Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Web » Hotmail closed (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Hotmail closed
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gang!

How is everyone? And I mean everyone. I know you've been missing me lately. Don't worry, I've been missing myself as well. Sort of. Well, not, actually. But there you go. That's just how the life cookie crumbles when you're baking in the kitchen of Martin. Think of me as the raising agent in the bread of life. The bicarbonate of soda in the muffins of destiny.

Yes.

So anyway, I thought I'd share an interesting predicament that has befallen me recently. The hotmailnazis have closed my hotmail account. Just like that. No warning. One moment I'm checking my mail, and then I go to refresh a bit later, and suddenly the screen is telling me access denied, account closed.

As someone who uses their email as their direct channel for getting work, I certainly found this a most stimulating situation. Compounded, I might add, by the fact that I still don't have a connection at home.

Emails to whatever hotmail admin addresses I can find have not been forthcoming in terms of replies. So I had an idea. Why not just try and open a new account, with the same name/address? Brilliant. Except that when I go to sign up for a new hotmail account, I can only choose between @hotmail.co.uk or @live.co.uk, and not @hotmail.com, which is what mine was.

Presumably, hotmail.com is now only available to people in the States, or at least not in the UK.

So... could somebody else, not in the UK (or somebody clever with computers) try and open an email account with martinphillips@hotmail.com, and then give it to me?

Does that sound mad or a good idea?

Hope you're all well. I'll be back with proper fun and games as soon as TalkTalk sort me out at home.

I can be reached on xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ 27.08.2008, 08:39: Message edited by: mart ]

mart
Oh and what's everyone wearing? I'm in blue jeans (Tesco, six poun) and a grey polo shirt (M&S, five poun). Fashion-forward, that's me.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Martin

I am wearing black jeans, black linen shirt, blue wedgey Skechers, blue socks, bumble bee knickers and a black bra.

I'm so looking forward to the weekend - have been unable to sleep properly the last couple of nights due to humidity and am therefore knackered.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to create that account for you mart, but...

quote:
The Windows Live ID martinphillips@hotmail.com is not available.
[Frown]
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello mart. I am useless with all things computer-related, however I am wearing a camouflaged Sepultura world tour t-shirt, ripped and faded blue jeans, black socks, brown Nike trainers and *pulls belt outwards* Yves Saint-Laurent boxers, which are black and white.
ralph

wearing...

-

-

-

sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to wonder around my house naked. But just so I don't stick to my leather computer chair I have a very loose dress on.

Is that too much information?

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

ralph

yes
mart
thanks for trying the hotmail thing, ralph
sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
yes

[Big Grin]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
wearing...

-

-

-

I can't imagine you dressed like this. I want a picture.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by sam:
I can't imagine you dressed like this. I want a picture.

Fat chance. I'm just glad I don't have to wear a tie anymore. We've gone business casual. I feel like a ****.
Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by sam:
I like to wonder around my house naked. But just so I don't stick to my leather computer chair I have a very loose dress on.

Is that too much information?

Not at all. Please feel free to elaborate on the above. [Wink]
Zygote
TMO's Member
Okay... Fine! *crosses arms and looks sternly over shoulder* Just make me look like a fucking pervert why don't you. [Mad]
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I am at College! Not permanently though. I'm just training. I'm hoping to be a certified Mac Support Technician you see. Because I just work. Anyway, so studying to be a smug person, I am dressed down as its a Friday: Really, fucking gay hair. The sort of hair I would have looked down on in previous years. It's just fucking, well shit hair. T-shirt indicating how to avoid a zombie invasion. Pinstripe jean-cut slacks, purple ipath slip-ons. Sport sock. Grey pants that are made of material not suited for muggy weather. It's like wearing jumper-pants. Annoying. I don't feel too well and I twisted my bollock on the jumper-pants. So I have a slightly strained expressionas I sweat, gurn and tenderly try to adjust bollock. It's bollocks.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
Okay... Fine! *crosses arms and looks sternly over shoulder* Just make me look like a fucking pervert why don't you. [Mad]

sam's an older lady too, you mummy fucker.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

MUM FUN!

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Right, I've got a couple of hours of painfully boring exercises to do before the big event. Enjoy the weekend y'all.

--------------------

Zygote
TMO's Member
You too NWoD. Hope it's a success and that your bollocks don't give you too much grief.
sam
TMO Member
LOL NWOD.

Older ladies can have fun with younger guys. Maybe next time I'm in Leicestershire zygote. [Wink]

Have a good weekend NWOD.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel slightly sick.

--------------------

sam
TMO Member
That's just a tad bitchy.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Zygote
TMO's Member
 -

HEEEeeey... Everybody be cool. It's Friday 'n' all!

sam
TMO Member
You need a shave zygote.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
martin when i forgot the password to my hotmail.com account i used the zip code 90210 to regain access. i dont know if that would work. probably not. i thought it was quite clever though.

wearing: khaki skirt, which is now much too big and keeps falling down to show off my bright pink and red girlshorts, blue tshirt with little squares on it under purple vest, black flatties with multi-coloured apple pattern on. and a clay hippy necklace on a bit of string left over from my recent adventures in a field with naked buddhists.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive never really looked at that photo properly. is the dog wearing a wig, or is that its real hair?

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mart - I have a hotmail.com email address and it still seems to be working. Have you tried contacting Hotmail / WLM technical support?
Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
ive never really looked at that photo properly. is the dog wearing a wig, or is that its real hair?

The dog is, in fact, wearing a curly wig which is included in the 'package'.

"This Hippie Dog Costume includes the hippie dog costume and the curly hair to top it off! The hippie dog costume is available in size Small, Medium & Larage. This Hippie Dog Costume will add a 'hip' look to your dog! "

I am contemplating purchasing the human version of the costume:

-

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
sam I wasn't referring to you! sorry! I was using this as a general Friday chate thread and meant that I'd just eaten a cheesecake pot from the chiller cabinet at work (bland mousse-y 'stuff' topped by over-sweet and gluey strawberry 'stuff' both on top what appeared to be industrial plaster mix), as a result of which I was feeling a bit bilious. Have had stomach-settling vat of Earl Grey and feel much better now.

--------------------

sam
TMO Member
You have to admit Hippychick, if zygote turned up wearing that outfit, we'd all feel sick! Even an old lady like me wouldn't be turned on by it.

Then again zygote; that could be a strategy to avoid me!

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
I'd just eaten a cheesecake pot from the chiller cabinet at work, as a result of which I was feeling a bit bilious.

You took an hour and fifteen minutes to come up with that? Still, Sam seems to be convinced and that's the main thing.
sam
TMO Member
*burp*

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I was in a really boring training session from 2pm, dang. If you must know, it was for an intranet-based project test management application called Quality Centre.

--------------------

Zygote
TMO's Member
Yeah, yeah.
MKandy
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for MKandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hotmail was hacked recently and the account 'closed', after confirming a few details it was back up and running,

I'm wearing a grey t-shirt that claims I study at the 'university of Superdry' some long khaki shorts and some Bench. Boxer shorts, annoyingly the end of my knob keeps poking out of the buttoned area in a bid for freedom.

[ 25.07.2008, 15:02: Message edited by: MKandy ]

--------------------
Isn't dat vierd?

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+