email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Weekend? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Weekend?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
the end result was anybody who watched it or voted in it have lost.

The worst part was this weird moment weher they gathered together all the people who'd been really horribly ridiculed for being shit, or ugly, or disabled, or old, and had them all sing a song in this digusting Victorian freakshow way. I know the whole program is basically... that, but it was the degree to which it was made explicit that was genuinely distressing.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to the Bishop, yes, and it was awful. Full of trendy London wankers trying to out London each other.

We'd spent the day helping friends move house from Plumstead to East Dulwich, so we were all a bit scruffy and knackered and had spent the day driving round in a white van and being ladlike. All we wanted was a quiet place to have a pint and chat bollocks.

So we ditched the Bishop and went to the Clockworks, which was much, much better.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, Benway wouldn't have been completely out of sorts at this party - we did play some computer games. After the first round of X-Factor, in the hour before the final, someone said "Hey, you know what? Why don't we play our own X-Factor?" So Singstar went on the PS2.
Thorn Davis

Also, by 'someone' I mean me.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
We went to the Bishop, yes, and it was awful. Full of trendy London wankers trying to out London each other.

Sorry about that.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‘Cool as Ice’ is amazing. That is £10 well spent, and if your friends/family try to tell you otherwise on New Year’s Day then I suggest you get some different ones.

When I watched it I did at one point become genuinely distressed and consumed with feelings of regret for my wasted youth, as I realized that it was probably too late for me to learn to breakdance.

Thorn Davis

Check out 1:51 for Vanilla's amazing 'covered in bees' dance routine.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh yeeeah.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did a white man get to be so funky?
McDirts
TMO Member
2:15 onwards he starts getting a bit fruity in his lyric. I notice -

"Proceed with caution, I'm like a blaze
That's roared for days
All the gays are amazed
Dazed by the force that they just witnessed"

He's a free swinging chap ol' Vanilla, anything went in his highly sexed late 80's pleasure dome.

McDirts
TMO Member
although I predict a great future to the young lady singing at the start. What a smashing voice she has, plus with her looks she could be a Nuts Bedroom Babe or maybe even get into FHM.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the Vanilla Ice Album, and my favourite lyrics were those to Stop That Train'. The whole song is about how he accidentally ends up being buggered during a bondage session that goes wrong:

quote:

The room was destroyed, not to mention my body
Why did I ever tell her to "Pump it, Hottie?"
What could I do to just ease the pain?
I think I'll let the hook just try to explain

Oh, Ice!

[ 15.12.2008, 12:23: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Thorn Davis

I had that album and for a long while I had no idea what that song was about. Or most of the songs for that matter. It doesn't help that Ice is quite a poor story teller, and it's often difficult to gather what he's talking about. In Stop That Train, he refers to "the one who got me, the I-C-E', but it's unclear whether he means the one whipping him, or some other chick who broke his heart. I never really figured out what happened at the end of Ice, Ice Baby. So far as I can tell, a gun fight breaks out at A1A beachfront avenue and Ice cowers in the footwell of his car, clutching a gun, and then drives away at the earliest opportunity while the police ignore him and take care of the villains.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I gather that the x-factor is quite popular. I presumed it was some kind of collective sarcastic joke, and then it turned out no, actually, everybody is watching it. Disappointed.

I was just leaving the office and some of the girls were having a conversation about this. One of them said "Well, obviously they wanted the girl to win, as they'd obviously written the song for a woman's voice". And the other fucking twat agreed with her.

Fucking idiots.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it's not a great hip hop 'back in the day' story. I was in my car, some drug dealers started fighting with cops, so I drove off. It doesn't sound like he's the man to trust to solve a problem at all.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I know you just said that, but it was a strong enough point to be repeated.
McDirts
TMO Member
Vanilla Ice does not, and indeed never did "cower".

Unless it involved some kind of Homo-erotic S&M fetishism and he was playing the submissive role.

Kanye West
TMO Member
lol, do you remember the A-Team. Classic. I ain't getting on no plane, fool. lol. Also, nobody ever died! Even though there was all that shooting.
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol, I used to love Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but you watch it now and it's rubbish!
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol, adverts from the 80s.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm done now. Thanks for sticking with that one.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking of the 80s, don't you often think about the film Robocop and think "Meh, it's good, but it would be so much better it it was condensed to 10 minutes and had a Welsh guy rapping the narrative of it"

Well, your dream has come true!

McDirts
TMO Member
whatever happened to Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh prince?
Kanye West
TMO Member
that's not true about Fresh Prince. I'm just about the same age as Tatyana Ali, and I feel like she was one of those friends who you grow up with as kids, play together, and then one day they put on a new dress that shows a bit of skin, and you totally want to bone them to death. Like having a sister, I imagine.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
that's not true about Fresh Prince. I'm just about the same age as Tatyana Ali, and I feel like she was one of those friends who you grow up with as kids, play together, and then one day they put on a new dress that shows a bit of skin, and you totally want to bone them to death. Like having a sister, I imagine.

That's absolutely nothing like having a sister.
Kanye West
TMO Member
bit defensive there, CiH.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Sorry, I really don't want to bone my sister.

It's probably more like one of your friends having a sister.

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
whatever happened to Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh prince?

I shook Jazzy Jeff's hand once at The End. I doubt he remembers.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I do recall wanting to bone my friends' sisters when I was a teenager. All of them. Preferably in a situation where I come home from school and they're all inexplicably naked in the living room. Yeah I thought about that a lot.

[ 15.12.2008, 12:58: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
maybe I should get on facebook. Try and make this happen.
Thorn Davis

quote:
I shook Jazzy Jeff's hand once at The End. I doubt he remembers.

Not true - he brings it up all the time. Apparently he persuaded Will Smith to front the money for you to direct a film, but they were trying to get hold of you with an old mobile number that had expired. I was going to mention it and then I decided not to.

[ 15.12.2008, 13:00: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
tch. Typical. Life shits on my face again.
McDirts
TMO Member
Do you think Jazzy Jeff Wwanted to bone the Fresh Prince's SISTER? No way would the Fresh Prince have stood for that, no way, HE'D BE ALL UP IN jAzzy Jeff's grill and he'd be all like "Girls ain't nuthin' but trouble yo!"
and then he would've sold her for a couple of rocks. The Fresh Prince was a terrible, terrible crack head in those days, that's why his Moms shipped him out to Bell Air.

Kanye West
TMO Member
which makes his transformation at the hands of Uncle Phil even more amazing. btw, what was it with working class black males going to beverley hills in the eighties? Beverly Hills Cop was pretty much the same thing. Was there some law passed that legalised this in the early eighties?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just lost the game.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+