Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » Life on Mars (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Life on Mars
Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
 - posted      Profile for Ganesh           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tt.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a 'Tut', Genesh, or are you channeling Words and Pictures?

[ 15.02.2006, 07:11: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

LowLevel
He's just a sweet transvestite !
 - posted      Profile for LowLevel           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that the one with the floaty guy who looked like a red golfball typewriter?

--------------------
If sir requires spall, may I suggest the .90 calibre depleted uranium ?

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's doing an Alan Moore style "tut" from Big Numbers.

--------------------
member #28

Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
Kovacs half-hearted rebellion is rendering me semi-tutless.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LowLevel:
[QB] Was that the one with the floaty guy who looked like a red golfball typewriter? [/B]

No, that was Look and Read, golf ball typwriter was Wordy. Words and Pictures: Charlie, Magic Pencil writing "T..tee...t...tuh"
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magic, magic E
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Magic, magic E

LOL! I get it! because 'E' is like another name for Ecstasy, and when the kids programme says 'magic E' it's like they're endorsing ecstasy, which isn't the normal sort of behaviour that you'd expect from an educational broadcast, lol that's brilliant that is, even if the fact that it's in a spelling programme sort of anchors it to something completely different, it still works if you sort of shut your eyes and totally shut down your brain, and also as long as you think of 'E' as magic, rather than chemicals, and if you're a twat.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm angry with Sesame Street at the moment. I've got one of their counting songs stuck in my head again. This happens at least once a month and has done since I last saw the programme in question, which I believe was in about 1985.

Does anyone else remember the animation of a pinball rolling around a table, triggering various numbers? The music was cheesy and the lyrics were overenthusiasticaly sung:

quote:
One, two, three, four, five,
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten,
Eleven, twelve!

Perhaps I should seek medical advice.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was making a social commentry on how people are increasingly dependant on the internet for an alarming number of functions.

Clearly it is you who is the twat.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Is the Kovacs Half-Hearted Rebellion just him moaning Here about posting some stuff from Here There or is there more to it than that?
Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Is the Kovacs Half-Hearted Rebellion just him moaning Here about posting some stuff from Here There or is there more to it than that?

I think that's pretty much it. I don't even think it's got as far as the headmaster's office.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I've been reading some of the Barbelith threads, Ganesh. I've never really looked at the place before - partly because I get the impression that the community takes itself a little too seriously but mostly because I waste enough of my time on the internet without finding yet another distraction. Anyway, I digress.

One of the threads I read proposed the idea that Barbelith is 'pro-queer' to the extent of being 'anti-hetero'. You clearly lurk around TMO a fair bit and I was wondering how you feel TMO (small community that it is) compares with Barbelith in terms of our attitude towards the gay community.

[ 15.02.2006, 09:10: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

kovacs

By the by, Ganesh, we have not always seen eye to eye but I certainly agreed with you in your ruthless unpacking of that fellow's "gay 'jokes'" about Saturn being a queer planet because of its many colourful, cosmically-transvestite rings.

--------------------
member #28

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonesy, you can be a right fudge-packer sometimes.

[ 15.02.2006, 09:34: Message edited by: Roy ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ganesh - please don't think that TMO is homophobic because of posts like this:

quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
Joensy, you can be a right fudge-packer sometimes.

Roy's allowed to make these comments because he is a gay. A gay ninja, in fact.

[ 15.02.2006, 09:33: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
I do it stealthily
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
I do it stealthily

What? The gay thing?
Don't kid yourself, Roy.

MiscellaneousFiles

How do you feel about hitting the big 1,000, ralph?
Hope you're going to make it a post to remember.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet he spunks it too quickly and leaves us feeling unfulfilled

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
As long as he makes a decent fist of it.
MiscellaneousFiles

No pressure, ralph.
kovacs

I think a new thread on whether TMO is "pro-str8" (and, I don't know what, a less than comfortable environment for anyone who isn't straight? in contrast to Barbelith?) would be quite interesting.

--------------------
member #28

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Start it. It's a good 'un.
Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
Might do so later this evening. After some cock.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Lol.
Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
By the by, Ganesh, we have not always seen eye to eye but I certainly agreed with you in your ruthless unpacking of that fellow's "gay 'jokes'" about Saturn being a queer planet because of its many colourful, cosmically-transvestite rings.

I think it was primarily the weakness of the 'jokes' that bothered me. They weren't so much homophobic as just piss-poor unfunny - offensively unfunny.
kovacs

It's an interesting idea though -- whether, say, a racist joke can be redeemed because it's funny, and is worse if it's not funny, or whether it couldn't be funny because it's based on a racist premise. Think I tried to start a discussion here about that a while back, and flopped.

--------------------
member #28

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to be able to comment on this, but I feel like I can't. I think that TMO is a place where ideas can be taken as free floating concepts, in the sense that any ideological ties are secondary to the freedom of the imagination. This is why nobody gets banned - because it's a creative space, and creativity is necessarily anarchic (because it asks rather than tells). It's lovely to be able to politicise things, to be able to apply formula and theory to social phenomena, but for me, it's missing the point. Maybe as a white, straight, middle class man, my viewpoint is worthless. I'm tempted to believe so.

I don't see cultural refinement as a kind of personal improvement, nor do I see reasoning or argument skillz as a way of proving one's worth. You may as well compare hairstyles. I detest the way in which people value other people based on their thoughts or their expression, which is why I hate barbelith, or any other institution that 'rates'. I think that on TMO there is a kind of snobbishness that pertains to cultural engagement. I don't know how I'm viewed on TMO in terms of culture.. Probably not very highly, because of the kind of thing I'm into. In fact, I'd hope that my interests give me no extra points, because they are purely that - my interests. I seriously dislike the kind of holier than thou attitude that seems to prevail, because such an attitude is essentially stifling to freedom of thought. I remember arguing against ben on this many years ago when he talked about the baying masses going to the multiplex.. It's appalling.

I'm not arguing against the importance of knowledge or imagination. I'm arguing for a space where middle class knowledge rivalry isn't the most important thing. I'd like to think that I'm in some way valued as a contributer because I'm honest, and I've got ideas that I want to be exploded, torn apart, and questioned. That's what I'm here for. I know that this is drunken and pointless posting. But I don't want TMO to get embroiled in arguments over what is and what isn't acceptable - these arguments do not exist in art, and we should all feel free enough to be able to consider our writing as art.S Norton is obviously a damaged a Neo nazi. Thorn is a damaged journalist. Kovacs is a damaged theorist. We're all damaged, and we've all obviously got something to say. Errm. Ah. What I mean is. Don't let Ganesh turn this place into Barbelith. Let anarchy rule, let ideas be God, rather than status, education or profession. We're all here for a reason - we all want our ideas to be heard. Please, let's not judge based on anything other than honesty. I love TMO, and everybody in it, and we need to remember why we're here. Do you really need to be validated? I hope that all we ever want is recognition for the unique viewpoints we bring.

So come on TMO. Tell us. Rather than the classic 'what do you like about TMO', I think we should tell TMO what it should like about us.

Oh Lord, I'm a cock.

[ 15.02.2006, 20:54: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
Don't let Ganesh turn this place into Barbelith.

Yes, because obviously that is my single abiding goal on this message board. And in life generally.

After cock.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow I didn't expect you to be here!

I'm not saying that's all you want. I do think that Barbelith is a far stricter environment than TMO, and I'm interested to know why you'd come here, when presumably, chat board utopia has already been attained.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
Jeez, project much?

I like this board. I like Barbelith too. For different reasons. This is possible.

Dr. Benway

hey ganesh, fancy a chat?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ganesh
They all drink lemonade.
The end.
'Fraid I'm about to turn in. Sawry.
Dr. Benway

yeah, you're right. It's too damn late to be fucking about on the net.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+