Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Spot the Difference (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Spot the Difference
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lickapaw#2           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

Does anyone have any of their own?

--------------------
Black Mask: Have a good weekend, TMO!

Ringo: Don't tell me what to do.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of them is a photo of a posh looking man, the other is a photo of an easter island statue, taken before it was excavated.

here's one:

-

-

I've only really referenced "bald" and " screaming open mouth". Ballmer doesn't suffer from the agoraphobic agony of mr. scream in the same way that the posh man and the statue both seem blankly pompous. Ballmer is screaming because microsoft is so awesome, he can't contain himself. Mr Scream is screaming because Norway is fucking depressing.

[ 06.02.2008, 05:50: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That man doesn't look anything like that statue, except that the statue is designed to represent a human face, and the man also has a human face. That man has a straight nose, the statue's nose slopes up at the end. That statue's brow is so pronounced it leaves the eyes in darkness; not the case with the man in the photo. The staue's cheeks are gaunt, the man's give his face an oval shape. It just never ends. Every salient feature is different. This thread is a disgrace. Lickapaw is a disgrace. When you say 'Anyone got any of their own', do you mean 'has anyone got any pictures of two things that look completely difference, and are only related in the most cursory way for example a picture of a drawing of a dog and a photo of a completely different type of dog'?

[ 06.02.2008, 05:47: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, maybe I should try and join in. Here's 'mine':

-

-

Dr. Benway

they don't look alike and there's no resemblance in terms of attitude or demeanour.

Although, it looks like Theron was crying in the limo on the way to the premiere, probably because she yearns be an average joanna, living anonymously in Kent or East Sussex, outside the intrusive glare of the flashbulb. But she's had to compose herself, drag the pain back into her core, in order to put on a show for the adoring public. That private pain, the dissatisfaction with her Hollywood lifestyle: There's undeniable merit in a picture that can show us that.

[ 06.02.2008, 06:03: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

OK, here's a better one:

-

-

Dr. Benway

lol, ringo looks like the elephant man

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lickapaw#2           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
That man doesn't look anything like that statue, except that the statue is designed to represent a human face, and the man also has a human face. That man has a straight nose, the statue's nose slopes up at the end. That statue's brow is so pronounced it leaves the eyes in darkness; not the case with the man in the photo. The staue's cheeks are gaunt, the man's give his face an oval shape. It just never ends. Every salient feature is different. This thread is a disgrace. Lickapaw is a disgrace. When you say 'Anyone got any of their own', do you mean 'has anyone got any pictures of two things that look completely difference, and are only related in the most cursory way for example a picture of a drawing of a dog and a photo of a completely different type of dog'?

I think Thorn is premenstrual. That's Ben Fogle, you clutz, and yes, I stand by the idea that he looks like an Easter Island statue.

So there. Rant all you like. But for God's sake, stick a tampon in it first, okay?

--------------------

Thorn Davis

What difference does the fact he's Ben Foglet make? Just because he has a name it doesn't change the fact he looks almost completely unlike that statue. Unless it's called the Foglet statue which I don't think it is.
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
My my my, someone's in a mood today, eh?

Where did I say that his name makes any difference? You seemed not to know what his name was and just called him 'posh man' instead. Which isn't wrong in itself, but I thought I might name the posh man as you seemed not to know.

And, in case you hadn't noticed, babe, the Easter Island Statues don't actually look like anyone; they're art, Thorn.

There was, therefore, supposed to be an element of humour in my original post. Looks like it's gone over some people's heads though, dunnit?

[ 06.02.2008, 06:21: Message edited by: Lickapaw#2 ]

--------------------

Dr. Benway

hahahah! keep calling him babe! That'll do it.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

was my one alright, lickapaw#2?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
It's a funny one actually!

--------------------

Dr. Benway

better than thorn's?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorn couldn't get his head around the whole Zyklon thing, and so cannot be expected to see the similarities between Ben Easter and a Fogle Island statue.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
better than thorn's?

Oh, now, I can hardly make a comparison! They're both excellent!

\\It didn't make me laugh, but let's just keep that between you and me. Don't tell anyone else.\\

--------------------

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Lickapaw#2:
Where did I say that his name makes any difference?

I inferred it from your comment "That's Ben Fogle you clutz", as though somehow the fact that he was this man (although it says Foglet in the URL) made everything I said redundant. It's the 'you clutz', you see, like I was supposed to go "Oh my God! Ben Fogle Of course I should have seen the resemblance! What a clutz am I!"

quote:
And, in case you hadn't noticed, babe, the Easter Island Statues don't actually look like anyone; they're art, Thorn.
I think there's some confusion here. I did notice that the Easter Island Statues don't look like anyone, and went to some lengths to illustrate it with reference to Ben Fogle(t)(sa). If you agree that those are two things that look nothing like each other... I don't... I can't quite see where this eyebulging rage is coming from, because that's also what I was saying.
Dr. Benway

anybody got any more funny comparisons?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would compare Thorn with a Inuit's penis, but I don't think the image would be work-friendly. Thorn that is, not the Eskimocock.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Dr. Benway

shut up

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

Yes! Yes! Me! Me!

-

-

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lickapaw#2:
Where did I say that his name makes any difference?

I inferred it from your comment "That's Ben Fogle you clutz", as though somehow the fact that he was this man (although it says Foglet in the URL) made everything I said redundant. It's the 'you clutz', you see, like I was supposed to go "Oh my God! Ben Fogle Of course I should have seen the resemblance! What a clutz am I!"

quote:
I think there's some confusion here. I did notice that the Easter Island Statues don't look like anyone, and went to some lengths to illustrate it with reference to Ben Fogle(t)(sa). If you agree that those are two things that look nothing like each other... I don't... I can't quite see where this eyebulging rage is coming from, because that's also what I was saying.

You seemed to be pretty antagonistic about it, hence retaliation.

P.S. Dierdre Barlow = Hairless cat.

-
 -

[ 06.02.2008, 06:53: Message edited by: Lickapaw#2 ]

--------------------

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

Man that's some freaky shit right there. brr
Dr. Benway

I think you look quite smart.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's that in my old flat?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look like I've been hit in the face with a brick
Dr. Benway

you're probably just nervous - was that a job interview or something? Also, why are you in herbs' old flat?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a TV programme last night Ringo with a guy that looked like you. Except this morning when I looked him up, he didn't really look like you at all.

Here he is, doing that classic "not really looking like Ringo" stare of his:
 -

Dr. Benway

you're right, he doesn't look like ringo.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
Actually I don't know if it's classic because I've only seen him in one programme. Maybe it's a special look that he's cultivated just for this show. Perhaps normally he does look like Ringo, but has perfected not quite looking like him just for the show.
mart
My cat is sitting next to my laptop, playing with my roll-up cigarette filters, purring contentedly and also not looking, or acting, like Ringo.
Dr. Benway

ahh, that's nice.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

perhaps some lurking mums would like to chime in here? How cute does mart's cat sound?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
New advance in ideomotor movement: I have been 'not looking like Ringo' for the last hour or so and I didn't even realise!

I just checked and my colleague, Sarah, also 'does not look like Ringo'. It's a phememememomemem...omem...

...on.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+