Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Society » le pastie de la bourgeoisie (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: le pastie de la bourgeoisie
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Wayne has parents?
That's quite middle class.

[ 09.09.2004, 06:44: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

The Preacher
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for The Preacher           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Bruce Wayne has parents?
That's quite middle class.

This comment, meanwhile, is just class, period.

--------------------
"People look at me and say, 'oh, he shouldn't be drinking.' If you had to live in my head for a day, you'd fucking drink too." - Ozzy Osbourne

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Middle Class Hero

I rather like "Because isn't an Argument"

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The fourth song describes how it feels to have a girl which still has feelings towards Rob completely be off by thinking he wanted to be with her.
quote:
He wrote those 4 songs, and 1 other of the band's songs, temporarily titled "You Know I'm Bad With Words"

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a band ! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I bet U2 are fucking shitting themselves!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straying off-topic is very working-class. Congratulations!

--------------------
sweet

StevieX
Gimmie the keys, I'll drive
 - posted      Profile for StevieX           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
 -

I bet U2 are fucking shitting themselves!

Isn't that Mikey from Boyzone? What's he up to these days?

--------------------
i wrote for luck - they sent me you

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firewall at work has blocked this page so your guess is as good as mine

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

StevieX
According to this biogDido might be a contender for the title of "Middle-Class Hero".

-

--------------------

Put This In Your Pipe and Smoke It
Ready Rubbed - Rough Shag
 - posted      Profile for Put This In Your Pipe and Smoke It           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StevieX:
According to this biog Dido might be a contender for the title of "Middle-Class Hero".

Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong

Excellent. If we're judging by names, and genuine heroic work in the field of entertaining me, then Brian Peter St John Le Baptiste de la Salle Eno could be the winner. Trouble is, his profile mentions that his Dad, Grandad, and Great Grandad were all postmen. Are postmen working-class? They don't seem to do much of that sort of thing round our way.

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry PTIYPASI, but balls to the Goods, if we're going to look to a 1970s sitcom for a middle-class hero then there can be only one...

-

[ 09.09.2004, 08:11: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Le PTIYPASI de la bourgeoisie.

--------------------
member #28

StevieX
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
Le PTIYPASI de la bourgeoisie.

pauvre

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
I'm starting to find Dido quite attractive, what does this mean.. Am I becoming middle class ?

--------------------

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Middle-aged, more like.
Anyway - I can't talk: in that pic she's sweetly pretty and I want to protect her.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
Middle aged [Frown]

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
in that pic she's sweetly pretty and I want to protect her.

I looked at that pic and thought "She's sweetly pretty and I want to hurt her."
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that pic she looks like she's had her teeth done expensively.

She's not middle-class anyway, she's a fucking toff. See the French part of her surname, dead give-away.

You can understand her being fucked up what with not being allowed to watch telly and forced to drink wine as a baby (fucking child abusing French decended toff parents), but does she really have to inflict it on the public.
Couldn't we send her to one of the colonies, they seem to like her there.

But yeah, I still would.

[ 09.09.2004, 08:59: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mother forced me to drink wine as a baby. well, she didnt force me.

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

Good Fairy
We'll be the pirate twins again
 - posted      Profile for Good Fairy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web page
This should sort it out.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Good Fairy:
web page
This should sort it out.

web page
StevieX
My shopping trip to Tesco just now gave me an study ground for a little pop anthropology.

It breaks down thus; working-class people were rude, but probably didn't know any better while the middle class people were rude, because they are.

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
while the middle class people were rude, because they are.
I was standing on a not especially crowded train platform this morning, when a not especially crowded train pulled up. I wandered towards the doors and was run over by a woman dragging a small girl in a posh school uniform, squawking something along the lines of “Come on Jemima! Hurry up! Get on the train first darling!” She then proceeded to leap in front of me and actually extended both arms in a protective shield around the door while looking furtively over her shoulder to make sure I wasn’t about to try and dodge round her.

So yes, what Stevie said.

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Middle class women get to their forties and then they keep their hair cut short and wear dangly earings. FACT.

My spelling sucks. That is also a FACT.

[ 09.09.2004, 12:02: Message edited by: Roy ]

Good Fairy
We'll be the pirate twins again
 - posted      Profile for Good Fairy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
Originally posted by Good Fairy:
web page
This should sort it out.

web page
thanks, I am the most pants at this!
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

"All your friends are called Henry or Henrietta and you've never even heard of TopShop" - Topshop was cool for a while, morons.

"You regularly buy Superdrug's own brand toiletries but ensure you carry them home in a Clinique carrier bag" - pathetic.

"Have you ever eaten a pot noodle?" - has anyone not?

"Do you think Marks and Spencer's food hall is too expensive?" - it's more expensive than Waitrose. Are people that go to Waitrose but not M&S more pikey? Is cheaper Sainsburys pikey? Is the more you are prepared to overpay for something a sure sign of discerning taste or unrepentant idiocy?

"You have a number of gold cards" - there is nothing special about a gold card. Nothing at all. Anyone can get one. If a gold card gives you a hard on, I suggest you go kill yourself.

"Your quite well known at the local KwikFit" - It's "you're". Pricks.

"You have often enjoyed a curry or kebab after a night down the pub and have used a doorway as a public toilet" - who hasn't done this? I know girls - rich, upper, normally graceful - that have done worse. So what?

"Have you ever worn the same pair of socks 2 days running?" - have you ever 'got lucky'?

"Do you know anyone from Penge?" - fair enough.

WHAT A BUNCH OF UTTER *****.

vikram

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
"You have often enjoyed a curry or kebab after a night down the pub and have used a doorway as a public toilet" - who hasn't done this? I know girls - rich, upper, normally graceful - that have done worse. So what?

Oh, not a doorway. That's a bit skank.

Also! [Mad] "Pikey" is offensive and should be banished from common usage.

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have now seen two articles in the evening substandard about swapping prada for primark. apparently primark is now the toff's store of choice, followed only by tacky maxx. the fact that poor people cannot even have one shop that sells semi-decent clothing without cunting rich people swanning in buying everything in sight, and pretending they discovered it makes me want to rip jess cartner-morley's throat out. (i doubt its directly her fault but her eyebrows are like joe pecsi's out of jfk so she deserves it).

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

ally
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for ally           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
le pastie de la bourgeoisie
..... is a vol-au-vent.
Petite
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Petite           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
There are plenty of working-class heroes, but are there any middle-class heroes?
 -

Batman went climbed all the way up Buckingham Palace to get access to his children. Surely that is Middle Class?
2@
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for 2@           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
Of course I went to university, unlike most of my sixth form, and was able to play up a partly-invented sense of London identity (= salt of earth, school of hard knocks authenticity) among my ex-public school undergraduate peers.

[/b]

I'm fairly sure I hated you at university, you faux cockney **** . And also fairly sure (bit pissed at the time, but don't remember) that Biffo, Ed, Chugger and Tristan kicked the shit out of you outside the student union one night you faux-common little shit. We may have subsequently pissed on your twitching, prostrate form.

Good post, tho'.

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

vikram

I think I'm falling in love with this cute lil scamp. What a darl!
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
quote:
I'm fairly sure I hated you at university, you faux cockney **** . And also fairly sure (bit pissed at the time, but don't remember) that Biffo, Ed, Chugger and Tristan kicked the shit out of you outside the student union one night you faux-common little shit. We may have subsequently pissed on your twitching, prostrate form.

Boasting of fights you had when at Uni (In other words, lying) = Middle Class

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+