Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » A Bit of a Do (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: A Bit of a Do
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man, I'd feel pretty bad if he actually did. Also very powerful.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to do it, you should probably do it on webcam while being egged on by anonymous people from around the world. That will make you famous. But you'll need a good line to sign off on, and after shooting yourself in the face, it's quite hard to say "See, I told you I was hardcore", so definitely worth doing, but not without making sure you've planned it all out.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shooting yourself in the face is a pretty cool guy.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eh goes boom and double posts everything.

[ 16.12.2008, 08:23: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, this has put a downer on things hasn't it. We had so much fun yesterday as well.
Kanye West
TMO Member
with the norovirus approaching, why don't we swap stories of convulsive vomiting?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears that not everyone wants to sit around quoting internet memes all day Kanye. It baffles me as to why this would be as well.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I've resorted to writing sarcastic 'reviews' on imdb.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm despairing of the fact that I did a great one line post on TMT yesterday that referenced hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and nobody noticed. I think it was just too clever. Sometimes I wonder if I am too clever for this world.

So, I've been posting on reddit a bit really and checking out team news for the big match tonight (Bournemouth vs Blyth Spartans)

Kanye West
TMO Member
glad to see all the de-leveraging panic isn't getting in the way of your internet time.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I had to google de-levering, and I'm still not sure why it should stop me using the internet.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I then tried cuiling de-leveraging and that provided nothing of any use whatsoever.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Ask helped out on the first result, whilst google was about the fifth.

I might start using ask from now on.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Hey! Altavista still exists! That was the first ever search engine I used, and the results on it were way better than the ones from google.

Good old altavista. And it sounds exotic. I could search there and pretend I'm in Acapulco or something.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I tried aol search and my computer actually vomited on the desk.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Anyway. If you happen to live or work near a Krispy Kreme donut shop, (an actual shop, not one in a tesco), you can buy 5 christmas cards from there for £5.95.

That's a horrific deal, is going to be your first thought. However, each card has a voucher in that entitles you to a dozen original glazed donuts. That's 60 donuts for £5.95. You could be the most popular guy in the office if you turned up with any number of donuts between 12 and 60 and it would hardly cost you anything!

This information is useless to me as we don't have a Krispy Kreme anywhere near here.

New Way Of Decay

That's quite a good bargain. I reckon Harley could smush a few pants for less than tenner.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Post some sarcastic reviews then you fucker.

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
oh, no. They're not good.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Are they actually worse than us hitting refresh and getting nothing new?

The time spent reading your reviews would be better spent looking at a screen you'd already seen 20 times? Is that what you're saying?

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good bargain.
However, last week this email was sent to the whole instute I work in...

Dear All

I have approximately 2000 bars of dark chocolate that I don’t need. They were prepared for a clinical trial but didn’t have the level of flavonoids we specified.

Some members of Translational Medicine and Therapeutics have been trying to eat through this chocolate mountain, but even with their best efforts progress has been slow. So if you want some dark chocolate to eat, or for cooking purposes, there is plenty to spare. You will find it outside my office on they second floor. Please help yourselves!!

I went up there with a colleague and there was a 2m square stack of cardboard boxes of chocolate, and a constant stream of people rapidly diminishing it…
The bars are in silver shrink wrapped bags with ‘Test B’ on the label. Like space food!

So we probably dont need any doughnuts.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abby, has it occurred to you that this is actually all part of the test procedure, and your reaction to Chocolate 4BMutagenLevel8 is being monitored even now? I can't believe that, as a scientist you would be so naive.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's Christmas Reseller Bribe Haul of Shame:

• Box of Guylian chocolates (meh)
  • Box of Italian chocolates (mmm)
  • Large box of wafer biscuits (huh?)
  • A basket of almond biscotti (dull)
  • A mousemat with a christmas themed 2009 calendar on it (god)
  • Bottle of Italian vanilla syrup (grr)
  • Packet of Goats' cheese (ffs)
  • Box of weird Korean jelly sweets dusted in cocoa powder (yum)
I mean who would send goate-cheez as a corporate gift?

What gifts has your place of employ been given this year?

[ 16.12.2008, 11:18: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
My employers would never stoop to such underhand methods!

gghhnnnnhhhhhh....

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
What is in the basket??!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to read Dr Benway's sarcastic film reviews. How bad can they be. It's Dr Benway!

Maybe 'It's Dr Benway!' could be the strapline to a kids TV show. Each week an 8 year old contestant comes on, and Benway explains to them using Beckett-like scenarios and imagery, why life is a sham, dreams are destined to be shattered and all you can do is try and ease the pain of being alive, which you won't be able to do anyway. Then he hands them the shotgun-dog-collar from the Saw series and tells them to 'do the decent thing'. If the kid doesn't pull the cord he wins a PS3. I'm just blurting stuff out here. "Could be a TV series!" is almost as lame as 'And then I got off the bus!' as a joke, isn't it?

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I mean who would send goate-cheez as a corporate gift?

Why wouldn't you? I've had cheese as a corporate gift a few times. And been grateful for it.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, so bored. I've resorted to playing I-Spy via email with a colleague.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Cheese is like the second best thing in the world after bacon. I would love to be given some cheese. I won a hamper that included a camembert. Good times.
Thorn Davis

I just saw a headline on IMDB that said "Quaid awarded $750,000 over hospital negligence" and thought 'Huh - he's finally got a settlement for that embollism he suffered during his Mars vacation'. But it turned out to be a story about Dennis Quaid, star of Innerspace.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's goat cheese, not real cheese.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
goat cheese is excellent.
Thorn Davis

Yes. Yes it is.
MiscellaneousFiles

Well this goat cheese is fucking rank. They might as well have sent a nicely packaged collection of their personal knob cheese.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I had cheese last night - halloumi. Has anybody tried this stuff? It's fantastic!

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+