Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » A Waste of Eyesight (CeleBigBro 2006) - [not zombies, queer jew, etc] (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: A Waste of Eyesight (CeleBigBro 2006) - [not zombies, queer jew, etc]
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
So it's that time of year again. And even a thread of the subject of Big Brother has to be better another fucking zombie thread.

This year's twist was putting a non-celeb in the house and giving her the task of trying to convince the real celebrities that she was a pop star. Yesterday, she succeeded and the truth has now been revealed to the housemates.

Here's a list of the housemates:

Pete Burns - a man with a lady's faece
Dennis Rodman - a tall blacke man
Jodie Marsh - boobs and tears
George Galloway - anti-war man
Preston [somebody] - an Ordinary Boy
Michael Barrymore - depressing ex-sleb, aside from hitler impression
Maggott - off of Goldie Looking Chain
Rula Lenska - 70s actress
Fariah [somebody] - i don't know who
Traci [somebody] - off of Baywatch...?
Chantelle [somebody] - the fake sleb

Has anyone watched any of this?
Say something about it, please.
You can start below here:

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
Caught a glimpse of this the other night, Faria is Faria Alam, a nobody who shagged the then head of the FA, Mark Palios, and then Sven Goran Eriksson, and then sold the details to the press. So basically she's a 2-bit nobody with no taste, class or discretion, pretty much the standard choice for BB it seems.

The short bit I saw it seemed that Pete Burns and Michael Barrymore had taken an instant dislike to each other. Despite the potential of comedy arguing between a couple of has-beens I doubt I'll watch it though, the whole idea has been so done to death it's hard to see what can happen that hasn't happened at least once previously really.

MiscellaneousFiles

I have to say I did enjoy Chantelle's Goodyesque conversation with Dennis.

-
"So do you play basketball?"

-
"Yeah"

-
"Are you any good?"

-
"They tell me I am"

-
"It's sorta like netball, isn't it?"

-

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
There was a great bit last night where Chantelle emerged from the Diary Room, having been declared 'officially a celebrity' by Big Brother (in sneering, sarcastic mode). She was greeted by her delighted 'fellow celebrities' in scenes that reminded this viewer of the horrifying "One of us! One of us!" climax of Tod Browning's classic Freaks (1932).
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by ben:
Tod Browning's classic Freaks (1932).

LOL - Probably the first film to offer the tagline "Can a full grown woman truly love a MIDGET?" but certainly not the last.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if that zombie game ever breaks?
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse to acknowledge "Big Brother" and its so-called celebrities (only two of which I have ever heard of).

Why are we not instead talking of the great FA Cup action over the weekend?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the last five minutes of Luton holding Man United to a goalless draw. For one moment, one tiny, infintesimable fraction of I second I almost stopped loathing football. Partly because the Luton players were quite so pretty; all young and overjoyed looking.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it an annual requirement for one football game to feature the "minnows become giant killers" story? The giants then blunder off and continue winning everything in the normal fashion, while the minnows simply lose their next game and go back to doing whatever they did before - being plumbers or car wash attendants or something.

I'm fairly sure that's the format anyway.

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post 
burton.
luton played liverpool.

Louche
Same thing. Team I had never heard of versus team I reserve special loathing for. Easily confused...
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
And for those that are interested here is the next round draw, which is of far more importance than a dull resurrection of has-beens and never quite weres for voyeuristic masterbation.

Stoke City/Tamworth v Barnsley/Walsall

Cheltenham Town/Chester City v Newcastle United

Coventry v Nuneaton Borough/Middlesbrough

West Brom/Reading v Torquay/Birmingham

Portsmouth v Liverpool

Leicester v Southampton

Bolton v Arsenal

Aston Villa v Port Vale

Brentford v Sunderland

Manchester City v Wigan/Leeds

Millwall/Everton v Chelsea

Preston v Crystal Palace

West Ham v Blackburn

Colchester v Derby

Charlton v Leyton Orient

Wolves v Burton/Manchester United

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post 
west jam vs blackeye rovers?
oof.

colchester?
we're out next round then....

Niffer
Een beetje vreemd, maar wel lekker!
 - posted      Profile for Niffer           Edit/Delete Post 
Charlton v Teh Orient - and I'm in sodding Moscow [Frown]

Chances of finding anywhere showing that one anre nil-nil at full time.

Bugger.

--------------------
Seek help, possibly medication.

Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
I saw the last five minutes of Luton holding Man United to a goalless draw. For one moment, one tiny, infintesimable fraction of I second I almost stopped loathing football. Partly because the Luton players were quite so pretty; all young and overjoyed looking.

The same thing happened to me when I saw the Liverpool game! I mean, I always enjoy when Liverpool games are on TV, but that's nothing to do with the football and everything to do with Steven Gerrard's thighs. This time, though, the football itself was almost squeal-inducingly thrilling. Afterwards I felt ashamed.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by doc d:
west jam vs blackeye rovers?
oof.

We did the Rovers first game of the season at the Boleyn ground, so if our Teddy's back I think we could be looking at the 5th round come February.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what the final score was for the Luton v's Liverpool match?

I saw the first half and thought Luton played brilliantly... when we left it was Luton 2 - Liverpool 1.

I was hoping they managed to hold Liverpool off for a win but never found out the end result?

Louche
Liverpool won by some.

I helped.

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh thats a shame, I love a bit of giant killing...

quote:
Originally posted by Fionnula the Cooler:
This time, though, the football itself was almost squeal-inducingly thrilling. Afterwards I felt ashamed.

Ringo was in the bathroom shaving and heard me squealing after both Luton goals. He came back with a very bemused expression to find me huddled under the duvet staring intently at the last five minutes of the first half. Then he made me switch it off* [Frown]

*not really true, we were going out to dinner but I could easily have watched the second half.

MiscellaneousFiles

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

I will NOT have my thread taken over by football chate!

There's a *Games forum for this kind of crap.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
I had to watch supid Ghostbusters at someone's stupid birthday party, and thus had to rely on a mate texting me updates. And then get up at 5 am, or whenever it is on Sunday that they insist on showing Match of the Day, in order to witness this goalfest. Have you heard about the punter who had £200 at 125-1 on Alonso scoring a goal from his own half, after seeing him try something similar last season?

My parents are very happy Leicester City fans this morning, something that doesn't happen very often.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Louche
In the grand scheme of shit things to talk about football actually beats Celebrity Big Brother.

I'm not arsed about the zombies. The zombie chate is quite cute. I think I might adopt a zombie one day. I imagine they'd make an interesting conversation point at dinner...

[ 09.01.2006, 09:55: Message edited by: Louche ]

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone watch 'Invasion' on Channel 4 last night before, during or after CBB ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

ben

I don't know - after Dark Skies and Taken and all those other lacklustre efforts, I couldn't really be bothered with another tv aliensfest.

When will people realise: there are no aliens. We're all on our tod in this vast, terrifying, empty universe.
[Frown]

[ 09.01.2006, 10:22: Message edited by: ben ]

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
In the grand scheme of shit things to talk about football actually beats Celebrity Big Brother.

Not on my threads!

On the subject of Reality TV, I also caught a few minutes of Shipwrecked yesterday. The idea is that two teams (or tribes) are left on two separate desert islands. Each week a new person arrives and is given a choice of which island to live on. At the end of the series, the island with the most inhabitants wins. So there's a reason for the contestants to make their island a better place to live. There's almost a purpose to it.

Personally I think someone (EndEmAll?) should create a crossover of Shipwrecked and Scrapheap challenge. The same two islands are filled with scrap metal, old tractors, washing machines, etc. Contestants on both teams have to build a weapon with the limited resources available. They then use said weapon to try and obliterate the inhabitants of the opposing island.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know - after Dark Skies and Taken and all those other lacklustre efforts, I couldn't really be bothered with another tv aliensfest.

I think Snorton watched all these - he thought they said illegal alien and signed up.

-

Thorn Davis

Sorry, that was well shit.
ben

Unless anyone can provide contradictory evidence 'by close of play today', I think that will go down as being your worst ever post Thorn.

I feel dirty just for having unwittingly given you the 'feed'.

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Did anyone watch 'Invasion' on Channel 4 last night before, during or after CBB ?

Mrs Dang reckoned this was very good, but I didn't see it myself.

The one I do fancy seeing is Life On Mars about the nowadays copper who goes back to the 70s, or something. The reviews are saying it's very good, but it starts tonight and I'm back in France now. Fortunately the BBC Freeview channels mean that pretty much everything is repeated pretty much all the time, so I expect to see it sometime at the weekend.

ben

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Freeview ... pretty much everything is repeated pretty much all the time

*rueful lol* Yeah that's about the size of it.
Good Fairy
We'll be the pirate twins again
 - posted      Profile for Good Fairy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:

I want to like it, but it's looking like a really drawn out version of the bodysnatchers. "Lost", got very old very quick. Maybe I'm just getting impatient?
Thorn Davis

quote:
Unless anyone can provide contradictory evidence 'by close of play today', I think that will go down as being your worst ever post Thorn.

I reckon there are a few other contenders, but the one that sprang immediately to my mind was the regrettable...

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I thought yesterday's interview went quite badly: notably when they were talking about a project to combat HIV amongst Africans, and I suggested calling it spAIDS.

Louche
quote:
I reckon there are a few other contenders, but the one that sprang immediately to my mind was the regrettable...

quote:
I thought yesterday's interview went quite badly: notably when they were talking about a project to combat HIV amongst Africans, and I suggested calling it spAIDS.

That's sick, shocking and therefore funny in a very black (Mask) way. The Aliens joke didn't even really make sense. Basically, you're just digging up better moments now in an attempt to detract from the utterly dire post above, aren't you?
Thorn Davis

Well what else could I do?
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
"Saddam Hussein greeted me with a handshake, which, again to my surprise, is surprisingly soft considering how many people that hand had dispatched, allegedly."

-
"Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability! And I want you to know that we are with you until victory! Until Jerusalem!"

-
"[Fidel Castro] is not a dictator, not at all."

-
"The disappearance of the Soviet Union is the biggest catastrophe of my life"

-
"I'm an MP"

[ 09.01.2006, 18:19: Message edited by: vikram ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+