Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Cheer us up, eh (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Cheer us up, eh
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 2@:
fuckstick.

Fuckstick?

Time to roll out the big guns...

--------------------
sweet

2@
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for 2@           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
However what you do is what 2@ said - accept the fact that it's not for you and leave. Don't laze about and wait to be kicked out. And don't prattle on about it afterwards like it were some major achievement.

Indeed.

Hang on, aren't you the guy that this lot don't like?

By agreeing with you, I must be wrong. Shame, that.

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by My Name Is Joe:
And so begins another assault on Samuel Norton, whipping boy of The Moon Online. I get the impression that there is so much saccharin 'bestest mates' sweetness in this place now that everyone is constantly itching to cut loose on someone, and SN presents a perfect target. Everybody hates him anyway, so who cares if you call him a wanker? Attack anyone else however, and the ranks close, one for all and all for one.

Well, you know, well done for giving succour to Snorton's delusional self-image as some sort of persecuted maverick. Meat and drink to him, your post is.

To address each of your points:

1. If you think tmo is all saccharine sweetness and light you clearly haven't been paying attention, MINJ. When I come down to London, if I want to meet up with folk for little intimeats there are at least three sets of people I know don't mix and wouldn't want to be in the same bar as one another. I therefore have to meet each clique individually - like some sort of character from Allo Allo or some shit like that. Peace? Harmony? You decide.

2. Just because Snorton annoys a lot of people - does that mean he should be allowed to post with impunity? No - of course not.

3. Fionnula is a fine writer, if lacking in focus. Part of his writing is the persona that comes with it - if his departure from university leads to nothing more than him piddling that talent away it'd be a tragedy. As Louche says, you're probably confusing him with JhnoJ.

Astromariner
Going the right way for a smacked bottom
 - posted      Profile for Astromariner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everybody hates him anyway, so who cares if you call him a wanker? Attack anyone else however, and the ranks close, one for all and all for one.

For one thing, Fionnula wasn't whingeing. For another, people have scraps on here all the time without the pack response that you describe, to the extent that I'm struggling to recall even one example to back up your all-for-one scenario.

Snorton's jibes at Fionnula plumbed new depths in odiousness even by his own standards. I can't usually be bothered to respond to his posts; equally, I tend not to get involved in any TMO swedges nowadays. Surely though, if after no provocation whatsoever someone tells another person to jump off a bridge so as not to waste oxygen, they should expect to get told to fuck off at least once.

[ 14.09.2004, 10:53: Message edited by: Astromariner ]

2@
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
talent

Yeah. Like fuck.

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

ben

You are a bore.
2@
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
god help us 2@ is mostly correct,

OI!

[Frown]

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
Originally posted by 2@:
fuckstick.

Fuckstick?

Time to roll out the big guns...

Willy sniffer?
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 2@:
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
I think both Twats (2@ and Snorton) have valid points (If it's not for you, have the balls to leave/Other people may have wanted what you're rejecting, etc) it's a shame they have to couch them in such an offensive manner.

Yeah, apologies for feeling strongly about this one, and letting off steam. Damn me for not doing it with more acerbic cool, as if, you know, I didn't really care.
Oh, but I do care, and I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post.

My issue with the tone of your post is that by being so aggressive in making your points you make them that bit less likely to be either listened to or taken on board.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

2@
TMO Member
quote:
You are a bore.

And you're ugly. I don't hold it against you, fishface.

[Smile]

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

ben

quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
Please elaborate.

Indeed I will not. It's my taxpayer's money you pissed up a wall for three years - I would say it's you who owes me an explanation as to exactly what I got for my money, in your case?
2@
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
Oh, but I do care, and I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post.

My issue with the tone of your post is that by being so aggressive in making your points you make them that bit less likely to be either listened to or taken on board.

A fair point, but I simply saw red. I've met so many university drop outs who think that their complete failure (and it is complete failure, be it behavioral or academic) is somehow either a) not their fault, or, b) (and this is worse) somehow an achievement. Sorry for getting so cross about it.

Actually, I'm not sorry at all. These people are fucking scum.

[ 14.09.2004, 11:05: Message edited by: 2@ ]

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

My Name Is Joe
That's Mister Minge to you..
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post 
Snorton has some extremely dubious views, no-one is denying that, and he can be needlessly cruel and thoughtless.

That's not really the point, however. I think people say things to him that they wouldn't say to anyone else who posts. I think they feel free to be crassly insulting because they believe no-one will call them on it, except SN himself, and who cares about that? I don't think that's healthy.

As for FtC, I'm not mixing him up with JohnJ. I find his 'stream of consciousness angst' style to be meandering, overly introspective and 'whinging' (which is what I meant Astro, not that he was whinging specifically on this thread.) I think people act like he's a great writer because they think he's trying to be a great writer, and they want to encourage him.

Finally, I am intrigued to know who these people who won't be in the same bar as each other are...they don't talk about their problems on the board, you see.

ben

quote:
That's not really the point, however. I think people say things to him that they wouldn't say to anyone else who posts. I think they feel free to be crassly insulting because they believe no-one will call them on it, except SN himself, and who cares about that? I don't think that's healthy.

Or... maybe no one else is as much as a twat as Snorton?

In fairness, Kovacs gets it in the neck whenever he has one of his fits. Practically everyone jumps on him. Except for suckers like me who are loyal to him through thick and thin.

[ 14.09.2004, 11:10: Message edited by: ben ]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand why some people are affronted by Fionnula's admission that he got kicked out of uni for simply not attending, but I can also understand that university isn't for everyone, and we all make mistakes, especially when young and still trying to figure what to do with our lives.

Purely out of interest 2@, how is that you think you have any idea whether Fionnula is talented or not? He posts on here almost as infrequently as me, and someone's posts on a bulletin board hardly constitute a rounded example of their abilities do they? Labelling someone as talentless when you don't know them from Adam is hollow, mean-spirited and frankly rather pathetic.

Telling someone to jump off a bridge, or stop being an oxygen thief on the other hand, just makes the teller a prize c*nt who'd do the world a great service simply by following their own advice.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread hasn't cheered me up at all [Frown]

--------------------
uberwench

Black Mask

quote:
Kovacs gets it in the neck whenever he has one of his fits. Practically everyone jumps on him. Except for suckers like me who are loyal to him through thick and thin.

And that's why we love you, you big dribbling moron you.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
This thread hasn't cheered me up at all [Frown]

Willy sniffer.

--------------------
sweet

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
In actual FACT to countermand rumour, the baby-pikey-baby thread involved Snorton getting a fair hearing and a fair response and Darryn and Ringo getting a bit jumped on. Therefore thoroughly and in a single fell swoop dispelling all the 'poor snorton' arguments and making a case for a Ringo-support club. Which is not hotornot.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fairness, Kovacs gets it in the neck whenever he has one of his fits.

And me, don't forget me, I get loads of stick.
My Name Is Joe
That's Mister Minge to you..
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
quote:
In fairness, Kovacs gets it in the neck whenever he has one of his fits.

And me, don't forget me, I get loads of stick.
People argue with you Ringo, they never tell you just fuck off and never come back. They never call you an idiot, wanker or imply that you're a 'mistake'.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I get loads of stick.

Yeah, but your new choice of car might attract women this time.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Willy sniffer.

That's not true anymore, I went on a Louche-funded programme and they helped me to give up. Now I've only got the Tippex left to help me through the dark days.

--------------------
uberwench

Black Mask

My Name Is Jew

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

quote:
People argue with you Ringo, they never tell you just fuck off and never come back. They never call you an idiot, wanker or imply that you're a 'mistake'.

That's true. TMO = nicer to me than my parents
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly don't want to be seen as biased in any way or form and will endeavour to have a pop at a fair and balanced selection of other people in the near future. And can I just say thanks to those who have had a go at me recently as well. You're obviously very fair minded and even handed types as well as being raving cheese-tasters. And anyone that's been nice to me recently... fuck off you fascists!
2@
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
Purely out of interest 2@, how is that you think you have any idea whether Fionnula is talented or not? He posts on here almost as infrequently as me, and someone's posts on a bulletin board hardly constitute a rounded example of their abilities do they? Labelling someone as talentless when you don't know them from Adam is hollow, mean-spirited and frankly rather pathetic.

Just because I rarely post, don't mean I can't read, Physic. I think Finonoooh-la's prose (such as he's posted) is self-indulgent, self-conscious, pretentious and meandering, frankly.

It's the only measure by which to evaluate him - those weak-minded fools on here proclaiming him as the next Jack Kerouac or similar have as little evidence of his 'skillz' as I do to go on when I say that my dribbling cock could write better copy than this chancer.

[ 14.09.2004, 11:33: Message edited by: 2@ ]

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

Astromariner
Going the right way for a smacked bottom
 - posted      Profile for Astromariner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

If it helps, I've been just as rude to at least two or three other TMO forites as I have to snorton.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Samuelnorton has proved he is all three of these things on numerous occasions.

Why are we even talking about him? Every post mentioning his name is like giving a spoilt, hyperactive, attenion-seeking child extra encouragement to show off at a family party.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They never call you an idiot, wanker or imply that you're a 'mistake'.

It's probably worth pointing out that I don't recall anyone ever (not in jest) being called an idiot, wanker or a mistake by Ringo. Snorton does make these kinds of comments. He told Fionnula to jump off a bridge. I realise 'an eye for an eye' is one of the most dubious pieces of argumentative ground a left leaning wet woolly liberal can be on, but there's an element of 'if you can dish it out you ought to be able to take it' on here which I don't think is usually a bad thing.

Dish it out and expect similar in return. Be wet and woolly and get Scrawny defending you to the death if you're attacked. Seems to have been the case so far.

[ 14.09.2004, 11:36: Message edited by: Louche ]

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Yeah, but your new choice of car might attract women this time.

It's all about the Yaris, man.
2@
TMO Member
I'm sure Norton can take care of himself, without needing you bunch of net nannies protecting his interests. If he dishes it out, I'm fairly sure he can take it.

I mean Jesus. Look at you. Squabbling like a bunch of old women over whether you should be nice or not. It would be tragic if it weren't so laughable.

[ 14.09.2004, 11:37: Message edited by: 2@ ]

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's all about Y' ars(e), man.

What has that Puma done to you?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They never call you an idiot, wanker or imply that you're a 'mistake'.

Should I be ashamed of myself?

I get loads of shit too. Later this month I'm gonna resurrect my book the thread and really piss off gail. but so what? if you are gonna say or do things to get a rise out of people, you can't really complain. although of course he will, in his own smug self-fulfilling prophesy way. are you smiling, rick? look what you made! marytrboy did a little poop!

2@
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Astromariner:
If it helps, I've been just as rude to at least two or three other TMO forites as I have to snorton.

And I'm sure they were so distraught, they needed counselling afterwards, dear.

--------------------
Spirito di Munto

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+