Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » the last broadcast (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: the last broadcast
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to have to explain it but rare as in uncommon. Uncommon because it would be an unwise statement to make. Maybe it's not that unusual when terms like 'cyber-goth' are bandied about so often.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last ever episode of Quantum Leap left me feeling a bit hollow and the world was forever a sadder place from that day onwards.

However, even the last episode cannot possibly compare to "The Journey Home" double episode where Sam arrives in his own body as a teenager and gets to hang out with his little sister and tell her that he's from the future and that their older brother and John Lennon are dead. And she doesn't believe him and so he sings her "Imagine" whilst playing his guitar, and then she cries because that means that he's been telling the truth about travelling in time and therefore their older brother really does get killed in Vietnam. And then he plays basketball a bit...

... and then Sam leaps forward into the Vietnam war! And I can't remember if he is his brother or his brother's friend, or even if his brother lives or dies because I got all distracted by the guns and shooting and stuff and it was da bomb! Best double-episode EVER!

Also, I used to love ER before it got really boring. And the best episode of that EVER was the one where Carter had been flirting with the new blonde chick, who had been around for a while but you still weren't sure whether you would or not. I mean, she was cute, but a bit plump for your teenage tastes, and slightly annoying. However, the writers cleverly alter her character a bit for a couple of episodes to make her not so annoying, and suddenly make her seem pretty sexy, and then she goes into this room and gets stabbed to death by a patient. And then Carter, who was the total hero of the show and who coincidentally also decided around the same time as you that he wanted to bone her, he walks into the room and he gets stabbed in the back too, and the rock music is playing really loud from a party in reception, and he falls to the ground and sees the blonde chick and she's almost dead and then the season ends. Man, that was the best ending ever. They so should have axed ER after that show.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i shed a tear when mark died, but then i'm a wuss
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched QL again, I still shed a tear.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This made me tearful like a big cissy.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Becket spelt with only one T in the credits of the last episode, when all published books, scripts and suchlike spell it with two ?

[ 11.05.2006, 09:31: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Good Fairy
We'll be the pirate twins again
 - posted      Profile for Good Fairy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Did Quantum Leap affect my life ? I don't know, perhaps you'd better ask my son. Beckett.

I would be more convinced if he was called Quantam Leap

--------------------
They weren't all your friends and you dont want to be reunited with them

LowLevel
He's just a sweet transvestite !
 - posted      Profile for LowLevel           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Why is Becket spelt with only one T in the credits of the last episode, when all published books, scripts and suchlike spell it with two ?

Is it not because Scott was to reprise his role in a series of episodes of the 'A' Team - where he jumps from member to member trying to keep them out of that damn military prison for a crime they didn't commit?

It's a nod to Mr T. - The character he's inhabiting when the only ever televised death in the series takes place...

The death of B.A. Barracus' ability to say the letter T

'Shuddup fule... Ah piddy da fule... Ah ain' goin on no plane' and so on and so forth

No?

Yes, thanks.. It's the leather one with all the studs on it

--------------------
If sir requires spall, may I suggest the .90 calibre depleted uranium ?

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Teh Prisoner - best tv show for 6th-formers ever. Aside from obvious stuff like the look of the show and the modish, mid-Cold War paranoia, the main attraction was Patrick McGoohan's electrifying, vengeful performance: so full of wintry rage that you never had any idea what he was going to do next.

After seeing off a succession of Number 2's in increasingly bizarre episodes, the final installement of The Prisoner (written and directed by McGoohan in the shadow of imminent cancellation) is one of the great moments of pretentious tv - I mean, the very idea of tv being pretentious nowadays is practically science fiction, so I guess we've rgeressed a fair old bit from the time when an offbeat sci-fi show on the third channel could garner an audience of millions.

Anyway. The episode itself kind of goes into meltdown after the crazy courtroom scenes and there's a weird coda that seems to feed back into the open credits of the very first episode (anticipating the circular multiple endings of Teh Twin Peaks by a good quarter-century. When it was re-screened in about 1992 I taped the final episode and watched it over and over, tripping out on its disjointed magic, reading lots of TS Eliot and having not much success with girls.

[ 12.05.2006, 08:50: Message edited by: ben ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+