Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Lose your misery in just 30 days! (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Lose your misery in just 30 days!
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
No biggy Benway, I've been worse, but thanks.

*I do hope this admission of mind doesn't kill the thread.

[ 27.10.2005, 10:35: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
ralph, you're right. I've remedied my mistake so my comments still stand.

And Dazzler, keep on trucking.

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
Alcohol, stupid comedy films involving as much crude humour as possible, and violent video games, these, for me, are some of the best things for lightening your mood and relieving some of the frustration/misery of life. I went through a lengthy period recently of just feeling really low, depressed and fed up, waking up and wondering what my motivation for actually getting out of bed was and the like, without ever really knowing why. Thankfully it now seems to have passed and I'm feeling a lot more positive.

Alcohol definitely isn't a substitute for happiness though, it just results in late night admissions of innermost angst and fear, and the resulting embarassment the next time yo have to meet the person you 'spilled' to, something I have way too much experience of.

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
How is it teh levellers put it....

'Chemically free' or not as the case may be in this forum...

Cipralex are prescribed for anxiety Benway...

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Although I'd just like to point out without trying to sound all handbag and mumsy but you would be better getting these from your doctor rather than somewhere dodgy online...
Physic
Digital PIMP !
Oh and Darryn, only a few weeks now and you, me and Wayne can get horrendously drunk at the B&W and air-guitar to AC/DC again, if that doesn't cheer you up nothing will! [Wink]

Seriously though dude, hope all's well, don't forget to let me know your list of desireables for bringing over..

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah totally physic.

i remember being in some cafebar with a mate and we were half-heartedly trying to pull these girls and i ended up launching into a tirade about how i wanted to find god, to find something, but i just couldn't believe and how that made me sick. then i began cursing the god that i can't quite believe in.

alcohol is very bad and not recommended. i think exercise is good. cooking too - creative yummy. maybe join a swim class or yoga or something.

[ 27.10.2005, 10:37: Message edited by: vikram ]

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really anxious at the moment, I should point out. It's more like low level fear of everything. I'm not quite dropping baskets of fruit in the aisles at my supermarket, falling to my knees to pick them up, getting angry, but then hunching over and sobbing "It's no use...it's no use" while gazing at two ripe grapefruit in my skeletal hands. Not yet.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a bit down of late. Its mainly due to living in this pit. It just seems no matter what I do, I get nowhere. Like walking down the escalator the wrong way. My job is going nowhere fast and I detest my boss. The pay is awful. Just awful. All my friends moved away while I was in the UK and it seems so much harder to get to know people here that it was over in London. It seems I am about to loose my home and my parents have just split up. Also, it hasn't rained here since November last year (seriously). Oh, and we all have AIDS.

So. On Saturday I went to the chinese warehouse pirate haven and picked up a few dozen DVDs (for 10 of your EnglishPounds) and went home to spend a happy weekend watching the Alien movies and perhaps Band of Brothers. I closed the curtains, got all my snacks together and settled down on the couch to watch.

Unfortunately, about halfway through Alien, I was rudely interupted by a man at my gate asking if there was any work. He had the sickness (the AIDS), he had no job, no money for food or medicine and he had such a pitiful, desperate look in his eyes. It really was fucking heart breaking. Anyway I told him we didnt have any work and sent him on his way. After the little angel on my shoulder crapped me out a bit I chased after the guy and gave him all the money I had in my wallet. The guy was on the verge of tears, it was quite embarassing really. Also quite stupid of me to do because it was the absolute last bit of cash I had for the month. But I did the right thing and its made me feel a whole lot better about myself all week.

So if you feel down just be fucking lucky you aren't that poor bastard who is walking down dusty roads in 42 degree heat looking for work when he is almost too sick to stand.

--------------------
supa scrub

squeegy
'small african childe'
Fuck, that was horrible. Sorry TMO. [Frown]

--------------------
supa scrub

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, now I'm depressed.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
squeegy

I thought it was the best post you've ever made.

It wasn't Rainbow Bright happy, like, but it made me want to give to charity and stop worrying about my little problems.

[ 27.10.2005, 10:47: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
Nothing wrong with a bit of perspective Squeegy, and you're quite right, the most annoying thing for me about feeling depressed is that I have nothing of any consequence to be depressed about truth be told, compared to many I have it fucking good, crazy.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
i was going to post something really pathetic, but instead i think i will go and buy a flapjack and talk to the bristol volunteer centre about doing something that will a) distract me for maybe 13 and a half minutes from my own dreadful solipsism, and b) make a difference. to anything.

cheers squeege.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Dr. Benway

I reckon that VOP has got one over on you too, squeegy [Frown] That sounds awful.

I had a moment like that other day. I gave ten pounds to this crying pregnant homeless woman, and tried to talk to her about the kind of options that are available to her (because that's the sector that I work in), but she was crying and thanking me and calling me sir, and it just brought me down, so I had to strangle her right there, and nobody noticed.

Okay, I didn't strangle her,but the rest is true. [Frown]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
I beat my blues away with violent exercise and bullying. I try to go rugby training at least once a week, we were doing spear-tackling last week, so you know, bit of bruising, umpteen hilarious willy impressions in the showers and a few pints with the lads. At least twice a week I do some form of martial arts, kick-boxing usually - a few rounds of sparring will certainly get the blood and brain pulsing again. My sparring partner is just shy of 7' and has a great body. He's fucking enormous which means I really have to work hard to get in close and hold onto him. When we're shattered we have a long hot shower and go for a pint.

All this exercise usually means I'm full of endorphins most of the time, if I do have a fleeting fit of The Downs I generally abuse one of my work colleagues. One in particular. He works really hard and is fairly competant, but a slogger - you know what I mean. He's actually quite thick so it gives me great pleasure to undermine his confidence in any way I can. It's a tortoise and hare kindothang, though he's not in bad shape. I asked him if he wanted to take a shower with me last week but I think it may have confused him. I think he might be a Gay.

Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
quote:
squeegy

I thought it was the best post you've ever made.

It wasn't Rainbow Bright happy, like, but it made me want to give to charity and stop worrying about my little problems.

agreed

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

Poor squeegy.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

dance margarita
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Online Persona:
My sparring partner is just shy of 7' and has a great body. He's fucking enormous which means I really have to work hard to get in close and hold onto him.

maybe ive just been lucky but i would call 7' you know, generous. pleasantly sufficient. but not 'enormous'. unless you know, theres something youre not telling us about the girth.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
never let it be said that margarita doesnt know when a cock joke is inappropriate to the tone of the thread.

--------------------

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
ed: because I realised I'd been hit with a surprise nob gag from the side

[ 27.10.2005, 10:59: Message edited by: Vanilla Online Persona ]

dance margarita
TMO Member
who stevied that joke worst, really, was it me or vop?

--------------------

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
Stop it DM, we're supposed to be cheering Ben Wai up.

Oi BenWai - homosexuality, the only way to go when you're already down there.

Dr. Benway

this thread, for once, isn't about me.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Let's have a whip round for squeegy.

[ 27.10.2005, 11:14: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
I can spare a few bob.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Dot Rowe says depression is based on fear of yourself, of abandonment, of failure, etc. If you forgive yourself, and everybody else, it goes away. It's as easy as that. (!) And only people who worry about being 'good' get depressed. So you may be sad, but at least you're not a shit.

[stevie x] isn't 7", not 7', seven inches?[/stevie x]

[ 27.10.2005, 11:18: Message edited by: herbs ]

squeegy
'small african childe'
Shucks, thanks guys. But no need to waste sympathy on me. All things concidered I am surprisingly upbeat.

--------------------
supa scrub

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
What a bunch of moaney fecks you lot are. Bluddy Nora, there are times and people for whom depression and self-doubt are not upsetting symptoms but bluddy good common sense.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
Shucks, thanks guys. But no need to waste sympathy on me. All things concidered I am surprisingly upbeat.

Squeegy is some kind of uber-upbeat generosity superman.

[ 27.10.2005, 11:23: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

squeegy
'small african childe'
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
And only people who worry about being 'good' get depressed. So you may be sad, but at least you're not a shit.

Well now Im fucking depressed. And worried about not being worried about being 'good'.

--------------------
supa scrub

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Herbs am Kryptonite.
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll answer the question all proper-like:

Things that cheer me up in the short term:
Watching a favorite TV program.
Buying stuff.
Eating Dublin Mudslide ice cream.
Eating healthy yummy salad.
Hugs.

Yes, exercise does do wonders, but I found it has the best sadness-fighting effects when it’s part of the routine. When I knew every day at x hour I would get away to the gym for an hour or two I would gear up for it and crave it so that when I was there it was scratching an itch. Sweat, steam room, shower and emerge pink cheeked and invigorated with health exuding from my pores in a contagious fashion. Made me smile, made me more attractive (and not just from obvious body improving) and yes, made me happier.

Now am depressed that I can’t do that anymore [Frown] Will have more reason to pressure froopy into finishing home gym - though not sure if that will do the trick as it’s getting away to gym that was the big deal.

Finding people worse off than you is good too, but they don’t have to be real people. I was in a serious funk two and a half years ago when boyfriend and I were "on a break". I watched all the episodes of "Sex and the City" back to back for a week straight. It made me feel much better that these women who were a decade plus older than me were no closer to finding true love, marriage and family than I was. (Luckily season six where they all find true love, marriage and family wasn’t out yet).

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
Ahhh Dublin Mudslide - that'll do it... mmmmmm
Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
thats an Irish gay bar right?

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+