email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » I bet you watched the fucking X Factor

Author Topic: I bet you watched the fucking X Factor
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You twat.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't

And I bought two copies of killing in the name

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh lord. That all seemed a bit "hey, teach this cynical manipulator of the public a lesson by all buying a thing that you don't even want! don't just do what you're told! But do this!". Surely it was a giant joke? Everybody following orders to buy a thing to show how they weren't going to do what was expected of them. It's all still pr for simon, either way. Isn't the whole x factor format about cynically using the pop chart for ego-boosting personal rivalries? Aren't you absolutely buying into that and in fact compounding it by using your own purcashing power to pointlessly manipulate the market even further?

[ 14.12.2009, 10:07: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it.
Kanye West
TMO Member
as does most of the country as far as I can tell.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
oh lord. That all seemed a bit "hey, teach this cynical manipulator of the public a lesson by all buying a thing that you don't even want! don't just do what you're told! But do this!". Surely it was a giant joke? Everybody following orders to buy a thing to show how they weren't going to do what was expected of them. It's all still pr for simon, either way. Isn't the whole x factor format about cynically using the pop chart for ego-boosting personal rivalries? Aren't you absolutely buying into that and in fact compounding it by using your own purcashing power to pointlessly manipulate the market even further?

Well, yes and no. I mean, Simon Cowell makes money by repesenting X factor as a product. By choosing an alternative, almost randomly, it does work as a alteernative choice. If RATM asked us to buy it personally, then maybe I'd think that way. BTW, the cause has already raised 18 grand for Shelter.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Kanye West
TMO Member
hopefully this whole exercise is a slash and burn for the music industry.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon Cowell manages RATM.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Channeling steelgate.

--------------------

vikram

yeah it's great fun and fantastically over the top and shameless and shared experience and last days of rome. what's not to like?

i'm really glad olly murs didn't win though. he was a twat. soo disappointed rage against the machine didn't do a surprise performance at the finale. make it happen, simon. i was gonna resurrect my blog and make it all about x-factor and the hope and tears, but then i realised i'd have to kill myself. though i may start up a facebook campaign to replace danni minogue with courtney love.

hey check this out dude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBeBuVKXL0
last minute is best minute

Kanye West
TMO Member
it's all boring, pointless bollocks. About as interesting or 'last days of rome' as a royal wedding.

[ 14.12.2009, 10:16: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

vikram

it's humanity in all its stinking glorious flippery. lighten up. life is beautiful.

[ 14.12.2009, 10:20: Message edited by: vikram ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
I'll never get tired of this Warhol routine.
vikram

shall we runaway to a commune, benway?
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
it's humanity in all its stinking glorious flippery. lighten up. life is beautiful.

It's a fair point. Imagine if you were a war child and you found a lost cellular phone with some video footage of X factor on. It'd really cheer you up.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

-

Just run, run towards the bullets. It'll be over soon.

--------------------

vikram

how many hot sixth former cutters do you think they have spitroasted so far?
Kanye West
TMO Member
what-ev-er.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I hope that everybody is adequately schooled on the issue now.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+