Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Nine years after (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Nine years after
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. There’s a thing. Nine years ago I was just coming to the end of my 2nd year of Uni. A deeply unpleasant year where the squalor of shared houses really hit home and a number of inadvisable life choices were made. And run away from. Or hidden in the attic from. I was just about to move to London for my work placement year. This was to be a very wise move.

In many ways my life has not progressed at all since then – lol!

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
So when are you planning on having kids? [Razz]

She wants to start on that before she's 30 and although you should never discuss a lady's age, that gives me just over a year.....
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh. I can't picture you as a father. But truth be told, I can't picture myself as one either.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually that was a bit self pitying. I have definitely progressed in the past nine years. It is just that some of that time has been really shit, and I still live in a shonky shared house. We have a cleaner now though. Although she just quit this morning. Swings and roundabouts…
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Golden Brown really is a complete arse-hat, isn't he?

[Mad]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He certainly is. What the hell is the point in spending public money to get a study done by professionals into the dangers of something then deciding that you don't really like the findings so you're going to completely ignore it.

I may have to vote Tory.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I could bring myself to vote Tory. But where I live, it's either them or the Lib Dems. Christ!

I read a BBC News article last week in which Brown referred to "the new lethal strain - known as Skunk". In fact he used the word LETHAL three times in that article. On the number ten press briefings page, questions were asked about why he was now calling it lethal - his secretary said something like "nobody is under any doubt about the dangerousness of this drug - which is why it is illegal". Well of course there's some doubt about it, otherwise why is being reclassified against the advice of the advisory body?

Is alcohol not a dangerous drug? How many people does that kill in a year? LETHAL alcohol, that is. And LETHAL fags. It's an old argument, but still true.

*fume*

Also, lol @ the fact that this thread started out about alcohol, and is now tending toward cannabis. Slippery slope, and all that...

[ 07.05.2008, 09:23: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Is alcohol not a dangerous drug? How many people does that kill in a year? LETHAL alcohol, that is. And LETHAL fags. It's an old argument, but still true.

*fume*

What about LETHAL food? How many people die because of obesity each year?

What drug are you referring to btw?

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
What drug are you referring to btw?

Cannabis. Our PM has just announced that it's going to be reclassified as a Class B - which comes with a possible five (as opposed to two) year prison sentence for posession. I wonder what will happen in practise...
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I wonder what will happen in practise...

A larger portion of your population will wind up in prison. Like here in the US.

quote:
More than half a million people were behind bars for drug offenses in the United States at the end of last year, according to numbers from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. In a report released Sunday, the Justice Department number-crunchers found that people sentenced for drug crimes accounted for 21% of state prisoners and 55% of all federal prisoners.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't understand why when prohibition has been proven time and again not to work governments feel the need to keep doing it.

MJ use in Holland is lower among dutch teens than in all the surrounding countries where it is illegal. If it is legalised and taxed then it means

A) Extra money for the government
B) Less people in prison for pointless crimes
C) It can be grown legitimately thus cutting down on drugs being used to fund terrorists
D) The strength can be more closely monitored thus putting a stop to this "super skunk"

Probably more good things as well.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
A larger portion of your population will wind up in prison. Like here in the US.

I'm not sure how that'll happen as our prisons are so overcrowded. Coincidentally, they've just released *Pete Doherty from gaol after 29 days of a 14 week sentence for... (deep breath)... driving while uninsured and with no MoT while in possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.

[ 07.05.2008, 09:37: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to be fair, it only takes about a week of heavy skunk use before you're ready to kill yourself to stop the voices.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
to be fair, it only takes about a week of heavy skunk use before you're ready to kill yourself to stop the voices.

How heavy are we talking here, Kanye?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stopping only to sleep, and then sleeping in a cupboard where 5 people continue to smoke the entire time you're snoozing.

[ 07.05.2008, 09:45: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

ralph

Yeah...what constitues heavy use? I smoked anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 ounce a week for about 15 years. And I'm fine.
MiscellaneousFiles

I think it depends if you're already some kind of mental.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I can only speak from the perspective of a mental.
MiscellaneousFiles

They say it brings out the schizophrenia in you. Have you heard about that, Kanye? What about you, Benway? Jimmy? Steve? Anyone? Bueller?

[ 07.05.2008, 09:52: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I can only speak from the perspective of a mental.

Me too. So what's your particular mental disorder, Steve?
Kanye West
TMO Member
I ended up convinced that either a) I was on the Truman show and everything was being recorded, or that b) my parents had somehow told everybody I knew to act differently around me because I was mad, so everything was setup to prevent me from realising that I was actually insane. Literally, every person I came into contact with had somehow been forewarned, and the reality I experienced was totally managed and 'false'.

The thing is, there is a line between thinking that this kind of thing could be the case, and then switching over to genuinely believing it. It maybe seems like an easy line to imagine crossing, but it changes everything once you go over it.

[ 07.05.2008, 10:16: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

MiscellaneousFiles

Dark.

ETA: My worst weed experience was sitting in my attic as a helicopter circled overhead, convinced that it was the police and that they could see the smoke rising from the eaves and somehow knew that I was smoking an illegal drug. When I got went downstairs searchlights were shining in through the windows, dogs barking outside, sirens etc.

I later found out that they were chasing a burglar, who had taken refuge somewhere in the vicinity of my flat. It deeply fucked me up at the time, but not enough to stop me rolling up a fat one the following night.

[ 07.05.2008, 10:04: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
I nearly passed out with fear once in the bar because I thought a passing motorbike was an atomic explosion. Sounds stupid, but that was pretty terrifying.

[ 07.05.2008, 10:06: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fucking hell. Users Anonymous confessions of GREATNESS.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

Come on NWoD, you must've done some stupid stuff on a drug, one time. Spill, bitch!
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol, one time I went to a party with nwod and we got wasted on weed and pills, and he disappeared for a while. I started getting freaked out so I went upstairs and he was in the bedroom of the person who's party it was, and he was like making out with the bed, kind of humping it (clothes on) and talking to it, so I was like dude! what? And he then starts going on about how much he loves me and goes to grab my cock. Then when I told him that I wasn't into it he was all crying and shit and telling me all this stupid crap about how much he wanted to live in France, and how he'd always wanted to be a cartoonist. So I was like, yeah alright, but then he draws all these insane scribbled pictures and goes round showing everybody at the party. That shit was fucked up. Funny though. I only wish I was making it up [Frown]

[ 07.05.2008, 10:34: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

MiscellaneousFiles

Poor NWoD - that's terrible.
I wish I hadn't asked now.

Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah he got quite...confused.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once hand-bonged a tulip. I whitied so hard I had to stick my head out of a cat-flap for air because my hands became balls of plasticine and I couldn't manipulate the lock. I came back in and carried on. pleased with my own hardcore powers. But actually I had been laying out in the porch for an hour, passed out apparently.

--------------------

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I once hand-bonged a tulip.

This is basically a euphemism for jacking a guy into your mouth, right?
New Way Of Decay

It sure is, Tulip.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

So a side effect of drugs is that they turn you into a gay?

[ 07.05.2008, 10:48: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
can be.
MiscellaneousFiles

You still here, Walphie? [Wink]
ralph

Yeah, but pot never turned me gay.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+