Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » The Wild Supposition and Home-style Forensic Skillz Thread (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Wild Supposition and Home-style Forensic Skillz Thread
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Does exactly what it says on the tin.

The hunt is on for the bombers, let's have your theories.

PooF!
Soon come. I, unfortunately, am at work today.

--------------------
sweet

Toilet Duck
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Toilet Duck           Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad and I both had the same instant reaction to the first announcements - "wow, the French were really pissed about the Olympics."

No I'm not so sure...

--------------------
El Pollo Diablo

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
Bush did it - worried that all the little starving african children were taking away the light from his attak on terrror, him Blair and Chirac got together and decided London. Blaire wanted minimum casualties though, Bush wanted something big, Chirac mediated - well, you got the olympics mon brave....

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Radio 4 called Chirac an Olympic Loser this morning which made me do a 7am-lol.

--------------------
uberwench

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
NWoD claimed yesterday to be in posession of some sort of mind-blowingly terrifying secret knowledge - did he let you in on it, Uber?
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
[Northern paranoia] It was anti-Metrolink campaigners trying to make sure the whole of transport budget gets spent in London. Rather than Manchester.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
It was so obviously Blair, it's embarrassing. Just as the US Government took out the Twin Towers to facilitate its wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, so Blair needed a rock solid reason to start major renovation on our aging tube network. Obviously any big works is going to engender a huge amount of resentment towards the Government, unless the Government can come up with a situation in which people feel like they're winning by NOT whingeing. It's a winning situation. He gets to overhaul the underground and not only do people not complain - they take pride in not complaining.

It's basically the same sort of thing as when the folk in charge burnt down London in 1666 because they had plans for a better one.

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly a group of French-Arabic anarchists plotting against the English because of the Olympic bid, the Iraq war, globalization and bad British food.

--------------------
supa scrub

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
It was all one big marketing extravaganza to publicise this weekend's must see event .. An Audience With Louche, five times winner of the UK's flattest flatcap competition (Northern Division).
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
My transmogrification into complete charicature of self is now complete. Oh well, only another 33 posts of this shit to go.
ben

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
It was so obviously Blair, it's embarrassing.

Hard-hitting expose co-authored by Thorn and Snorton.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
It's alarming that one in three people are apparently buying that bullshit in bucket-loads.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by ben:
Hard-hitting expose

Fucking hell, if I did write something like that it'd be a damn sight more convincing.

quote:
The mainstream media should ask the following questions:

1. Why did a senior police officer tell the BBC less than twenty four hours before the London attacks that the London police felt that they were on top of the terrorist threat?

Because they felt they were - the question would have been asked because the G8 summit was happening. The police might well have felt confident, and a senior police officer is unlikely to tell a beeb reporter "Actually - it's a fucking shambles here."

2. Were the alleged bombers under surveillance before the attacks, and if not how were they apprehended?

They... haven't been apprehended?

3. To what extent were the bombers motivated by rage at the failure of the UK media to report truthfully on the war on Iraq where torture and death squad killings by the U.S./UK puppet regime have reached a similar scale to the Saddam Hussein regime.

What?

4. Does the Blair government now admit that the illegal invasion of Iraq has aided terrorism?

No - they don't admit this. The home secretary already said as much. Pay attention.

5. Blair boasted to the Jewish Chronicle that he has given more support to Israel than any other UK premier. Will Blair now reconsider his support for Ariel Sharon and his decision to breach his own arms guidelines to supply the occupation forces there with the means to kill Palestinian children?

6. Why did initial reports say the Underground was disrupted by a power surge?

Because there was a desire not to say 'Terrorist!' until it was absolutely certain it was a terrorist attack, in the interest of not provoking panic.

God. This conspiracy theorist is rubbish! These things should be watertight if they're going to inspire the right level of "th-they're controlling us?" twitchy panic.

I don't think this is going to make the ID card thing any easier for Labour. For one thing there's now a solid question "How would ID cards have prevented the London bombings?" that's going to prove tricky to answer convincingly.

[ 08.07.2005, 06:09: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
On a news site over here they're saying the attacks were allegedly carried out by British youths.

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Thorn Davis

Is that the Daily Mail news site?

edit: actually I wouldn't be suprised if the perpetrators were British. I keep thinking of the trio of Brummy Muslim terrorists from Monkey Dust.

[ 08.07.2005, 06:04: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Charles Clarke already admits ID cards would not have stopped any of this

Incidentally, it appears Mr Ian Henshall who wrote that above article is the chairman of INK - umbrella trade organisation for the UK alternative press. in other words seems to have his own political agenda.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Is that the Daily Mail news site?

I bet they were wearing hoodies!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
NWoD claimed yesterday to be in posession of some sort of mind-blowingly terrifying secret knowledge

Not mind blowing, but I had heard the correct figures, which I couldn't say at the time. Sorry. Do I win points for drama?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Do I win points for drama?

Not if your secret number was 37 and the number all over the news was 33. No.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

We are 5 (Now 4) posts away from a magic Life post moment.

--------------------
sweet

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
Bugger. I was expecting him to reveal the location of the Grail.
I'm rather disappointed.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Pointless gossip and supposition, no324. A woman in this office has just come from St Mary's hospital, where she says the surgeon was saying twice as many injured were admitted as the police said, and reckons the death toll could go to 200.
Black Mask

I'm beginning to question the veracity of my source here at work, but the brother of the FB dick now reckons one of the tube bombs was on the underside of one of the trains.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:

That was my secret number, but dang had said 2 confirmed. I didn't claim it was exciting. But it's nice to see people try and snap your hand off in the hopes of some juicy insider gozzip.

--------------------

ben

quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Pointless gossip and supposition, no324. A woman in this office has just come from St Mary's hospital, where she says the surgeon was saying twice as many injured were admitted as the police said, and reckons the death toll could go to 200.

Hmmm. You reckon that could be the same surgeon who saw "at least ten bodies" at the site of the bus blast that killed two.
Black Mask

quote:
dang had said 2

dang? dang? Yesterday meant nothing to dang! He was laughing at us from his rocky hyperborean promontory while we burned in fear, terror and panic. Nobody was even listening to dang!

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Has anybody got the full ludicrous name of the mob who claimed the bombing yesterday?

--------------------
sweet

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
It was something really catchy like THE SECRET ORGANISATION OF AL QUAIDA SECRET JIHAD ORGANISATION IN EUROPE.

[ 08.07.2005, 06:25: Message edited by: Vogon Poetess ]

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
It was something really catchly like THE SECRET ORGANISATION OF AL QUAIDA SECRET JIHAD ORGANISATION IN EUROPE.

Something like that...

--------------------
sweet

ben

quote:
I'm beginning to question the veracity of my source here at work, but the brother of the FB dick now reckons one of the tube bombs was on the underside of one of the trains.

That sounds like bollocks to me. The Scum has a picture here that looks as though the blast came from the inside of the carriage. My reckoning would be that this was a comparatively simple, lo-tech attack using bombs small enough to leave under the usual debris of Burger King wrappers and copies of fucking Metro on finds in abundance on the rush hour tube.
Black Mask

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
It was something really catchly like THE SECRET ORGANISATION OF AL QUAIDA SECRET JIHAD ORGANISATION IN EUROPE.
Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That was my secret number, but dang had said 2 confirmed.

Which was correct at the time I posted it, just as 37 is correct at the time of posting this. Obviously I didn't think it was going to stay at 2 any more than I think it's going to stay at 37 now.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe

I knew Europe would be involved in it somehow. [Mad] Kilroy-Silk was right all along.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
any more than I think it's going to stay at 37 now.

God, give it a rest. You monster! Can't you see we're grieving?

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Which was correct at the time I posted it, just as 37 is correct at the time of posting this. Obviously I didn't think it was going to stay at 2 any more than I think it's going to stay at 37 now.

It doesn't really matter what the result it, it's not much to write home about really is it?

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+