Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Rants » Tescos and Their Muffins (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Tescos and Their Muffins
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:
But you're always in a foul mood, just as Louise is always rather silly. How is it that you're allowed to pick her up on that, but I'm not allowed to comment on the fact that you're very negative?

Where have you been 'not allowed to comment on me being negative'? My original question was why I was getting the flak for being mean to poor non heavyweight Louise when the rest of the board had also come down on her like a ton of something not dissimilar to brick? I asked if you disapproved of me being negative and you've now replied. I didn't complain about being 'picked up for it'.

quote:
I don't disapprove of it, I just find it quite wearing, in the same way that whiney Julian in the office is hard to sit next to because no matter what the conversation's about, he'll manage to steer it on to how is life is so shit and how everything is shit and how everyone is just shit all of the time.

This, coupled with your above comment about me always being in a foul mood makes me think that either you are selectively ignoring at least half of my posts or I'm getting something catastrophically wrong when I post them. I admit and am perfectly (ironically) happy with the idea that I occasionally splurge self-loathing and self-pity. However, I think that to claim I am perpetually in a foul, whiny and 'life is shit' mood is to charicature me. This is a rather childish example, but this is not a whiny, moody post:

quote:
What I posted on Friday:
Poor Scrawny! Mix alcohol with hardcore painkillers for weekend on ceiling with no pain. But first strap self to door to prevent drug and alcohol damage to back whilst it is not working. Take door off hinges first as well, otherwise you might look odd.

I'm a bit pissed of with being 'whiney Julian' from the office, but I suppose if that's how you see me not much of this arguing on here is going to change that. Perhaps you might just try not reading all my posts believing I'm some foul tempered monster? Or perhaps not. You decide.
Louise
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Louise           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, computer goes down for a week, everyone posts. Here goes:

quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
Do you know what it was in your "Free From" Muffin that caused your reaction?

It could only be milk. It’s the only thing that I am allergic to. I was just so surprised to find that their ‘Free From’ range – designed to be the safest stuff in the supermarket for me – has been contaminated.

And as for the organic food stuff, I have no idea. People just often say to me that it might be something to do with the hyper-cleanliness and desire to have everything pure and organic that might be causing allergies. As children, we don’t eat enough dirt to build up tolerances to stuff in the way that people have in the past. I am slightly sceptical about this though, because I have always eaten loads of home-grown produce, plenty of dirt, and plenty of allergens. I grew into an allergy that nobody has ever been able to find an excuse for.

quote:
Louise, the big supermarkets LIE to us, all the time, and plus Tesco's tried to kill me once with horrible chicken.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I’ve always done all right with Tesco’s which is why I was so taken aback. Like their plain chocolate? Claims to contain milk, according to the allergy warning. No milk in the ingredients list though, so I wonder how it all got in there…

quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
I'm being arsey with Louise because I am in a foul mood and she posted something which I thought (and still do think) is rather silly.

That’s fair enough, but the reason I felt justified in posting the thread in the first place was because I was pissed off due to general itchiness and feeling shite, and – wahey – a rants forum stumbled into my path. It seemed the natural response.

quote:
Oringinally posted by Ringo:
The problem is that Louise hasn't said what she's actually allergic to, and whether or not it was stated on the packaging that the muffin was free from this particular allergen.

Sorry, slight oversight. I’m allergic to milk, and the package had a big tick and a smiley face next to the words “Free From Milk Products”.

quote:
Louise is always rather silly

Sorry, blonde is more than a hair colour in my case.

quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
If you can say for sure that this was the fault of the muffins then I reckon you can sue their ass!

I’m working on it. I haven’t eaten them for about a week, and the hives, itches, sniffles etc. have passed. Now I’m re-introducing. If hives break out again by the end of the week, I’ll be making my complaints.

Edit due to flipping incompetence.

[ 24.07.2004, 07:56: Message edited by: Louise ]

--------------------
Because fat guys always win at see-saw

damo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for damo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take some antihistamine and SHUT UP.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+