Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » noobs needed (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: noobs needed
turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost 6'. However, my question was merely theoretical. Really.

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus, Turbo - you've picked up a comedy morsel even NWOD turned his nose up at.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
I think of myself as a noobie.

Funnily enough, I still think of myself as a newbie, too, even though it's nearly three years since I first posted. Fucking hell. Three years. And what have I achieved in that time? Fuck all.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
I think of myself as a noobie.

Funnily enough, I still think of myself as a newbie, too, even though it's nearly three years since I first posted. Fucking hell. Three years. And what have I achieved in that time? Fuck all.
Well, if nothing else, you're probably well above the 10,000 cumulative post count (when T-horn 3000 and other former entities are accounted for).

On one hand, that seems like an accomplishment. On the other, a phenomenal waste of time. So I'm not really sure if I've been of any help here.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

skittler
 - posted      Profile for skittler           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd forgotten I'd even registered.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skittler:
I'd forgotten I'd even registered.

I do this sometimes. If only for an array of tatoos across my body and a string of post-it notes guiding me, I'd forget to turn in to work in the morning.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
I could conceivably have 1000 as Kovacs 2.0, 1000 as Terrier and 1000 as Janson, but I don't really think Thorn's other log-in names total up to the 3 and a half thousand posts that would take him over the ten-thousand bar and the terrible glory that awaits there.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
I could conceivably have 1000 as Kovacs 2.0, 1000 as Terrier and 1000 as Janson, but I don't really think Thorn's other log-in names total up to the 3 and a half thousand posts that would take him over the ten-thousand bar and the terrible glory that awaits there.

^
!
!
!

gay pmsl no offense lyk but r u a snob or summit no 1 talks lyk dat round ere lol!

ryt g2g now but.... eres a pic for da gay boiz on here lol (shout out to JNOHJ keep bein funni m8 ur mad!)

-

--------------------
member #28

New Way Of Decay

I thought you were discounting the Janson posts as they were just a front from when you had upset a load of people, eloped and then had to go incognito, only denying it was you because you had been embarrasingly rumbled?

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

blud.

--------------------

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I thought you were discounting the Janson posts as they were just a front from when you had upset a load of people, eloped and then had to go incognito, only denying it was you because you had been embarrasingly rumbled?

lol nonsense mate were you even posting then??

You are making yourself look a shamed fool because that didn't happen at all... ask someone who remembers or try to dig out the old posts. basically, long story short, YOU THOUGHT WRONG. i have never discounted those posts, disowned them or denied them. I will even include all the shit I posted on Handbag as "Dave-Saint" if you want! go and search for those, they are true dross and I will sign my name to all of them.

I never tried to lie about Janson being me...and I have been upsetting people for almost 4 years on here, why would I suddenly decide I'd better disguise myself so I could do it under a fake name? I started using "Janson" because it had been my ID on Handbag for a while and I thought it was consistent "cross-board branding"... OK it was a naff name and I am happy to admit it.

... as if anyone could ever mistake my posts anyway whatever name they were under! say what you like but I have never been ashamed of alienating people or saying my piece on these boards.

NB. I forgot STEERPIKE, fucking hell I must be well over the 10 grand total, what's my prize.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

Blud oranges! I had that name "Rebus" for a while too... the "nasty version of kovacs", now that was embarrassing. typed it in wrong because I'd meant to call myself Rebis, from DOOM PATROL comic, and ended up naming myself after that c*nt from the scottish detective novels!

--------------------
member #28

New Way Of Decay

Made you snap out of piss-take mode quick enough though. Strangely.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Rebus.

--------------------

damo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for damo           Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes i wonder if i'm a kovacian creation, or whether we all are.

that or the alternatives are that kovacs has no work to do, is extremely efficient at doing his work, or is channeling the norse god loki (after his many encounters with fellow comic geeks who told him thor is the saviour of the world) and feels it necessary to put banana skins in peoples paths.

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will even include all the shit I posted on Handbag as "Dave-Saint" if you want! go and search for those, they are true dross and I will sign my name to all of them.

Interestingly, Thorn and someone were just wondering recently on HB whether that was you or not. The fact that you mention this so shortly after they brought it up just makes me think you're taking the piss with this statement though. Am I too cynical?

[ 20.11.2004, 15:14: Message edited by: Bamba ]

ally
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for ally           Edit/Delete Post 
What I can't work out, kovacs, is why you bother. I have little enough time as it is to post on bulletin boards. The idea that someone would have so many different characters, developed and sustained across several boards, for several weeks, months or even years at a time, mystifies me totally.

What is all this multiple id stuff about? No, really, I'm genuinely curious. Is it some sort of anthropological experiment? Is it a way of developing characters for a creative writing project? Do you just have way too much time on your hands? What is it for?

(I never remember which button is for edit, and which is for quotes.)

[ 20.11.2004, 16:15: Message edited by: ally ]

New Way Of Decay

If egos, I go.

--------------------

ally
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for ally           Edit/Delete Post 

[ 20.11.2004, 16:01: Message edited by: ally ]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I never tried to lie about Janson being me

-
kovacs

1st things 1st

quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
Interestingly, Thorn and someone were just wondering recently on HB whether that was you or not. The fact that you mention this so shortly after they brought it up just makes me think you're taking the piss with this statement though. Am I too cynical?

Bullshit mate. That was Thorn and Nineseven. Why were they "wondering"? Because I posted as Dave-Saint saying I was kovacs all the time. Hardly random -- they were discussing it because I outed myself.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Made you snap out of piss-take mode quick enough though. Strangely.

Fucks sake. You can write a 10-part series with binder about the strange mysteries of my motivation if you like. The truth is, obvious to anyone who isn't on your doomed mission to pick holes in my posts, that I was putting on a voice. Who was I taking the piss out of? JnohJ? Does he write "lyk dat wiv dat kind ov speling"? You're not even sharp enough to realise that isn't anywhere near ebonics, your best guess -- if anything it's working-class lycos-lingo. Just because all you can manage is a gnat-whine doesn't mean I'm not entitled to mess around with different ways of writing from time to time.

Yes, it isn't the best tool for slapping down your stupid buzz. Strange? I don't think so. It is underclass talk. People use different registers for different purposes. Even you can nip like a gnat and suck up like a skeeter. So the principle works for lesser talents as well.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by ally:
What I can't work out, kovacs, is why you bother. I have little enough time as it is to post on bulletin boards. The idea that someone would have so many different characters, developed and sustained across several boards, for several weeks, months or even years at a time, mystifies me totally.

What is all this multiple id stuff about? No, really, I'm genuinely curious. Is it some sort of anthropological experiment? Is it a way of developing characters for a creative writing project? Do you just have way too much time on your hands? What is it for?

It is for my amusement. That's actually all. Why do you post here? Is it for an anthropological experiment, for a creative writing project, or is it just for a bit of entertainment and passing the time? If I have more login names than you -- and it is never more than one at once anyway -- maybe I just have more time, or need more entertainment.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

Finally Physic

Can you prove that. Or can you just post pictures.

--------------------
member #28

Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
Finally Physic

Can you prove that. Or can you just post pictures.

You know as well as I do that the posts from that era have long since been lost to past technical difficulties on TMO, which I'm guessing is why so feel able to lie through your teeth. You can deny it all you want, anyone who was on TMO at that point will no doubt remember as clearly as I do your repeated denials until you finally relented and admitted Janson was you, not that it wasn't obvious from the start but there you go.
kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
You know as well as I do that the posts from that era have long since been lost to past technical difficulties on TMO, which I'm guessing is why so feel able to lie through your teeth. You can deny it all you want, anyone who was on TMO at that point will no doubt remember as clearly as I do your repeated denials until you finally relented and admitted Janson was you, not that it wasn't obvious from the start but there you go.

OK, let's see if anyone else on TMO at that point remembers it as clearly as you. I honestly don't. If it was "obvious from the start" why would I be so stupid as to deny it? You're actually basing this on the idea that I was more dense than anyone else on the board, and that I thought it was a clever disguise while everyone else saw through it?

I don't share your geekish talent to recall the detailed dynamics of internet boards in Spring 2002, but didn't everyone on TMO know I was Janson on Handbag in the first place? Didn't I start posting on TMO, as Janson, about stuff like science fiction films and comics? What would be my aim in pretending it wasn't me, if I was just talking about the same old kovacs stuff in the same old kovacs style? I don't see it.

You guys should get your rationale worked out before you start making pointless accusations about board trivia from two and a half years ago. Maybe I really am misremembering it, but I can't see why I'd try to pretend that Janson wasn't exactly the same person as Kovacs. If it was something for me to be ashamed of, why would I be admitting it so blithely now? I don't see the conspiracy. My memory of it is that it was obvious to anyone with intelligence, and that it was just a faintly naff change of name like the New Coca-Cola of the mid-90s.

But if you're that desperate for points, you can have them. We're talking internet bulletin boards in Spring 2002! Does anyone here really give a fuck what name I used for 500 TMO posts.

[ 20.11.2004, 20:39: Message edited by: kovacs ]

--------------------
member #28

Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
If it was "obvious from the start" why would I be so stupid as to deny it?

I had assumed at the time that you simply found it amusing to deny what was quite clearly the truth, if you consider it stupidity those are your words not mine.

quote:

You're actually basing this on the idea that I was more dense than anyone else on the board, and that I thought it was a clever disguise while everyone else saw through it?

Not so, as I say as far as I recall your denial struck me as being your idea of 'humorous' bloody mindedness, I guess only you would know whether or not that's the case.

quote:
didn't everyone on TMO know I was Janson on Handbag in the first place?
As you say it was some time ago but I can only assume not, as I can vividly recall people calling you out on it, which they wouldn't havew done had it been common knowledge that it was the case.

quote:

Didn't I start posting on TMO, as Janson, about stuff like science fiction films and comics?

Again it was a long time ago, but as best I can recall you didn't start out posting such things, it was when you did that it became self-evident that it was you rather than simply easy to deduce.

quote:

You guys should get your rationale worked out before you start making pointless accusations about board trivia from two and a half years ago.

'Rationale' suggests some kind of conspiracy, not so, I simply found it amusing that you denied that you ever claimed that Janson wasn't you, and thought it would be interesting to see how much bluster you could muster if I pointed it out, I guess the answer is plain to see.

quote:

My memory of it is that it was obvious to anyone with intelligence, and that it was just a faintly naff change of name like the New Coca-Cola of the mid-90s.

Whereas my memory of it is that you offended a number of people on TMO and after a brief sabbatical on Handbag came back as Janson to try and avoid any fallout.

quote:

But if you're that desperate for points, you can have them.

lol, I couldn't care less about 'points', I feel no need to prove myself to you or anyone else, like I say I simply found your denial amusing, with all these conspiracy theories you're starting to sound like Snorton.

[ 20.11.2004, 21:37: Message edited by: Physic ]

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bullshit mate. That was Thorn and Nineseven. Why were they "wondering"? Because I posted as Dave-Saint saying I was kovacs all the time. Hardly random -- they were discussing it because I outed myself.

Who's the 'bullshit' addressed at? If it's at me then my post genuinely contained all the knowledge I had of the situation and, in the posts I read, Thorn and 97 didn't seem sure about it so maybe those posts predated your self-outing? Either way, the questioning of my own cynicism was genuine as well, my knee-jerk suspicion is based on my perception of the kind of multi-persona faux-trolling you've got a repuation for but that doesn't mean I'm neccesarily justified in doubting you this time, hence the open question at the end of my post.
Gail
Gives baby boys intravenous nicotine
 - posted      Profile for Gail           Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Kovacs using 'Mark Janson' as an email address/MSN login around 9/11?

Two for the price of one!

DD, I reckon I saw your sister the other day - does she have a light blue puffa jacket type thing (profound apologies if I got the name of the garment wrong or she wouldn't be seen dead in such a thing), and is she short-ish and look enough like you to make someone who's only met you once think she's just seen you, almost enough to shout out 'Alice!' before realising it's pretty unlikely, really?

[ 21.11.2004, 16:25: Message edited by: Gail ]

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post 
no, she is taller than me and we dont look very much alike at all really, except we both have big bazongas. she did used to own a blue puffa jacket though, so you were nearly right. she was on the weakest link monday before last, if anyone saw that. she was the one with the charity haircut who ann robinson said was fat. the one with the big bazongas.

i will have to tell sis i have a brizzle mini-doppleganger!

[ 21.11.2004, 18:01: Message edited by: discodamage ]

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+