email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » Eric Barfoot - WWII pilot

Author Topic: Eric Barfoot - WWII pilot
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don’t know if anyone would be interested in this, or if Darryn is likely to take objection to me advertising something on here without asking, but this is quite important to a friend of mine so I thought I’d do what I can. Besides this might make for a great Christmas present, or just an interesting read.

Eric Barfoot is the grandfather of my friend Kev and I know this is something very important to him and his family. Here’s the details:

quote:
BIOGRAPHY BY E.A.C. BARFOOT
Fully bound hard back

£7.50 EACH OR THREE FOR £15

The story of World War II pilot Eric Barfoot is an amazing tale of scrapes and escapes that reads like fiction. Possibly the luckiest and at the same time the most unlucky airman to survive the conflict in one piece! His flight log books record to this day 2283 hours of wartime flights in and around Africa, Greece and Burma, in 16 types of aircraft. Some were destroyed by mishap, enemy action or "friendly" fire but many just fell apart or were grounded by lack of serviceable parts to keep them airborne, unjustly earning him the nickname "pranger".

If anyone’s interested in getting a copy of this book, please can you drop me an email on cgoldsmith at gmail dot com.
Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Bad Tmo Boy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds cool man, but I am flat broke at the moment. Its a shame my grandad died last year because he was a pilot in afica in the second world war and this would have been the perfect present, I will let you know if I sort out my cash issues...
cheers Ringo

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric was a fucking jinx! A jinx, a coward, an alcoholic and a fucking liability.

--------------------
sweet

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying he was a fairly typical RAF pilot then, BM?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a "barfoot" anyway? Are they saying he couldn't keep out of the pub?

* does Eric Morecambe arm up in air pretending to swig from bottle *

Ringo

I'm disappointed by this
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ringo, is it something that is self published? I like the market stall 7.50 each or 3 for 15 quid bit.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Ringo

Yeah the publishing of Eric's book was funded by him and his family so they're just trying to recoup the publishing costs, not make money out of it.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringo - I'd be interested in a copy.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Ringo

Ok dude, I'll find out about payment from forrin. Would probably be paypal, that ok?
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that would be fine - don't forget to tell them for P&P to the land of clogs and windmills

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringo - tell us more about the process of getting a copy too (paypal is good) - I like books, they are good. Good. internal thesuarus broken... damn.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Ringo

Might be available through ebay actually, I'm trying to find out the details at the moment. My mate is kind of hard to get hold of though. If I get an ebay link I'll post 'er up.

Otherwise email me your details at the address above and I'll send more details when I get them.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:
I like books, they are good.

Way to generalize, BtB. (  - )

TAE: Although I'm sure this book is good.

[ 23.11.2006, 05:58: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Ringo

You can contact the sellers though ebay

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+