Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Society » Irony3.33recurring

Author Topic: Irony3.33recurring
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this bullshit. I started laughing pretty hard when I read this in the Metro a few days ago.I actually started to look arounbd the empty platform in desperation to find another living soul to share my disbelief with. My favourite part is the 'Grafitti: Art or Vandalism' question pops up half-way through.

quote:
"The ironic thing is that the wall has been built thanks to the generosity of local people giving time and resources for free," he said.

But it is now going to cost the taxpayer, as we will have to crime it, investigate it and paint over it"

No, the irony is that the miffed tax-payer used the wall for it's original intention. I love the last, almost purposefully nose-to-spite-face comments at the end. No, this can't be laughed off. We're going to have to take this seriously and spend many man hours, police time and perhaps pay a proper painter and decorator to undo this shameful and spiteful vandalism :shaking of heads:

add: I didn't see the Have You Say Section at the bottom. Double result.

[ 20.10.2008, 14:04: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice lonk. But I don’t understand this sentence...is to crime a verb now?

quote:
But it is now going to cost the taxpayer, as we will have to crime it, investigate it and paint over it
Do you think there are crowds of disaffected youth carrying spray cans and clawing at the big fence surrounding the wall, unable to contain their excitement until the 31st October?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick of the Day
 -
I can't believe anybody under the age of 60 uses the expression 'Broken Britain'. What a cock.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
£3000 is a pathetically small amount in terms of council spending. I don't think Wes has really thought his point through. He may as well complain about them replacing the toilet seats at the local youth club.
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you pay 3000 pounds for toilet seats? who are you, mc hammer?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it's more like 'If you're complaining about that, why stop there?'
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't pay £3000 for a toilet seat. Unless it was worth more than that. Say, £1,000,000. Then I would.

[ 21.10.2008, 07:47: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Thorn Davis

That would be a bargain.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you'd be an idiot not to, but you'd also be an idiot not to check the facts before shelling out your £3000. Why is it being sold so cheap? Is it legit? Am I opening myself up to too much risk? Etc.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that's why you need an expert don't you? To really get to grips with what it is you're purchasing. there are people who do this sort of thing for a living, but your everyman just wants to try to get into the toilet seat buying business themselves. Madness.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large...

Now do your own!

Bendy-buses, like atheism, are.....?

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
"I should be surprised if a quasi-religious advertising campaign like this did not attract graffiti.

I like this. It's like this dude has got access to a shady Christian counter-propaganda team.

quote:

I should be surprised if a quasi-religious advertising campaign like this did not attract... shall we say... misfortune. We have already heard about how these buses have habit of catching fire. Perhaps allowing them to carry such incendiary messages is not in the public interest. It would be most regrettable if the esteemed Mr. Dawkins were to invite harm upon both himself and his family, from some of the more...sensitive members of the Christian public.

[ 21.10.2008, 09:31: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+