Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Web » Cheap Books

Author Topic: Cheap Books
MichelleB
 - posted      Profile for MichelleB           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi if anyone is interested in having a look at the site I run Books to Buy and Sell - registration is free, and your first listing - then 25p per book (cheaper than Ebay or Amazon - and cheaper to buy). I started running last year, and it is growing but more members definately welcome.

Good at this time of year if you want to clear out some books and make some money. Please email me for more details if you wish. [Smile] Books to Buy and Sell admin@bookstobuyandsell.co.uk

Thanks - us small business have to really promote ourselves with the high competition.

Michelle

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose you like Morgan's Spiced Rum, do you?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

The Dixie Flatline
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for The Dixie Flatline           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MichelleB:
Hi if anyone is interested in having a look at the site I run Books to Buy and Sell - registration is free, and your first listing - then 25p per book (cheaper than Ebay or Amazon - and cheaper to buy). I started running last year, and it is growing but more members definately welcome.

Good at this time of year if you want to clear out some books and make some money. Please email me for more details if you wish. [Smile] Books to Buy and Sell admin@bookstobuyandsell.co.uk

Thanks - us small business have to really promote ourselves with the high competition.

Michelle

What you need to do, you pitiful little fuck, is to draw an extremely sharp steel blade lengthwise along your wrist.
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Dixie Flatline:
What you need to do, you pitiful little fuck, is to draw an extremely sharp steel blade lengthwise along your wrist.

Awww... What would we do without our warm and fuzzy Dixie?

Now, run along little one and find some more 'indie' news to slag off the governments that pay your Dole cheque and ensure your freedoms! That's a good lad!

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle, why is your authors A-Z page removed, and why is your fiction by category page limited to crappy chicklit and books by Alan Titchmarsh?

And Ben Elton.

--------------------
member #28

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'vacs, I'm surprised you didn't note that Michelle's book club only has one member. Or least this is what I assumed from the section Member's News.

Soz, 'chelle, but I'll never buy anything from anyone who abuses an apostrophe in this way. [Mad]

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

sabian

The 40 thousand banners at the bottom put me off from even browsing...

Looks like one of those 'affiliate' circle jerks on a Geoshitties website.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

MichelleB
 - posted      Profile for MichelleB           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that, just what I needed a big beat up on me.

I would like to say one thing though it seems to have all given you some fun with my posting.

I apologise for the wrong apostrophe! Sometimes when you are doing one million things at once while lookiing after children at home you make the odd mistake. We all make mistakes as we are all human. The a-z will be back just some work being done to it - that has to happen sometimes with it as it has so much info on it.

And as for the banners, there is only a few - of the main sites like boots, wh smith etc!!!

And to the Dixie Flatliner - it sounds like you are doing such a lot with your life!!!!

I am going to go now - have not been made feel welcome here at all.

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of people think this site is rude and unwelcoming, don't they? However, I think it's asking for trouble if your first post is an advert for your own site, and if you then decline to accept negative but potentially helpful comments.

It's a shame if you don't feel you can be happy on TMO, Michelle, but bear in mind that people self-promoting as soon as they arrive is going to be met with caution and criticism on most internet communities.

--------------------
member #28

MichelleB
I think it was my second post - but take your point. And I wasn't meaning you, and who said I didn't take it - I am just pointing out maybe one post was a touch too far
Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I apologise for the wrong apostrophe! Sometimes when you are doing one million things at once while lookiing after children at home you make the odd mistake.

Ch-Choccybuns?

Is that you?

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, while we're on the subject of cheap books, I got nineteen eighty four for £3 yesterday in HMV.

So far it looks pretty good!

sabian

how can you be like, what, 21 and have never read 1984?

I thought Britain was literate!?! [Confused]

--------------------

charrudeboi
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for charrudeboi           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mum bought me 1984 for christmas and unfortunately I still haven't finished it yet.
Bargain buy ringers but i'll be pissed if you finish the book before me

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nineteen Eighty Four and Brave New World should both be compulsory reading for anyone who makes it to the age of sixteen.

quote:
Originally posted by charrudeboi:
my mum bought me 1984 for christmas and unfortunately I still haven't finished it yet.

And how can you not have read it from cover to cover?

[ 26.01.2004, 01:32: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

charrudeboi
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for charrudeboi           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
misc files did ask

quote:
And how can you not have read it from cover to cover?

and my pitiful excuse is

things have been a little bit hectic since chrimbo. spent two weeks over my girls where the nights that i would usually spend reading were filled with arguements, procreation or a mixture of the two. when the new term started i had to complete 5 months worth of lesson plans aswell as induvidual learning plans (ilp's for lecturers in the know) and pretend at meetings that i am on top of everything and understand my colleagues newspeak
I am really enjoying the book and am looking forward to getting back to it but circumstances have prevented that from happening. I've only got about 60 pages to go if that is any consilation.

Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a pedantry tip, I think you'll all find the book's title is actually Nineteen Eighty-four.

Sorry, I came over all Kovacs for a second.

Easy, Teflon

[ 26.01.2004, 06:03: Message edited by: Bandy ]

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Nineteen Eighty-four showing its age a bit now? I mean, it's a lot worse than that in real life these days.
Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aah, Nineteen Eighty-four. The first book I stole from school.

Only because the BASTARDS made us study Jayne Eyre instead. Jayne F**KING Eyre, for the love of God.

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Brave New World

This was the second.

--------------------

Doctor Agamemnon When

quote:

Howard Marks has an online bookstore?

--------------------

Tef-land

- posted      Profile for Tef-land           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bandy:
On a pedantry tip, I think you'll all find the book's title is actually Nineteen Eighty-four.

Sorry, I came over all Kovacs for a second.

Easy, Teflon

Don't worry bandrew, The very idea of a Bandy/Kovacs manjaculation event generates an image too hideous for me to be able to summon the mental strength to mock it.

Starving kids and djoeys I can do, But not that.

Even I have limits....

--------------------
Loved by Janet - hated by everyone else. The artist formally known as Teflon.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+