email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Weekend? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Weekend?
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets have some mindless Monday banter about the weekend - how was yours?

Mines been going on for 10 days now - since being made redundant I have been back in the UK for 10 days and have been having a lot of fun - I just seem to keep putting off going back home... although I feel now I *am* home.

Been wonderful drinking great beer, eating outstanding food and meeting up with old friends and family. But the highlight has to be the date I had on Friday with my first ever girlfriend from when I was 10 - she found me on facebook and for the first time in about 25 years we met up - and she is utterly adorable. Date went absolutely fantastic - she's funny, beautiful, adorable - she doesn't swear and she's girly but in a feminine way, and for the last 3 days I have been walking around feeling like a loved up teen and smiling like an idiot. Its a long time since I have felt like this and its feels wonderful. Don't know if there is a future in it - I have not admitted to her that I'm feeling like this and have decided to play it cool, although we have decided to meet again soon - I'm already planning to come back for new year and hope to see her then. We are chatting a lot, and on the date it was like we had been mates for years - no moments of shoegazing or anything like that - we just hit it off perfect. As is she [Smile]

So any advice (Harley need not respond) on how to get this girl would be very much appreciated right now.... I want this girl to be mine!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got to ask yourself,
"How much is this girl worth to me? Really, how much?"
Then take that figure, say it's £10 000 pounds incl. VAT, and add a 20% handling and administration charge to it. That'll take it to £12 000 total. So that's what she's worth - £12 000.
Take that money and arrange to meet her nearest surviving male relative, be that father, uncle or brother, and arrange to pay them that money in exchange for her.
Bear in mind that your estimation of what she's worth may not tally up with theirs, so be prepared to haggle and, indeed, have to raise your offer a bit, but, when it comes to love a trifle such as a bit more money shouldn't get in the way.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McDirts = WIN

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wouldn’t want relationship advice from me, but I will just say that over the weekend as I was helping a friend move house (3.5 hours to drive from Kew to Stoke Newington – super!) we went past a curry shop in Wembley which sells a Six Foot Family Dosa! You could probably do a lot worse than taking here there!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
I was helping a friend move house (3.5 hours to drive from Kew to Stoke Newington – super!)

WTF? It took me less time than that to move from Wimbledon to Oxford.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as you've probably busted through the bitch shield already, I'd recommend winding down the negging campaign if you haven't already. It's now time for either Mystery Man or Cocky and Funny. But it might be too late for Mystery Man (seeing as you've spent a day with her) so it's guns blazing on Cocky and Funny. There are videos on youtube that can help you with this.

Anyway, going back to the real point of the thread, I spent friday night drinking with the frightfest people, then saturday was in woking visiting family, saturday night was drinking with omikin and pals (all other tmoers bailed), yesterday was lying on the sofa playing Fallout 3. Not a bad weekend. Quite standard. Shame about the weather though, eh readers?

[ 15.12.2008, 07:54: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know! It was fucking ridiculous. I passed the time by singing along to the radio, much to the appreciation of my companions.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get to see the weather this weekend as I spent a good 30 hours of it passing liquid through my sphincter. All out, I wasn't forcing liquid up there or anything. I feel your lives have been enriched upong hearing this news.

And it wasn't 30 solid hours, it was sporadically for about 30 hours from the first movement to the last.

Then I made a nice Thai prawn noodle soup.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was down in London this weekend past, visiting some friends. All we did all day Saturday was drink and eat. It was marvellous. Yesterday, headed back to Oxford, a small splash of christmas shopping and then dinner out with Octavia. Simple and classic.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if anybody is worried / wondering, I got the train to Woking, so there weren't any traffic problems. Unless you count the people on the tube who are trapped in some kind of slow motion temporal distortion, rendering their locomotive capabilities severely dampened.

In finsbury park tube, there is a long sloping corridor down from the entrance to where you go down the stairs. It's about a minute walk. In the mornings, You've bus loads of people being dropped off in front of the station. At this time, the corridor turns into an extremely high pressure situation.

It's split down the middle by a dividing metal handrail, to enforce directional flow. Each side is also split by tacit agreement into a fast / slow lane. However, all it take is for one person to walk too slowly and the whole thing falls apart, to the point where people freak out and just break into sprints down the corridor. They'll walk normally before and after the corridor stretch, but the pressure to move quickly just gets to people. The weak crack, and sprint. The trick is, I believe, to walk as fast as you can while maintaining dignity. So, while it may be possible to lean forwards, dig your hands in pockets and take crotch tearingly long strides, you're still 'losing', because you've traded your dignity to try and 'win'. Same with sprinting. To win the game, not only do you have to move quickly, but you have to do so with the outward appearance of minimal effort. Sweating, panting, sprinting, barging are all signs of failure to cope under pressure. Half the people playing aren't even aware of the rules. It's shocking.

Just a heads up there, in case you're thinking of visiting lovely Finsbury Park, maybe for a stroll, or to drop in on one of the many tmoers who call it their home.

[ 15.12.2008, 09:09: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I was down in London this weekend past, visiting some friends. All we did all day Saturday was drink and eat. It was marvellous. Yesterday, headed back to Oxford, a small splash of christmas shopping and then dinner out with Octavia. Simple and classic.

Ah, sorry, I must have missed your call [Frown]
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was obviously the weekend to be in London.
mart
By which I mean that I was there too.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
By which I mean that I was there too.

I've heard your staggeringly drunk sommelier act wasn't that big a hit though, Mart.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saturday went to some sceney christmas bash that was a lot of drunken fun. dennis pennis's band rocked our world. sunday saw slumdog millionaire which was very very good.
mart
but at least i found my green pants

giant pants

[ 15.12.2008, 09:39: Message edited by: mart ]

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was here too. But then I usually am. I missed your call, Mart. But that's OK. I was busy.

Friday: work xmas do

Saturday: racing about buying christmas tree and decorations, going to Sainsbury's, avoiding killing its inhabitants, cleaning and tidying house, erecting tree and dangling stuff off it, weaving fairy lights through shelves. All in aid of:

Sunday: Xmas party, involving everyone bringing a dish, 'bran tub' present under said tree, boistrous 7-year-old twins, wobbly coffee table, glasses of red wine, new edition of Roger's Profanisaurus, the Magna Farta, and plenty of M&S extremely chocolatey rings.

McDirts
TMO Member
London was nowhere this week. I was in Dorset. Fiday night in Weymouth with friends, then on to Plush for a circular walk followed by Dinner and lodgings at The Brace of Pheasents. Further walking in freezing fog on Sunday, followed by a delightful, and I mean delightful, carvery at The Fox in Anstey.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
on to Plush for a circular walk followed by Dinner and lodgings at The Brace of Pheasents.

Brace of Pheasants does an amazing game pie. Obviously not at all times, sometimes they don't serve that, but when it is on, it is a great pie.

They also used to have an amazing adventure playground at the back of the garden, but last time I went, that had been torn down which was disappointing. Good hills around there though. Very good hills.

[ 15.12.2008, 09:45: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

mart
Yeah.
Kanye West
TMO Member
mart you left a tescos bag with a towel in it round mine. Do you need it back, or shall I hang onto it?
McDirts
TMO Member
They didn't have Game Pie on the Menu when I was there. A shame as I would've inhaled it in an instant. Those hills though. Made me wish I still had both lungs....
Thorn Davis

I've just bid £10 for a DVD rip of Vanilla Ice's 1991 move Cool as Ice. In retrospect this may have been a bit reckless. I had the idea of everyone gathering round the TV to watch it on New Year's Day. Now I think about it though, they'll probably want watch something that's good in a more conventional sense.

[ 15.12.2008, 10:43: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
Ah, sorry, I must have missed your call [Frown]

You'd have loved it. Three middle class couples round a table in a three bedroom house in East Dulwich. Discussions as to whether each dish was from Ramsay, or Nigella or Hugh. At 7.00 the TV went on so people could watch the X-Factor final. Suggesting open a bottle of wine only for half the room to announce 'actually, I might switch to water'. It really was the kind of thing you'd have loved.
mart
I was in East Dulwich as well!
Thorn Davis

Were you on St Francis Road?
mart
Sadly no. I was just off Lordship Lane.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I gather that the x-factor is quite popular. I presumed it was some kind of collective sarcastic joke, and then it turned out no, actually, everybody is watching it. Disappointed.
Thorn Davis

If it helps, I'd never watched it before. It just went on because a couple of girls there had been following it. Because women are fucking stupid.
mart
Yeah. We sloped off to the pub when the ladies switched the telly on.
McDirts
TMO Member
so, who has got the 'X' factor then? Who won? Was it John Sargent?
Thorn Davis

No, it was a black female singer with a big voice. Doubtless the world of music will be turned upside down by her arrival.
Kanye West
TMO Member
the end result was anybody who watched it or voted in it have lost.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Yeah. We sloped off to the pub when the ladies switched the telly on.

Did you go to The Bishop? We had breakfast there on Saturday.
McDirts
TMO Member
this website's going to hell in a handcart.

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+