Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » What Music Do You Want Played At Your Funeral? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: What Music Do You Want Played At Your Funeral?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gri, you should go to mass with the Paynes. They'll make you feel like the very product of Satan with their two part harmonies on Gloria

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just thought of two more songs I'd like played at my funeral.

Both from Sigur Ros: Staralfur and the one from the Vanilla Sky soundtrack...which makes my heart do a big flipflop every time I hear it.

Harlequin
Sponsored by Rohypnol®
 - posted      Profile for Harlequin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something meloncholy and depressing would be fitting for a funeral. Incidently the lively cheerful song "When the saints go marching in", actually started out as funeral song in Jazz capital New Orleans. Where amongst the blacks of the late nineteenth and early 20th century it was customary to give the dead a cheerful send off.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like in James Bond: Live and Let Die.

What song would have then, Harlequin?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Harlequin
Sponsored by Rohypnol®
 - posted      Profile for Harlequin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably this one by Gordon Lightfoot from 1971 as it sounds miserable enough:

If you could read my mind love what a tale my thoughts could tell just like an old time movie bout a ghost from a wishin well in a castle dark or a fortress strong with chains upon my feet you know that ghost is me and I will never be set free as long as Im a ghost that you cant see

If I could read your mind love what a tale your thoughts could tell just like a paperback novel The kind that drugstores sell when you reach the part where the heartaches come the hero would be me but heroes often fail and you wont read that book again because the endings just too hard to take I'd walk away like a movie star who gets burned in a three way script enter number two a movie queen to play the scene pf bringing all the good things out in me but for now love, lets be real I never thought I could act this way and Ive got to say that I just dont get it I dont know where we went wrong But the feelins gone and I just cant get it back

If you could read my mind love what a tale my thoughts could tell just like an old time movie bout a ghost from a wishin well in a castle dark or a fortress strong with chains upon my feet but stories always end and if you read between the lines youll know that Im just tryin to understand the feelins that you lack I never thought I could feel this way and Ive got to say that I just to get it I dont know where we went wrong but the feelins gone and I just cant get it back.

By the way as it is a love song it would also be suitable for a wedding as well.

[ 21.07.2006, 08:14: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amy:
I've just thought of two more songs I'd like played at my funeral.

Both from Sigur Ros: Staralfur and the one from the Vanilla Sky soundtrack...which makes my heart do a big flipflop every time I hear it.

I heart sigur ros very much. Some of the most beautiful music i have ever heard.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was used by Dom Joly. It is indeed a good tune, and nails melancholy perfectly. Kind of what that "heartbeats" by jose gonzales was aiming at.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+