Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Feel Free To Piss On The Mimes (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Feel Free To Piss On The Mimes
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
On my walk to work this morning I saw a thing that made me laugh, bitter and contemptuous laughter, granted, but laughter nonetheless.
I was walking through Westminster when I approached a man standing next to his car. It was a silver VW Golf, the man, in his late twenties or early thirties, had obviously just emerged from the car. He made a big show of yawning, he tousled his hair. He straightened his suit jacket and turned up the crisp white cotton collar of his shirt. From the interior of his car he produced a dark blue silk tie, which he ostentatiously began knotting around his throat. His little mime was accompanied by the 'music' of Sting pouring from his car at extremely high volume. I winced as I walked towards him, as I drew level with him the bitter and contemptuous laugh coud not be stifled. He'd caught my eye and given me a rare and very superior smirk.
I was simultaneously elated, depressed and angered by my exposure to this little tableau. I thought I should share it with you.

I don't know where we're going to go with this one. If anyone can identify the DNA of a thread in anything written above, and is prepared to nurture it to fruition, then God bless you.

Thank you for your time.

[ 10.11.2005, 05:00: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

--------------------
sweet

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I don't know if it's of any relevance but I was barely able to suppress laughter at a woman at Lewisham train station on Saturday who clearly fancied herself something chronic but whose appearance could best be described as bizarre cross between Tom Cruise as The Vampire Lestat and a clown. Her boots were a particularly interesting blend of (massive) pixie and cowboy, and she had on a bolero jacket and a look of haughty self-satisfaction.

[ 10.11.2005, 04:47: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
I drove past a natty looking business man this morning, suited and booted and on his way to work...

The only thing that spoiled this vision of corporate success was his umbrella....

Emblazoned across his umbrella red on a blue were the words...

Brolly Dolly

Only one question to that??

Why?

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting, the mime's people play out - almost as though there is some nurtured concept of being on video at all times, of being just a chance meeting away from being discovered, and so it seems many people act in life as though they are in film, grand gestures, attempts to draw attention just so that they are being watched. Like the grand mime of making sure that people around you realise that if you have to turn around and walk back in yourself you are not some kind of cretinous simpleton that walks back and forth on the same bit of road all day, but that there is a reason for your walk back.

I crave simpler days, days when people broke into a short run to try and hide the fact that they had almost tripped over.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kira:
I drove past a natty looking business man this morning, suited and booted and on his way to work...

The only thing that spoiled this vision of corporate success was his umbrella....

Emblazoned across his umbrella red on a blue were the words...

Brolly Dolly

Only one question to that??

Why?

Ahem, he was a gay.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes find myself doing 'sideways glance' model poses when out in public. [Frown]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Darryn,

I admit I hadnt thought of that myself...

Doh I think I really should go back to bed...

shame I'm already at work...

Bill Oddie
Derka derka derka, Muhammad Jihad
 - posted      Profile for Bill Oddie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by B the B :-
I crave simpler days, days when people broke into a short run to try and hide the fact that they had almost tripped over.

Ah, street slapstick is great. I enjoy people running for busses or trains and just missing them. I like to ease their embarassment by laughing like a drainpipe and shouting w@nker at them.

I once saw a man in a hurry rushing down a large flight of stairs at a train station. Halfway down he stared flapping at his pockets and sqealing like a pig. Turns out he had a packet of Swan vestas in his pocket which had ingnited as he ran.

--------------------
What's rude about a body?

Astromariner
Going the right way for a smacked bottom
 - posted      Profile for Astromariner           Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes on the train, if I'm reading a book I think other people would be impressed by, I might tilt it upwards slightly so that the title is visible. I might also affect an expression of intelligent concentration, which seems to involve frowning a lot.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
But when it is a shameful book you hsve to try and get it out your bag and open it without anyone seeing the front...

Last night I was privileged to witness a (male) friend of mine give a (female) friend a birthday lapdance which ended with him wearing large granny pants, fluffy cow socks and a tweed cap, while everyone else sang Eye of the Tiger on the Karaoke machine. On a school night...I feel rubbish today...

Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by Astromariner:
Sometimes on the train, if I'm reading a book I think other people would be impressed by, I might tilt it upwards slightly so that the title is visible. I might also affect an expression of intelligent concentration, which seems to involve frowning a lot.

you probably look like you hate the book that you are reading, and want everybody to see how much you dislike it.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Astromariner
Going the right way for a smacked bottom
 - posted      Profile for Astromariner           Edit/Delete Post 
that would be even better though, because then I would look like a person with very shrewd, discerning literary tastes, I expect.
Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Last night I was privileged to witness a (male) friend of mine give a (female) friend a birthday lapdance which ended with him wearing large granny pants, fluffy cow socks and a tweed cap, while everyone else sang Eye of the Tiger on the Karaoke machine. On a school night...I feel rubbish today...

I have always wanted to have a pop at a lap-dance, only the fear of laughter and shame have stopped me. How does one learn how to do this sort of thing?
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
There are plenty of Lap Dancing classes now available - most of them seem to take place in Old Street area of London, but I'm sure a search will bring up some results - from what I've heard the majority of them are good work outs with just the ladies present, so that men aren't peering at you/putting you off until you chose to grace someone with a display.

--------------------

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
thats bluddy sexist.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
Yeah, but it relates to a story I heard from someone who went to a class, and said that they turned up at a pub, where a section had been set aside, and kept catching men from the pub in the corner of her eye just standing there watching with dead cod-eyes and a glass of half and half in their claw like hands. It put her off, apparently

--------------------

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Astromariner:
Sometimes on the train, if I'm reading a book I think other people would be impressed by, I might tilt it upwards slightly so that the title is visible.

I wish everyone did that, I always want to see what other people are reading so if I can't see a title tend to watch, stalkerlike, in case they tilt the book up when they turn a page or something. I don't know what I think I'm going to do with the information that they, too, are reading The Name Of The Rose, but it always seems to matter at the time.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Another amusing pastime is to glance at the pages of the book they are reading and see if you recognise it.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
Hmm, I don't know if it's of any relevance but I was barely able to suppress laughter at a woman at Lewisham train station on Saturday who clearly fancied herself something chronic but whose appearance could best be described as bizarre cross between Tom Cruise as The Vampire Lestat and a clown. Her boots were a particularly interesting blend of (massive) pixie and cowboy, and she had on a bolero jacket and a look of haughty self-satisfaction.

I think I'm in love
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
I find myself ostentatiously air-drumming on the steering wheel or chair dancing whilst stuck in traffic when I think the track that I am listening to is cool and trendy and that therefore I must be seen to be cool and trendy by association.

I also do that thing when driving and listening to similarly "cool" CDs, where I have the window down and the music blasting as I crawl up Whiteladies road (home to most of the bars in Bristol), especially in the summer when the windows are all open or people are sitting outside. I'm so ashamed.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Dr. Benway

You should go to a Max Power cruise if you like that kind of thing, h1ppy.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post 
VP: and then spoil the ending for them if you've read and hated it? Like the new tag by the way...
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Yeah benway, I would totally rule in my "King of the Road" Mazda6 2.3 Sport. I'm just so cool.

--------------------

Dr. Benway

that's probably a pretty good motor compared to what most people take along. I'd imagine that 2.3 would make it one of the bigger engines.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah you'd definitely have one of the fastest cars there. You should probably put some stickers and things on it though otherwise people might not believe it's actually fast.

You should also get some hotpants and pink legwarmers if you really want to be accepted.

Dr. Benway

boobs out as well, fo sho.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Could lez it up a bit too. Awkwardly like, as if you're really not enjoying it, with a few ginger glances over at the leering male audience, with a look on your face that just shouts "When did I become such a whore?"
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Sounds like my Saturday night - I'm having drunken flashbacks. (for avoidance of doubt: notreeeeely)

--------------------

Dr. Benway

is this what top TMO forumite "imnotthatclever" was talking about in his/her post about people ruining threads? If so, it's clear who the culprit is in this case.

[ 10.11.2005, 08:36: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post 
when i was working at the cafe in bristol zoo last saturday afternoon (something i wholehearetedly vow NEVER to do again, as i still fully intend to have children at some point in time and much more than a ten minute period in such a place acts as a contraceptive about 17 times more effective than the mirena intrauterine device) i heard a yummy clifton mummy shouting this at her child:

please dont throw your porridge on the floor, toby! its organic!

it is very difficult to convincingly hide a laugh by pretending to cough when you are holiding a j-cloth and a bottle of sanitiser.

[ 10.11.2005, 10:12: Message edited by: discodamage ]

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

Dr. Benway

lolol! Toby.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
actually can i change that to milo? ive just remembered i have some very nice friends who called their little boy toby, and they are not hateful or yummy mummyish in any way.

--------------------

Dr. Benway

Toby [Big Grin]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
youre being silly now steven.

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
I know a guy called Toby. He is a grade A mentalist. Everyone calls him Mad-Toby, and not in a good way.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+