Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Thanksgiving Friday (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Friday
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Exciting times in Newbury!
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The southern soul-food chain"

lol.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Racism isn't funny, Kanye. [Mad]
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love a KFC right now. Or a Subway. It's Tuesday today which means that Metaball marinara is cheap. That's good news for everyone.

I haven't had KFC for years and years as I "care about chickens welfare" or something. However, I do yearn for it as it is tasty. I wonder if they have considered using free range chicken? Obviously not for everyone as most of the proles who go there don't care, but they could charge a bit more for free range and then I'd be able to buy a bucket of chicken, which is pretty much the best chicken distribution container I've ever heard of.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Racism isn't funny, Kanye. [Mad]

He's allowed to be racist due to being Chinese.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Metaball marinara

*It's renderlicious!
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Newbury walled in or under siege, or something? There must be dozens of KFCs within a couple of miles of Newbury, if you're really hankering for some Southern soul-food.

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
It's OK everyone. I've just submitted a request to KFC to start offering free-range chicken as well as battery farmed through their online form, so you can expect to see free range being rolled out by Friday.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about organic grits and outdoor-reared chittlins?

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I haven't had KFC for years and years as I "care about chickens welfare" or something. However, I do yearn for it as it is tasty. I wonder if they have considered using free range chicken? Obviously not for everyone as most of the proles who go there don't care, but they could charge a bit more for free range and then I'd be able to buy a bucket of chicken, which is pretty much the best chicken distribution container I've ever heard of.

That gives me an idea. Why doesn't every KFC have a chicken run outside? It'd entertain the kids and provide quality poultry for those prepared to pay the premium. You could use it to teach kids about where their food comes from, giving them the option of choosing their own bird and feeding it into the KFC® Slaughter-Matic™ unit themselves.

Press button K to kill
Press button F to fry
Press button C to consume

Black Mask

quote:
a bucket of chicken, which is pretty much the best chicken distribution container I've ever heard of.

And not just chicken. The Texas Lone Star chain of restaurants used to sell buckets of beer (six long necks in a tin pail) and recently in the US my sister was delighted to be served a Bucket o' Shrimp.

Is there any food stuff that can't be improved by it's presentation in a bucket?

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Is there any food stuff that can't be improved by it's presentation in a bucket?

Apparently not.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Bucket of Quiche"? "Bucket of Flan"?

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black Mask:
[qb]Is there any food stuff that can't be improved by it's presentation in a bucket?

A bucket of Reggae Reggae Sauce.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a silly idea. 'Nobody eats Reggae Reggae sauce' I can imagine you scoffing. Scoff ye not. For here is an image of Levi Root's eating the stuff:

-

--------------------

Black Mask

The 'secret' ingredient in Reggae Reggae Sauce is barley. That's not very exotic, is it?

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
That sounds like a silly idea. 'Nobody eats Reggae Reggae sauce'

I like Reggae Reggae sauce [Embarrassed] Mixed with some steak mince and some grated onion it makes some damn tasty burgers..

[ 23.09.2008, 07:34: Message edited by: Physic ]

Black Mask

You do fry them, I hope?

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

Ooof! That's torn it. I can imagine him sitting around with turnips, jelly, hairspray and other unrelated items, liberally applying liquidated components into reggae reggae sauce with pippets.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Levi Root's that is, not Physic. I imagine he enjoys his burgers with an ice cold beer, in his pants.

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:

-

Looks like he's just been to court.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

And got off.

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
You do fry them, I hope?

Depends - frying is useful for being able to do your onions and mushrooms as well, grilling is easier for a bit of cheeseburger heaven..
New Way Of Decay

Wait, he's only wearing his pants and the beer is in his hand. Just need to clear that up. It would be real silly if the cold beer was down his pants. Boy howdy.

--------------------

Black Mask

With some Reggae Reggae Sauce she could've polished off a whole arm

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using a locally produced hot sauce. It's very, very hot. Too much and you spend a few hours rolling around in agony. I've never swallowed napalm, but I imagine that it's around the same effect as this sauce once it gets into your intestines.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I've been using a locally produced hot sauce. It's very, very hot. Too much and you spend a few hours rolling around in agony. I've never swallowed napalm, but I imagine that it's around the same effect as this sauce once it gets into your intestines.

I've been getting through a lot of Ancona and Cholula, Ancona for that proper kick, Cholula when you want more flavour and less burn..
Black Mask

The hottest commercially available sauce I've ever tasted is Dave's Insanity Sauce. It's stupidly hot. I've used a half a teaspoon-full to spice up a huge pot of chilli con carne that was then almost inedibly hot. I bought a bottle for my mate Dave the Bee, because of the name and because he likes spicy food. He drunkenly pulled the Dumb and Dumber trick with a dinner guest, while it didn't actually result in a death the victims reaction was such that Dave the Bee sobered up extremely quickly and was extremely penitent.

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I've got some of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

quote:
This is the original hottest sauce in the Universe and our best seller. In fact, it is the only sauce ever banned from the National Fiery Food Show. 5 oz. Heat - Insane +
It's good. I had a tiny drop from the end of a knife and was in pain for about 30 minutes. Good stuff.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Nice cross posting about Insanity Sauce there.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
I've been getting through a lot of Ancona and Cholula, Ancona for that proper kick, Cholula when you want more flavour and less burn..

Encona is the benchmark by which all hot sauces must be measured.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Nice cross posting about Insanity Sauce there.

Indeed.

I also bought a bottle of Dave's for my Dad. When she still lived at home my sister invited a friend over for dinner and the friend brought her Jamaican boyfriend with her. They were eating something spicy (unsurprisingly, considering my old man) and the boyfriend, Dean, said how much he loved all things piquant, recounting tales of how he chewed up Scotch Bonnets as a snack, etc. Dave's Insanity Sauce was mentioned, then brandished and Dean defiantly took not a sip, not a lick, but a slug of DIS. An ambulance was very nearly called.

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
Encona is the benchmark by which all hot sauces must be measured.

Amen, my colleagues think it's amusing that I keep a bottle in my top drawer - there really is virtually no type of savoury food that isn't improved by the addition of some quality hot sauce..
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I've got some of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

Couldn't handle *this one then?

quote:
ULTIMATE INSANITY SAUCE

"The new hottest sauce in the universe" is even hotter than our Insanity Sauce. Be afraid.

-
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Couldn't handle *this one then?

Lol. I've had this one for quite a while. It's not a sauce that gets used up quickly.

One I may get at some stage is Blair's 16million reserve. That's 16million on the scoville rating which means that for 1 part of the chilli sauce you need to dilute it with 16million parts of water before you can't notice the heat any more.

here

quote:
- PLEASE NOTE BLAIRS 16 MILLION IS NOT A SAUCE OR AN INGREDIENT. THIS PRODUCT IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIMENTAL/DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY.
Before they'll let you buy it, you have to agree to the following disclaimer.

quote:

Product Disclaimer

Purchaser of this product hereby acknowledges the intense heat factor of this product and the element of danger if misused. This product is over 100 time hotter than a jalapeno pepper and is a complex blend of fresh peppers and extracts. This product is not a sauce but a food additive and should be used as such only. Furthermore, it should be clearly understood that this is used strictly at the purchaser's risk.

Purchaser hereby releases Blair's Sauces and Snacks from all liability, indemnifies and holds harmless Blair's Sauces and Snacks with respect to any claims of damages or injuries resulting from the use, consumption, ingestion, and/or contact with respect to this product.

Additional Waiver Applies to Blair's 16 million Reserve , Blair's Holiday Reserves 2005, Blair's Halloween Reserve 2005 and all others past, present, Future.

Purchaser further understands that Blair's 16 million is for experimental/display purposes only, furthermore any handling of the contents of Blair's 16 million must be under a controlled environment using protective gloves and safety eyewear. This product will be kept out of the Reach of Children(under 18 yrs) and all animals. I have read this additional statement and am fully aware of the risks and dangers of Blair's 16 million Reserve . I certify That I am purchasing this product for my Collection Of Blair's Products or for the understood Experimental use only.

Edit - Hmm. perhaps I won't get it as only 999 were produced and it's sold out.

[ 23.09.2008, 09:05: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+