Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » here is some money . go and spend it for me, theres a luv (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: here is some money . go and spend it for me, theres a luv
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by discodamage:
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
disceau, I gather you're a bit of a Stokes Croft girl, you should try The Casbah night at Casablanca, it is kind of like Lost Vagueness transposed from Glastonbury to Bristol, and is also dead cheap. I went to the opening night for the stellar price of a fiver a few weeks ago to hear a band that a friend liked and there were 4 live bands! and cheap beer! and dress-up! excellent.

was that the night termites played? they are good arent they. and not unattractive. i like the look of that night, i heart dressing up and cheap beer and its ten minutes walk from my house, so its a definite possibility.
Yes it was (that was the band my friend wanted to see having heard them at Ashton Court: he described them as 'absolute joy' which intrigued me a bit as he is very random.)
Just got back from pantwetting Goldfrappness at the Carling Academy. Hu-ah!!! She didn't roger herself with the theramin as I had been led to believe. Quite a disappointment for a girl.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god those pies sound good.

--------------------

Keef
That, was liquid chate
 - posted      Profile for Keef           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just got back from pantwetting Goldfrappness at the Carling Academy. Hu-ah!!!

Excellent, I assume this means they were good - I'm seeing them in Norwich (next week I think) and if they do a similar performance as last time, it should be a great night.

quote:
She didn't roger herself with the theramin as I had been led to believe. Quite a disappointment for a girl.

Shame.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
discodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodisco.....

look here!

[ 03.10.2005, 07:57: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Matador is indeed a thing of extreme mouth-joy, I had one at a street festival in Bristol accompanied by mash, gravy and a pint of San Miguel, and I practically exploded with pleasure. Had I actually looked at this thread previously I might have photographed one at Borough on Saturday; they aren't cow-pie like at all Mikee, more like neat, round, oversized pork pie resembling things. But they are lush, lush, lush.

So have you done your Fopshopp then DD?

If not I would suggest the first Run the Road compilation or the new Elbow album.

[ 03.10.2005, 08:14: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
| extreme mouth-joy | street festival | pint of San Miguel | practically exploded with pleasure | they are lush, lush, lush | Fopshopp | new Elbow album |

Campest post ever! [Razz]
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol. But San Miguel and Elbow camp?

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
San Miguel and Elbow camp?

I'd say this is definately gay, but only if you're a big beard sporting bear complete with chaps and 'grrrr face'

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any evidence to back that up except:

1.) I know the dude from Elbow has a beard

2.) I drink San Miguel and have an inferiority complex

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I want TMO's Ben to grow his hair and front an Elbow tribute band.

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have not done my fopshopp yet, br- the vouchies only went in the post today.

knowledge of bugs are playing that thing on november 5th. here is a page of the man from kowledge of bugs. he makes musical equipment. because i am a girl, i do not know what they do, but they look very nice and make funny noises a bit like a bat farting. i thought mikee and people like him, who like musical equipments, might be interested.

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I bought four (4) pieminister pies on Saturday morning on the way home from a haircut. So far I've restrained myself to the minty lamb one (yum) and have the heidi, thai chook and matador left to enjoy sometime this week.

So far, big thumbs up.

--------------------

saltrock
"absolutely no idea whatsoever"
 - posted      Profile for saltrock           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love San Miguel. Is that not a good thing then?

I have been making a lot of pies lately, which given that I am [as always] trying to lose weight, is not a good thing at all. But, the blackberries were ace this year and it seemed a hell of shame not to. God save me from the perils of pastry. Please.

--------------------
Call that a contribution?

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I can report that heidi's pie is very tasty.

--------------------

saltrock
 - posted      Profile for saltrock           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has it got in it? Goats?

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Thank you for the link disco, I forgot to say. It is the fucking shit and I want to find out how much they cost but that page is dark and full of pictures and screams 'NOT WORKING' from the pc. So will have to do later.

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately that page has no information about the price of pies, unless I'm being less observant than normal, but I'm quite tempted to order some for delivery. Are they big family sized pies or individual pie serving size?
saltrock
I might come to the next meet and set up a pie stall. Sounds like it'd be a winner!

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

I was talking about the instruments of course, but I wouldn't rule out buying and eating a pie too. It's a possibility.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
They are individual size and quite pricy. Just under £3 a pop, at least when I got them. But they are lovely lovely lovely.

--------------------

saltrock
Hey! I wasn't far off on the heidi pie. Except it doesn't contain slaughtered beasties.

PIE

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
so...which pie should I savour tonight? the thai chook or the matador? suggestions please.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
mmm thai chook hnnnnnnnngggh.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way, i should tell you that i bought:

smile by brian wilson

doolittle by pixies

greetings from michigan by sufjan stevens.

all of them are most satisfactory.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
except, i am turning indie again. which is interesting.

--------------------

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me about it. I love Death Cab for Cutie, Envelopes, Of Montreal, Postal Service and Architecture in Helsinki. It's the most happy, twee, schmindie little musics imaginable. I don't know what is going on. I have no desire to write about any of it. I don't care anything about what's in the musicians and songwriters' heads. I just like to listen to it, because it is pretty. I guess it is a reaction against all the sleazy dirty electro or something. It's kind of befuddling.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
quote:
discodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodiscodisco.....

look here!

is anyone Bristolly going to be going to this?

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
quote:

is anyone Bristolly going to be going to this?

yes, i will be, but not sure for which bit or where. i will definitely be watching bucky on the second stage at about 6.30- have you ever seen bucky, hippy? man, they are the wildest!- and then possibly going to watch some fireworks, and then going to see some more bands, but i dont know who or where or when.

well, its an answer of sorts i supposes.

[ 04.11.2005, 09:04: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
In the evening I am going to do Downs Fireworks and pikey funfair action, followed by snags and taters at some friends' house, but my friend Weird Cornish Richard still wants to go to the Casablanca in the afternoon because (and I kid you not) he has constructed a spreadsheet of all the bands he has seen this year, is up to 88 and wishes to reach the magic century by Christmas.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
quote:
In the evening I am going to do Downs Fireworks

bristol is so so inclusive that the mongs get their own catherine wheel! i think i am going to st werberghs city farm for my fireworks, to a) pick up some more chard for my knitting collection and b) no doubt watch a tousled-haired organic- couscous- fed ratchild stick a sparkler up a goat's bottom whilst its mother is off buying half a pound of organic halva and three pints of rumpy pumpy cider, discussing the new round of funding applications for a youth project which introduces ASBO kids to the joys of applied capoeira.

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are downs fireworks?
dance margarita
TMO Member
they are the fireworks that went wrong in the factory, and have no fuse or are leaking gunpowder out of their wrappers. they are the raggydolls of the firework community. bristol is committed to equal opportunities for fireworks and does not like to see the downs fireworks thrown to one side, to be pulped up and turned into matchboxes.

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought they sounded excellent and wrong. Instead they are excellent and right.

I love down's fireworks.

[ 04.11.2005, 09:50: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

New Way Of Decay

Equal oppurtunities rock!! \m/

-

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
That looks like Paralympics Mr. Benn. In space.

[ 04.11.2005, 09:53: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+