TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Nick Cave (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Nick Cave
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
lol. So where's my incentive to make more money? I'll just go on the dole and let the rich support me! Woo hoo! [Roll Eyes]

Well, if you get on the dole you will probably end up being given a much smaller amount. I believe over here it is about £45 a week which amounts to £2340 a year or just over $3500 at todays exchange rate.

I suspect that even under Obama's tax regime you will probably be taking home more than $3500 a year and you will also be helping out people who earn less. It's all good really.

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Roy, since when did you stop living the dream and just turned into The Man.
You sicken me man. I trusted you.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
Anyhow Roy, it's either pay those taxes or keep increasing that National Debt... what's it gonna be?

How about we CUT SPENDING ON DEADBEATS AND KEEP THE TAX RATE THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW!!!!!
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Well, if you get on the dole you will probably end up being given a much smaller amount.

Yes...but I wouldn't have to work. I could take up a hobby...like video games...

[ 12.11.2008, 08:02: Message edited by: ralph ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people say it's OK to work and have hobbies.

And your "Stop paying money on deadbeats".... So scrap welfare. All those people in the auto industry who have been working hard but are now living in Detroit where there is like 7 jobs left have to go through the bins to eat now?

Welfare is there to help people who are unable to work for whatever reason. Yes, some people take advantage of that and don't ever work through choice, but I believe most governments attempt to stop that happening and actually use the welfare to help people out who need it.

Single mums for example. It is quite hard for them to go out and earn a living while staying at home looking after the child that Nick Cave fathered and then left without paying any child support, so I think that it shouldn't be too much of an issue that some of "your" money goes to helping them out.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
KEEP THE TAX RATE THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Why would you want to keep it the way it is when 95% of your country will have more money because of Obama's propsed tax cuts? That is more money in the pockets of people who are likely to go out and spend it which should help the economy.
McDirts
TMO Member
How would Nick Cave deal with this whole pay taxes or go on the dole dilemma?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Anyhow Roy, it's either pay those taxes or keep increasing that National Debt... what's it gonna be?

How about we CUT SPENDING ON DEADBEATS AND KEEP THE TAX RATE THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW!!!!!
The problem is that you can't get rich without other people being poor. You have to understand that you being able to afford nice things - even stuff as simple as food and petrol and a car - means that someone else somewhere along the line has suffered. So morally you have an obligation to give something back.
ralph

quote:
Welfare is there to help people who are unable to work for whatever reason. Yes, some people take advantage of that and don't ever work through choice, but I believe most governments attempt to stop that happening and actually use the welfare to help people out who need it.

I agree, but I personally know many people who play the system for all it's worth. Take my builder-buddy Brian for example. He works fulltime, but it's all in cash, so he reports very little income to the feds or the state. By doing that he's eligible for things like free healthcare and heating assistance....things that honest folk like myself have to pay for. So if the money was being spent on the needy I wouldn't have any issues with it...but a lot of it is going to people who are perfectly able to contribute to this great society and instead choose to suck it dry.

[ 12.11.2008, 08:10: Message edited by: ralph ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
So, if you're getting upset about these deadbeats, I assume you're reported Brian to the authorities? If not then you have absolutely no leg to stand on.
ralph

quote:
So, if you're getting upset about these deadbeats, I assume you're reported Brian to the authorities? If not then you have absolutely no leg to stand on.

Yeah right...and then have one of those I reported to the authorities show up at my door one night and beat the piss out of me. I don't think you and I live in the same world dude. Where I come from...you rat someone out and they come and get you. Plain and simple.
McDirts
TMO Member
Yeah Ralph, shop the mother to the feds, let him do a 3 - 5 stretch in the Big House getting banged up the slammer. No good deadbeat.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or if you're not prepared to shop him in, why the fuck do you give him work? If it bothers you that much?
Thorn Davis

quote:
I don't think you and I live in the same world dude. Where I come from...you rat someone out and they come and get you.

Lol. Do you live in the Sopranos world?
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Or if you're not prepared to shop him in, why the fuck do you give him work? If it bothers you that much?

Heh...I've wrestetled with this moral dilemma for some time. I hired Brian because he was cheap. I couldn't have provided a safe home for my wife without him. I was screwed either way.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
If you hadn't bothered to have your swimming pool put in, you could have hired a builder who does things by the book.

It's your own fault for insisting on a swimming pool.

McDirts
TMO Member
You already admitted to me you hired him for some Brokeback Mountain style man love. That's why you've turned against him now, isn't it? This has nothing to do with welfare spongers and everything to do with him turning away from you.

You sicken me even more.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Heh...I've wrestetled with this moral dilemma for some time. I hired Brian because he was cheap. I couldn't have provided a safe home for my wife without him. I was screwed either way.

Well, OK. But in that case you're already benefitting from screwing the system... so I don't know what you're complaining about? It's like buying cheap TVs from some guy down the pub while condemning low-life burgulars.

If you're happy to take cheap labour - made cheap by tax avoidance - you can't then go and complain about how some people don't work honestly, or pay their taxes or sponge or whatever... because you're a part of that system. You support it, and benefit from it.

[ 12.11.2008, 08:20: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my taxes will go up, even if he cuts them a little bit, they'll still be higher than they are now.

Aaaaah! Today... is a good day!

--------------------
sweet

ralph

quote:
If you hadn't bothered to have your swimming pool put in, you could have hired a builder who does things by the book.

It's your own fault for insisting on a swimming pool.

A by the book builder would have cost me around $45 to $50 an hour. Illegal Brian cost me $15 and hour. You do the math.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
my taxes will go up, even if he cuts them a little bit, they'll still be higher than they are now.

Aaaaah! Today... is a good day!
No...your good day won't come until 2010...
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
If you're happy to take cheap labour - made cheap by tax avoidance - you can't then go and complain about how some people don't work honestly, or pay their taxes or sponge or whatever... because you're a part of that system. You support it, and benefit from it.

I'm not complaining about Brian. Just everyone else who plays the system without it benifitting me. [Frown]
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
Me, me, me... you're clearly not part of any solution while you think like that.

You've sickened me to the point of imagining a world without the primal force of Nick Cave.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
You've sickened me to the point of imagining a world without the primal force of Nick Cave.

That would be the worst world ever. Look what you've done to McDirts, ralph. I'd be surprised if he has the strength to get up tomorrow morning just because of the chance that Nick Cave doesn't exist.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't think martina is going to like what we've done to her thread.
McDirts
TMO Member
You fool! There is no Martina, merely a sinister cabal of naysayers and Judases who whisper lies and deceit about taxes and swimming pools and man love but never acknowledge the man who made it all possible.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can you possibly be against tax rises that benefit 95% of americans, especially in times like this?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
HA.

[ 12.11.2008, 08:35: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
how can you possibly be against tax rises that benefit 95% of americans, especially in times like this?

lol. I see you've drank the kool-aid too. It is literally impossible to give a tax cut to 95% of Americans when 10% of Americans don't currently pay any taxes at all!
ralph

I'm #1! I'm #1!
McDirts
TMO Member
You've already shown yourself to be a hypocrite and a liar Ralph. Stop digging.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
libertarians R stoopid
ralph

Ok. Look at this logically for one second. Let's say you're part of a married couple making $300,000(US) per year. And let's for a moment assume that some of that income comes from a small rental property you own...let's say a 4 unit apartment building. You currently charge $1,000 a month for each of those four flats. So under Obama...your taxes suddenly increase. What are you going to do? Raise the fucking rent, that's what. So the poor slobs who are getting this great tax cut suddenly have to pay more for a place to live. So are they really getting a tax cut?

[ 12.11.2008, 08:41: Message edited by: ralph ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is literally impossible to give a tax cut to 95% of Americans when 10% of Americans don't currently pay any taxes at all!

I thought Oh-Barmer said it would benefit 95% of 'working families'.

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+