Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » what are you most likely having for dinner tonight. (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: what are you most likely having for dinner tonight.
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
I think you should turn your life over to Christ. You know...for laughs.

I was stopped in the street today by this really geeky looking guy in a suit who asked me if I'd thought about the meaning of life. I noticed he was wearing a badge with a church's name on it so I just laughed, said I didn't have time and went to buy myself a sandwich in M&S.

Dinner tonight is either spaghetti and meatballs, or leftover dominos pizza, depending on how lazy I'm feeling.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some lasagne.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably chop and veg.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamb. Not cocaine.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You know, as in rack of rather than rock of.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Will your lasagne be home made, Big nuts?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having Thai style pork chops that I put in to marinate last night and potatos with onion, anchovys and cream. It should be.... alright.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, Louise made it the other night, and we ate 1/4 each. Then last night she revealed to me when I got home that she'd had some more, so I figured that there's 1/4 left with my name on it.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Happy days.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
tonight will be awesome. I've got the place to myself until around 9.30. Lasagne, a beer, and some Halo 3.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a pretty perfect Tuesday evening.

I had a very similar one planned for about three weeks ago but with leftover pasta bake, however when I got home my girlfriend had eaten the remaining quarter of pasta bake. That was awful. I had to get a small chinese takeaway to ease myself through the pain.

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I had some mashed potato that was in the freezer with half a tin of baked beans that were in the fridge. I'm not very good at this living alone business really am I. I might ship in a small house-husband to have my meals ready for me after work instead. How much housekeeping do you think I should give him for a week's food for the pair of us? Fifty pounds a week?
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appear to revert to the wild when left alone in the house. Despite living alone for seven years and not dying of malnutrition, when R was away this weekend, rather than whip-up Nigel Slater-style quick meals for one I ate nutella from the jar with a knife (or finger), subsisted on apples and cheese, and found it an enormous hardship to actually go to the shop myself to buy milk or cat food. For the cats. It hadn't got that bad.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I you learning to speak Swedish, London?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lot easier to cook for two or more though, isn't it? Because I was prepping my lunch this morning, I just placed some grapes and carrots into a margarine tub and topped off with ryvitas. That would be ok for a quick snack I reckon. Except I ate them in reverse fluid content, so by the time I had polished off the grapes and carrots, I was sat at my desk munching dry ryvitas. That wasn't the rubbish bit though. The rubbish bit was where my colleagues said 'do you eat carrots ...with the skin on' I mean, what the fuck? Did they want me to peel the grapes first too? I've got a a banana that needs eating at home. I might just bring that in tomorrow and eat it with the skin on to fuck with their topsy turvy heads.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
My mate never stops banging on about his slow cooker. Throw the contents of your recycling bin in it, switch it on, go to work, come home to hearty stew of deliciousness. Your margarine tub sounds like Blue Peter version of this magic kit, NWOD.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
that sounds great. Maybe I should get one of those babies. They don't do food bins in our estate.

[ 23.10.2007, 08:56: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
man I really want a slow cooker now. I'm going to get one and eat stew every night.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much energy do these things use? Do you like, leave them on all day? What happens if something catches fire?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
They don't use much energy. Just a really slow cook all day, stewing in juices and shit.

If there's a fire, your house burns down.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I quite fancy cutting up a load of veg and throwing it in a pot with some beef and then coming home and eating it.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Get yourself a slow cooker then, m9
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Just make sure it isn't one of the ones that catch fire.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i HAD A SLOW-COOKER. It never caught fire, but I forgot all about what I was cooking once and everything just sort of congealed and bonded to the ceramic inside of the cooker. I had to throw it out. It was quite good, yeah.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kellifer's parents gave us a slow cooker as a moving in present. It hasn't caught fire, but I don't think it's ever been plugged in either. I wonder if it would be possible to slow cook something over a number of weeks/months/years. Would the constant cooking prevent the food from going off?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iT WAS RABBIT, IF i REMEMBER CORRECTLY...

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
presumably any meat can be made tender by one of those those things.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I wonder if it would be possible to slow cook something over a number of weeks/months/years. Would the constant cooking prevent the food from going off?

i SAW THAT hESTON bLUMENTHAL ROAST A LEG OF LAMB UNDER A LAMP. hE DEEP FRIED A TURKEY, TOO.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
i HAD A SLOW-COOKER. It never caught fire, but I forgot all about what I was cooking once and everything just sort of congealed and bonded to the ceramic inside of the cooker. I had to throw it out. It was quite good, yeah.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

[ 23.10.2007, 09:21: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
an insight into my thoughts there. You can ignore that last statement.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:

Oh.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
presumably any meat can be made tender by one of those those things.

Pineapple juice.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
quote:

Oh.
Rabbit, onions, mushrooms, red wine. When I took the lid off there was a gently steaming carbonised corpse in a dense tarry mass. You couldn't eat it. I tried.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Shame. It sounds nice. Squirrel is all the rage at the moment, isn't it? I reckon a slow cooker would come into it's own with a squirrel.
Black Mask

Squirrel's fucking horrible. Tough as arseholes. All the pineapple juice and slow cooking in the world couldn't improve squirrel.

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+