Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » The Wild Supposition and Home-style Forensic Skillz Thread (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Wild Supposition and Home-style Forensic Skillz Thread
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Secret Organisation Secret Group of Secret al-Qaeda of Secret Jihad Secret Organisation in Secret Europe on Double Secret Probation.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Which was correct at the time I posted it, just as 37 is correct at the time of posting this. Obviously I didn't think it was going to stay at 2 any more than I think it's going to stay at 37 now.

It doesn't really matter what the result it, it's not much to write home about really is it?
Hmm. Which TMO poster organised the attacks to facilitate a long-overdue Dang65 backlash?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
I was only kidding [Frown]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Thorn Davis

quote:
I was only kidding [Frown]

Oh, NWoD. It was you was it? It's all fun and games until 37 people are dead and the country's largest city is crippled by fear.
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
crippled by fear.

Fucksticks, I was going for burning.

--------------------

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we of the Secret Group Of Secretly Encouraging People To Get On A Fucking Bike For A Change are a bit disappointed with the results I must say.

Newsreader: "Everyone's struggling to get home this evening..."

Me: "...apart from those with bicycles..."

N: "...thousands of people are walking slowly along the road...

M: "...apart from the ones riding bicycles..."

N: "...most of them will get home very late tonight..."

M: "...apart from the ones with bikes who will get home at exactly the same time as they do every fucking night..."

N: "...etc etc."

New Way Of Decay

Do you think dang likes bikes?

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
You can murder as many innocent people as you like, Dang. The British people won't be terrorised into cycling .
Thorn Davis

Goddammit. Some friends of mine have just moved house - they used to be within walking distance. Now they're about five miles away, as the crow flies, but the craziness of our transport system means that it's an 1 hour round trip on the train (going into London and back out again). Even more irritating is the fact that there's a disused railway line that directly connects our flats, now it's used as nothing more than somewhere for people to walk their dogs. Is there no way I can ever see my friends again. I used to enjoy seeing them every evening.

On the good news side, I've got £500 burning a hole in my pocket. What to spend it on? Might put it into a Gym fund, as I'm getting a bit tubby and that seems to be the only way of keeping fit, these days.

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Do you think dang likes bikes?

Thing is, it's more like when you've been using the Web for years and you meet someone who's never used it and they go, "Yeah, I'm quite happy looking things up in the library, and booking my holidays in Lunn Poly, and buying my records in Sainsbury's and I've got a very nice penfriend, so why would I want the Web? Eh?"

And you're like, FFS! [Mad]

I get that with bikes and commuting, see. It makes no sense at all to me that someone who works within ten miles of their house should use a car or a bus or a train. It just does not commute. Especially in London, which is a beautiful city above ground, and a large selection of sewers underground, some with train tracks running through them.

Edit: That should say, "it does not compute" of course, but I'll leave the error for everyone to laugh at.

[ 08.07.2005, 07:05: Message edited by: dang65 ]

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
dang, I've got a quick bike conundrum for you if you will: I currently have a bike that lives on my balcony because the neighbours complained when it was out in the communal hall and it doesn't fit anywhere else in my flat. My friend gave it to me for my birthday. It's ok but needs a service as the front brake doesn't work at all and the back brake sticks a bit, the gears are all rusted so don't work and it doesn't have any lights. My nearest bike repair / service shop is several miles away down busy roads and I don't want to cycle on the roads until aforementioned problems have been fixed.

Simple, just walk it down to the shop, get it serviced, pick it up and happy riding, right? Wrong. To get your bike serviced you can't book an appointment but you have to turn up on specified weekdays at 8am on a first come first served basis and hope they pick your bike to work on. If not the whole process must be repeated again (after you have walked your bike back home / to work again). I would have to leave at about 6am to walk to the bike shop for 8am. Basically I can't be bothered. What should I do?

--------------------
uberwench

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
Basically I can't be bothered. What should I do?

Take your bike on a flight to Holland. Go to the nearest bike repair shop which are ten a penny over here. Cycle back to the airport. Fly home.

Easy!

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
buy a new bike. and lol at Thorn, excellent.
Gemini
I don't know much about oral sex at all
 - posted      Profile for Gemini           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Well, we of the Secret Group Of Secretly Encouraging People To Get On A Fucking Bike For A Change are a bit disappointed with the results I must say.

Newsreader: "Everyone's struggling to get home this evening..."

Me: "...apart from those with bicycles..."

N: "...thousands of people are walking slowly along the road...

M: "...apart from the ones riding bicycles..."

N: "...most of them will get home very late tonight..."

M: "...apart from the ones with bikes who will get home at exactly the same time as they do every fucking night..."

N: "...etc etc."

I cycle to work 4 days out of 5. Of course the bloody terrorists would pick the same day I decide not to cycle into work as the day to try and wreak burning fear and chaos. [Mad]
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Dang, your wheels are going round!

Hahaha. I always hated that joke'.

What other hilarious kid's japes can the forum think of?

Also: As a hekalopter flew hovered over Shoreditch High Street today, a young boy jumped out of a doorway and shouted "BANG!" at the top of his little lungs. Brilliant!

Gemini
quote:
dang, I've got a quick bike conundrum for you if you will: I currently have a bike that lives on my balcony because the neighbours complained when it was out in the communal hall and it doesn't fit anywhere else in my flat. My friend gave it to me for my birthday. It's ok but needs a service as the front brake doesn't work at all and the back brake sticks a bit, the gears are all rusted so don't work and it doesn't have any lights. My nearest bike repair / service shop is several miles away down busy roads and I don't want to cycle on the roads until aforementioned problems have been fixed.

Simple, just walk it down to the shop, get it serviced, pick it up and happy riding, right? Wrong. To get your bike serviced you can't book an appointment but you have to turn up on specified weekdays at 8am on a first come first served basis and hope they pick your bike to work on. If not the whole process must be repeated again (after you have walked your bike back home / to work again). I would have to leave at about 6am to walk to the bike shop for 8am. Basically I can't be bothered. What should I do?

Buy this book:
 -
And spend an enjoyable evening covered in oil, drinking wine and fixing it yourself.

[ 08.07.2005, 07:16: Message edited by: Gemini ]

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
what is this book whichof you speak?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Also: As a hekalopter flew hovered over Shoreditch High Street today, a young boy jumped out of a doorway and shouted "BANG!" at the top of his little lungs. Brilliant!

My hero

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

I thought it was just me. I was like: hey wow an invisible book.

--------------------

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

lolololol. thats the spirit!

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Basically I can't be bothered. What should I do?

Are there any bike shops here that are nearish to your house?

Or, if your bike's in a really terrible state and might cost a lot to fix then might it be worth buying a cheap new one to get you going? I don't know how much you spend on transport, but I'm fairly confident that a bike costing around a 100 quid or even less will have paid for itself within a couple of months.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Discodamage, can you please write a long, quirky, funny post about a Bristolian's experience of yesterday's events. To cheer me up. Please.
Gemini
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

I thought it was just me. I was like: hey wow an invisible book.
Well the image tag is definetly in the original post. *shrugs*

This is the one I was talking about:
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance

There is a seperate one for road bikes as well, if that is what you have.

[ 08.07.2005, 07:25: Message edited by: Gemini ]

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Gemini:
Well the image tag is definetly in the original post.

Yeah, I couldn't understand it, but I thought it said 'Zen and the art of...' which I thought would be totally cool. If your bike broke, you could fan your breath with two fingers and bicycle engineer would come down from the sky on a pink cloud with machine guns.

--------------------

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo excellent I like the sound of trying to do it myself and then making a complete hash of it so having to take it to one of the bike shops in the list which dang helpfully provided. Thanks dang and gemini! [Smile]

--------------------
uberwench

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Discodamage, can you please write a long, quirky, funny post about a Bristolian's experience of yesterday's events. To cheer me up. Please.

oh how i wish i could jonesy but i didnt have a very funny or quirky day, except for when i was trying to charge my mobile so i could chase down all my mates and they wouldnt let me because my phone is an LG and noone has a charger for it, not even the people who bastard well sold it to me. and some Pollard pushed in front of me in the queue because he reallly needed to buy the new hellomoto 3865 binglybonglyfone which turns itself invisible when muggers are around and has a tiny band of japanese micromidgets who sing the top 40 most popular ringtones backwards at you when someone is trying to make a call and immediately informs you if anyone called mortimer is within a 5 mile radius. and i was all like, hand to brow, dont you understand, my need is greater than yours, i am a londoner, i need to check my loved ones are not dying or dead. so when they told me they couldnt charge my phone i thought oh my god what do i do now! so i went and had a fag and a greggs vegetable pasty. which was really very nice, as a matter of fact. so theres one discovery i made: when your beloved home city is being attacked my bommz and strewn with guts and muck and you are feeling all too distant from it all, that is the perfect time to eat a greggs pasty. reassurance in larden form.

mostly i just felt a bit miz and shooken up by the whole thing. got a bit pissed, wrote some maudlin stuff about how much i love london, watched some roy and hg, spoke to my bessie who dealt with the whole day in the aftermath of the 2012 bid team party she attended the day before, felt immensely proud of my friend who has spent the last four years coordinating the Royal london's risk management plan, whilst saying 'of course, itll never happen'... she is my Londoner of The Month. ultim8 propz and ree-speck to her.

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You wrote 'Pollard', which is good enough for me. [Smile]
omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You wrote 'Pollard', which is good enough for me. [Smile]

you're obsessed, jonesy!

-

forget it, you're never going to meet her.

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post 
that was useless. i knew there was a reason i was taking a break.

[ 08.07.2005, 09:43: Message edited by: doc d ]

doc d
late to the party
my theory:
it was australians. wanting to keep quiet about the fact we could "do them" in the cricket this year.

[ 08.07.2005, 11:06: Message edited by: doc d ]

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe

First image of the lead bomber.
Keep your eyes peeled, folks. [Frown]

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Is he wearing a stocking-mask?

--------------------
sweet

doc d
late to the party
no he's naturally brown.
you racist.

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
burnt down London in 1666 because they had plans for a better one.

I know builders in this country take the piss when it comes to finishing a job on time... But 339 years is just going too far!

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Travelling Canadian
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Travelling Canadian           Edit/Delete Post 
It was the Canadians. We're tired of being in the shadow of the Americans...they blamed us, you know, for harbouring the 9-11 bombers. Oh, and we wanted to get rid of all the tourists so we can come and visit next month.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+