email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Rants » H&M (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: H&M
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can watch it on the website, if you must, but that doesn't really convey the sense of invasion and imprisonment you get in the cinema. Watching it on line, you know you can turn it off. You don't have that thing of having to watch it before you can see your film.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's all the same to you, I'll wait for Bamba to get me a copy with no audio and a man in a trilby walking past halfway through.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
And another thing...My mum went to see Downfall last week (you know, defeat, suicide and despair in a bunker), and the man sat next to her laughed the whole way through. That is the kind of nutter exposure you risk in a cinema.

I wonder if this was someone from on here?

Outstanding, if shocking film mind

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he was a Jewish gentleman who was enjoying watching the nazis come to a sticky end.

You should have asked him.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
I went through a spate of downloading torrents as for some films (such as Spun for example) it is the only way I will possibly get to see them.

You can get this on DVD! I have this on DVD! Less than a fiver on eBay!

I buy lots of DVDs randomly. Some absolute crap like one of teh Leperachaun movies, Freddie vs Jason, countless other pieces of shit. Just bought Prozac Nation. Hopefully it'll be good. hmm, I want something by Asia Argentino actually. Any recommendations? What's that one she has real sex in? I really want Closer, Casablanca, something Russian, and Jonathan Demme's Something Wild too.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Land of the Dead was quite good actually. Very funny if a bit 80s. And I did find the idea of a future where humans and zombies had to coexist interesting. But Hopper was shit (when is he not?) and the zombies learning new tricks stuff was a bit lame.
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Also - blank dual layer DVDs only cost about seven pounds these days,

where the fuck do you buy your media?

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel a bit bad now. I just had this letter back from the H&M marketing department...

quote:

Dear Mr Davis,

Thank you for contacting us with your thoughts concerning the H&M advert that you saw recently.

Your thoughts have been noted and passed on to our H&M Head Office in Sweden.

Many Thanks,

H&M UK Marketing Department.

I really put the boot into the ad in my letter. I didn't really think anyone would read it, let alone forward it to the people who worked on it.

[ 03.10.2005, 11:35: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't worry, dude. It's not like some up and coming director is going to be given a tap on the shoulder during the shoot of his groundbreaking film, self fianaced via work for H&M, and handed a letter yours faithfully tohrn davis, only to burst into tears, destroy the set, and shoot his life partner.

More likely, it'll stay in the drawer of the lowest ranking member of staff at H&M marketing, where it'll be shown to people for a laugh.

eta: sorry about that.

[ 03.10.2005, 11:48: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

Here's the letter, if anyone's not to busy playing "Guess the total c**t!" on the other thread.

quote:
Dear sir/ madam,

I am writing to you to complain about the nigh on interminable H&M 'Romeo and Juliet' advert to which I was subjected at my local Wimbledon cinema last night.

It's hard to know where to begin, detailing the sense of discomfort that this short film visited upon me, whether to first detail the grating sound or the wearisome winsome nature of the film.

Mostly, I think what caused me to feel so disgusted, so violated was the length of this piece. I understand it must have cost a great deal to place a 6 minute advert in the cinema, but consider your poor audience trapped in that dark room as this atrocity drones on and on and on and on.

You may find it edifying for me to report that this advert was met with derision, mocking laughter, and ultimately horror. The lady with whom I witnessed this film actually expressed regret and embarrasment at having shopped at H&M. "70% of my wardrobe comes from H&M", she stuttered "Now I don't want to wear any of it."

I appreciate not much can be done to gift me back those stolen minutes of my life, but I felt so strongly about this advert I had to vocalise my intense sense of horror at this grotesquerie that you have visited upon the world.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
I wouldn't worry, dude. It's not like some up and coming director is going to be given a tap on the shoulder during the shoot of his groundbreaking film, self finaced via work for H&M, and handed a letter yours faithfully Ian Evans, only to burst into tears, destroy the set, and shoot his life partner.

I wasn't really thinking of the director. I was thinking more of the salaried marketing monkeys like me, that probably brainstormed for hours, bounced ideas around, put the effort in, came up with a slightly different idea etc etc. I keep thinking "What if one of the girls in myoffice was sent a letter like that? She'd be really gutted." If the director shot himself, that would be OK. But I got no beef with the little people.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent, but it fails to pack the same sting as taking back a pair of underpants back to M&S and enquiring 'you know the ballroom at Albert Hall?'

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
grotesquerie

Grotesquerie?? If I was the one to receive that letter I would assume you were a little bit like my 70+ grumpy old conservative grandfather.

--------------------
supa scrub

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
Grotesquerie??

Some people have a menagerie, Thorn owns a grotesquerie. It's full of Dr menglers side projects and his prized affectation: a thong of leather stringed with the labia of his victims.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
stringed

Jesus, that's not right. Strung? Strongled? Anyway they look like pieces of beef jerky and he's known to bite bits off like those sweetie necklaces.

--------------------

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wouldn't worry, dude. It's not like some up and coming director is going to be given a tap on the shoulder during the shoot of his groundbreaking film, self fianaced via work for H&M, and handed a letter yours faithfully tohrn davis, only to burst into tears, destroy the set, and shoot his life partner.

no, especially as it was directed by david lachapelle.

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [Cool]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go with 'strung'. Which reminds me of a couple of women(?) I saw at a festival recently. They were both large and extraordinarily badly dressed, with hair-pieces which resembled multi-coloured mop heads. They were wearing belts strung< with old dead glowsticks, almost as if they were trophies from all the cyberkidz they had lured into their lair...

[ 03.10.2005, 13:37: Message edited by: Abby ]

Dr. Benway

I saw a crazy cyberman the other day. He was white with orange dreadlocks, with black tape around indiviudal locks. He had black plastic in his hair, and was wearing an orange jump suit. He looked like a dick.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw that Guinness advert about "Good things come to those who wait" for the first time last night and thought it was really good. But I imagine after 87,000 times it will wear a bit thin. I'm talking about the one where three blokes walk into a bar and take a sip of Guinness and then it rewinds all the way back to the beginning of evolution. How long's that one been showing? (12 years, I bet.)
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I saw a crazy cyberman the other day. He was white with orange dreadlocks, with black tape around indiviudal locks. He had black plastic in his hair, and was wearing an orange jump suit. He looked like a dick.

-
?

Dr. Benway

yeah, but more like a dick. That cyber thing pisses me off.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

The Sheer
 - posted      Profile for The Sheer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 13.04.2006, 06:56: Message edited by: Honeybaby ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+