Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Old Year, Old You!1 (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Old Year, Old You!1
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I used to live there up until i moved about three years ago & now live in Bow. There are no decent pubs, clubs, food shops and the whole place is a shite hole! Chrisp street market is run down with vary few decent shops (except steves the cheapo place, woolworths, boots and that gino the jewllers stall in the archades!) At night its full of mouthy tearaway teens with there 'vicky pollard - little brittan' type girlfriends.
The HARCA have taken over most of the houses and 'renovated' them into box rooms which rental wise cost the bomb for what they are. Its not a good place to bring up your children, no decent schools (Langdon park being full of mothers or drug dealers!!!) and no nice facilities - Theres barlette park but theres no footie pitch, or swings. just green. Everyone that lives in poplar coucil estates are typal 'common lizzie wife swap wannabes' who never work but churn out the kids nine to teh dozen. POPLAR NOT RECCOMMENDED AT ALL!

quote:
You are the most insulting a***hole I have ever come across. Do you honestly think you're any better than those that live in Poplar, just because you've moved, I hasten to add, two miles down the chuffing road!?? Don't make me laugh. Perhaps if you got off you're lazy backside, stop watching stupid TV programmes (coz that's where you seem to have acquired your education), you might find that it's actually ignorant people like you who have made Poplar the way it is. Is your name Chelsea or Britney by any chance??
quote:
polar is no good,theirs no humanity,no respect for others and totall apathy.bye
quote:
Poplar sounds right up your street judging by the spelling, grammar and content of your e-mail.
quote:
I like living in poplar because it is keeping it real. You can get a decent curry, there is a trendy pub, a queen vic eastenders pub and a fighting pub. But you can easily get to places like Canary Wharf and the city or some trendy place in Shoreditch that pretends to be earthy but isn't though poplar is.

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Homotown was horrible when we first moved here after Dalston got too expensive, but now everyone* is moving here. I reckon Poplar is on the up. It's near Limehouse, which is near Whitechapel, which is near Brick Lane... I mean... well, whatever, it is not as though I like going out that much anymore anyway. I've got laminate floors to sob on, you know.

*1 person I know plus a few random hipsters

vikram

sorry.

there's a good multiplex cinema nearby, decent eating (i had dinner at a great italian restaurant near westferry dlr recently), and it's convenient for greenwich and the docklands, shoreditch and the city.

http://www.mydocklands.co.uk/

vikram

quote:
Originally posted by London:
I've got laminate floors to sob on, you know.

I'll explore the area with you. After dark, only the CCTV'd Docklands obviously. I like the Docklands. Windy and a bit sci-fi.
vikram

Walking anywhere around there is a pain, cuz it's all cut the up with roads and new developments. That an the hordes of hooded youth. You end up taking the DLR, which is fine as the DLR is free.
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that picture above is what I meant by the "haggard bones of Winter", Vikram. Indeed she is the White Witch to Emma Watson's "Susan Pevensie", to stretch the comparison.

H-hold on! Doesn't the above exchange with Samuelnorton mean that I am an entity? That I am on The List of Names? That I "exist" for him?

Peering through a powerful telescope and making use of my "TMO Map" I quickly find Rick's dwelling. Yes... that window mounted with a WW2 sniper rifle, stencilled with the legend "Der Schwarze Teufel". You see how it is aimed at the bus shelter below, in case a young black man dares to "loiter". Over Rick's thin shoulder, I decipher the Gothic penmanship: yes, this must be me.

"Kovacs, a valued Freund and ally!"

My heart lifts, perhaps I have been too hard on the fellow. But this line, lovingly scribed in illuminated text with does, doves etc dancing about the letters, has been harshly crossed out and beneath it are these words

"Professor Paedo... DO NOT TRUST HIM, NB if this traitor turns on you, bring out the 'teenage actresses' ploy, it still works now as it did in 2002! Heh! Heh." Well they say beggars can't be choosers, it is better than nothing I suppose.

Below that entry, an indented afterthought: "'Modge': one of Prof Paedo's false names, no woman could be so clever." Hem hem I don't know whether to shake his hand or slap his head, what do you think readers, his mind is too nefarious for me fully to grasp.

--------------------
member #28

vikram

years ago I rode the DLR all the way to Beckton, just to see what was out there. I sat at the front and pretended to drive the train.

it must have changed a lot - crappy unimaginative housing developments, retail parks, glass box office complexes.

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
"Professor Paedo... DO NOT TRUST HIM, NB if this traitor turns on you, bring out the 'teenage actresses' ploy, it still works now as it did in 2002! Heh! Heh." Well they say beggars can't be choosers, it is better than nothing I suppose.

You miss the point yet again. My 'targeting' you has nothing to do with anything you may have to say on the young Miss Watson, but rather your exchanges with teenage girls in online chatrooms - some of which you have shared on here - and comments referring to the supposed 'lickability' of underage female genitalia.

Your attempts to portray me as some sniper targeting an innocent simply doesn't wash.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Niffer
Een beetje vreemd, maar wel lekker!
 - posted      Profile for Niffer           Edit/Delete Post 
E9 rocks. Poplar, Poplar less so I'm afraid. Although Mem Shaib does great curry with top views. And it's on a boat.

Oh, and a pub called the Greenwich Pensioner. That rocks too. There's also a really nice proper East end boozer. But I'm selfish. I'm not sharing that one.

--------------------
Seek help, possibly medication.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
quote:
I used to live there up until i moved about three years ago & now live in Bow. There are no decent pubs, clubs, food shops and the whole place is a shite hole! Chrisp street market is run down with vary few decent shops (except steves the cheapo place, woolworths, boots and that gino the jewllers stall in the archades!) At night its full of mouthy tearaway teens with there 'vicky pollard - little brittan' type girlfriends.
The HARCA have taken over most of the houses and 'renovated' them into box rooms which rental wise cost the bomb for what they are. Its not a good place to bring up your children, no decent schools (Langdon park being full of mothers or drug dealers!!!) and no nice facilities - Theres barlette park but theres no footie pitch, or swings. just green. Everyone that lives in poplar coucil estates are typal 'common lizzie wife swap wannabes' who never work but churn out the kids nine to teh dozen. POPLAR NOT RECCOMMENDED AT ALL!

quote:
You are the most insulting a***hole I have ever come across. Do you honestly think you're any better than those that live in Poplar, just because you've moved, I hasten to add, two miles down the chuffing road!?? Don't make me laugh. Perhaps if you got off you're lazy backside, stop watching stupid TV programmes (coz that's where you seem to have acquired your education), you might find that it's actually ignorant people like you who have made Poplar the way it is. Is your name Chelsea or Britney by any chance??
quote:
polar is no good,theirs no humanity,no respect for others and totall apathy.bye
quote:
Poplar sounds right up your street judging by the spelling, grammar and content of your e-mail.
quote:
I like living in poplar because it is keeping it real. You can get a decent curry, there is a trendy pub, a queen vic eastenders pub and a fighting pub. But you can easily get to places like Canary Wharf and the city or some trendy place in Shoreditch that pretends to be earthy but isn't though poplar is.

Man, I'm glad I never go further east than Liverpool St.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Niffer
So am I.

--------------------

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Greenwich Pensioner is near! I shall check it out, thanks for the recommendation. Also, is there a sports centre nearby, preferably with lots of ace step aerobics and some yoga? After the sobbing, I shall go and unpretzel myself in the gym. And, someone told me this great plan with which I can lure unsuspecting people back to my house: become a friend of the Whitechapel, invite friends to private views there, get them nice and wasted, and then slip them in a taxi to mine. Hey presto.
Niffer
There's a place on Poplar High Street called "Workhouse". Something like that anyway. I have no idea what it's like although if you're willing to travel then I can recommend Bodywise on the Roman Road.

Also the new Mile End fitness centre should be open soon. And the D6 (I think) runs past it.

Do not overlook Crispin Street market and the fact that you're close enough to the A12 to get the bus to Greenwich.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+