Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Bring it on, you mooks! Life advice. (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Bring it on, you mooks! Life advice.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
We could just let him blame himself. Make a series of ever more accusatory posts, obvious and anger and frustration with him increasing as the evidence mounted to indicate it was all Jonesy's fault. Then we could get a lynch mob together or something. Burn an effigy on his lawn. Assuming he has a lawn. An effigy of a dismembered prostitute. Though I'm not entirely sure how one goes about making an effigy of a dismembered prostitute.
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get you one you can burn, Louche. It might be very realistic, but it's definitely an effigy. No need to go blabbing around to the police or anything silly like that. Definitely an effigy.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you make it yourself, Nathan? Is it the product of hours of dedicated work? Frighteningly real, all the way down to that uncomfortably strong abbatoir smell that hangs around it?
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:

Cheer us up Sabian...

"Unfortunately, you'll not progress further in this process... You do not possess enough verifiable experience to fulfil this role"

Yet another reason to hate being American.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks mate, you deserve better. Mind I thought you were doing OK for yourself being self-employed ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

sabian

I am, but the spells between contracts suck.

Its literally feast or famine and now the kids are getting older, their toys are more expensive as well.

So, a 9-5 will provide a smaller, but consistent pay cheque. Catch22... Become a corporate whore for less money but know the bills are paid, or continue on doing what I enjoy doing now and be minted for a bit and skint for longer?

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Nathan Bleak
That's not a 'Catch-22' situation. That's just a 'decision'.

--------------------

sabian

Sure it is... I'm fucked either way

I either get less money and be unhappy, but safe in knowledge that bills are covered month to month.

Or

I'm happy, getting fuck loads of money for little time spent, but I have to make the one huge pay cheque last to next job comes in which doesn't always happen.

I can't really win.

--------------------

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't sound like you're really that happy doing contract work either, from what you're saying.
Nathan Bleak
Why are people always so suprised when in order to have one thing, they have to give up another thing, behaving like it's some kind of vicious sleight the universe is perpetrating on them? That's the way it works! You weigh up the pros and cons, and you make a decision as to which you want the most. "Whu! Whu! You mean I can't have everything my own way?!?" Jesus.

Anyway. A catch-22 isn't making a choice between two situations each with its own drawbacks, it's an impenetrable loop that collapses in its own logic: You can't escape the army unless you're mad, in that situation you have to apply for your own discharge, but the act of applying your own discharge demonstrates self-preservation and proves you're not mad.

It's not the same as "You can walk this path, but there are some drawbacks or you can do this other thing which has some different benefits, and some different drawbacks." That's just called - I dunno. Being alive.

[ 10.05.2007, 04:43: Message edited by: Nathan Bleak ]

--------------------

sabian

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Why are people always so suprised when in order to have one thing, they have to give up another thing, behaving like it's some kind of vicious sleight the universe is perpetrating on them? That's the way it works! You weigh up the pros and cons, and you make a decision as to which you want the most. "Whu! Whu! You mean I can't have everything my own way?!?" Jesus.

Oh fuck off Thorn... You are forever moaning about how shit something is... I'm having a little moan about what I want to do with the rest of my life on a forum. Sorry it doesn't fit in with your universal outlook today.

quote:

Anyway. A catch-22 isn't making a choice between two situations each with its own drawbacks, it's an impenetrable loop that collapses in its own logic: You can't escape the army unless you're mad, in that situation you have to apply for your own discharge, but the act of applying your own discharge demonstrates self-preservation and proves you're not mad.

It's not the same as "You can walk this path, but there are some drawbacks or you can do this other thing which has some different benefits, and some different drawbacks." That's just called - I dunno. Being alive.

Fair enough... I'm between a rock and a hard place... Does that cliché suit you better or shall I try again?

[ 10.05.2007, 04:50: Message edited by: sabian ]

--------------------

Nathan Bleak
quote:
the act of applying your own discharge demonstrates self-preservation

Er. Ew. Sorry about this. Potty training was a nightmare.

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Sabian - hope something comes up to help you make the decision...

Found out today that I too have been rejected.

Nice feeling, like jelly-limbs and defeat...

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Benny I have no sympathy for you, you're clearly in love, have got married - probably to some blond tanned white toothed Californian beach bunny sex goddess, split your time jetting between exciting areas of America and the Historic UK. Work/worked in "the movies". Know annecdotes about famous people and are well regarded with the Barbelith set.

Frankly it's about time you stopped being alterna-benny and started living like the rest of us, as shit benny on shit earth. [Mad] [Mad]

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+