Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Hey, I'm fresh. (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Hey, I'm fresh.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cuh, you awkward bugger [Wink]
fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks babe (this is sky) - which area is best? we want to be within walking distance to the centre, but don't want to be sharing a room with a prostitute, if you know what i mean...lonely planet recommends old south, but when i look on the map it seems a marathon away from the action.

[ 10.04.2005, 18:17: Message edited by: fish ]

Topanga
 - posted      Profile for Topanga           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Hey where did that mad one with the babies site go to? T...something?

I am here. Not anywhere on the net very often though!
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sky, I'm not too clued on the area names and I can't find my guidebook, Darryn and Wayne are the experts needless to say. I do know that anywhere around the museum district or around the Vondelpark area would probably suit you, both nice areas and both within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, bars and that type of thing. Unless your right in the red light district area itself I'd imagine you'll be fine, I think there are some reasonably priced places over in the Jordaan area, and although I think that's the older part of town it's very picturesque and seemed pleasant to me, it is a bit more of a walk to the bars and restaurants though. I think there are some places over around the Dam square which is also a nice area and close to plenty of bars and stuff.
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vondel is lovely.
the area round the little bridge is nice too.
er avoid the whorearea. and the grasshopper cafe.

and the dampkring.
unless getting stoned in a hobbits den floats your boat.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with - May is a bugger of a month though, when abouts in May is it ? What with Queens day on the 30th of April and Hemelvaart on the 5th of May (Along with Freedom Day) a lot of places will be booked up.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Darryn. We're not going until Fri 27th May but we've made plans to stay at Sky's Dad's on the Sunday night - about an hour's drive away from the Dam - so only want a two night booking.

What I'm really after is just a heads up on which are the nice areas to stay in. i can do the leg work of actually finding a decent/cheap hotel.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can get something in the museum quarter it’ll be quite nice, near the Park, minutes from the centre and quiet enough to sleep if you want to, anything saying it’s near the PC Hooftstraat/P Cornelius Hooftstr should be nice.
Or you could head to the other end of town and get something nearer to Waterlooplein, there’s a Best Western there which we used for work, reasonable hotel, decent food and a bar it’s called the Best Western Eden – I guess it depends on how much you want to/will be spending. There are some corking hotels if you have a few bob to splash out and there are some good budget hotels too if you are shorter on funds.

The art hotel Rob stayed at is in the right area and is to all ends a good hotel and worth a try, but if they only do 3 nights it might not be that handy.
End of May could be very busy, but I’m sure you’ll find something.

NH Museum Quarter Hotel is very nice, all the NH hotels in the Dam are, but they can be dear, the room here range from 115.00 EUR - Maximum 260.00 EUR.

Things here are all OK

http://www.timeout.com/amsterdam/hotels/6.html

From top of the pops to Hotel Acro or the odd “PC Hooft” in the poshest street in the Dam.

Good hunting guys..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't it weird to read god's plumber here. He had no idea that as he wrote this stuff, people would be reading it after he was dead.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not much? OK.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
isn't it weird to read god's plumber here. He had no idea that as he wrote this stuff, people would be reading it after he was dead.

He did know that people would be reading the stuff he wrote after he died. He just didn't expect to die so soon. punches Kanye West in the testicles

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+