000. Have they got any better since then?

Well yeah, I realised that as soon as I hit 'Add Reply' but they happened to be on my headphones at the time, therefore new or not, they count. Any better? Any better? If they got any better they'd implode.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hopes they get better
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clinic are amazing. Internal Wrangler is one of my favourite albums, EVAH! I got a good compilation album from the library the other day, England Story. You should try it, it's good.

--------------------
sweet

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Tell you what, and I know it's wrong and that age is probably just destroying my brain, or stress is getting to me or that I have an unhealthy fixation with a face but:

The Saturdays are ace !

Yazoo samples, 80's electro pop sounds, mad lyrics and oh so very, very pretty..

The one with the short dark hair was in S Club Juniors, does that make you a bit wrong somehow? If it makes you feel any better she's apparently knobbing one of McFly, (who are effectively jailbait of a different gender).

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel worse now that I have the idea in my head of Frankie shagging one of McFly (At least it's Dougie)

She is very pretty..

Rochelle was also an S Club junior and a miss England contestant.

[ 03.12.2008, 13:59: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

McDirts
TMO Member
Just discovered these exciting young scenesters, cool name and cool music, you're going to be hearing a lot more from these boys before the year's out.
my tip for the top

[ 09.12.2008, 12:54: Message edited by: McDirts ]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just reading through other people's end of year music lists and came across the Fleet Foxes album. Very pleasant, in the vocal harmony tradition of Simon & Garfunkel, Beach Boys, CSN&Y etc. Or, more recently, Panda Bear/Animal Collective (who use samples of old stuff of course). Certainly fills the room with pleasantness anyway.

Talking of vocal harmony, but ladies this time, this album has some blinding moments, although it's very mainstream and middle class dinner party of course.

[ 12.12.2008, 09:16: Message edited by: dang65 ]

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Noah and the Whale album. They're a new band, right? Yeah, they are. And I like them. I prefer Laura Marling's Alas I Cannot Swim, though.
Harlequin
Sponsored by Rohypnol®
 - posted      Profile for Harlequin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently heard this band on youtube and they sound just like an early 1990s grunge band. But infact they were around in the mid to late 1970s before splitting up. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H9dzTUYsGU0

It is strange how their music sounds years ahead of its time.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+