Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Fucking Prick. (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Fucking Prick.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely enough, that's the second time I've seen that hello kitty graphic today. Which might go some way toward illustrating what a strange day it's been so far, and it's not even lunchtime yet.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone's gone home Froop.
mart
Haven't they.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
No.

I have, however, just been head-hunted for another job! Buses, etc. Don't think I want it, too PR-y, but it's lovely to be asked. I would have been an 'assistant director'!

mart
crikey herbs. soon you will rule the world!
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Must be flattering to get the offer.

On a related side note: is anyone else here on LinkedIn? Who might want to join my network? To help me get a better job? Hmm?

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
my sister was on this morning this morning arguing with carole malone about cycling! did anyone see it? i would like to know the answer to these questions:

1. did my sister look elfin and pretty?

2. did her hair look nice?

3. did she poke malone in the eye either with her finger or, mataphorically, with the force and passion of her rhetoric?

4. was my sister a credit both to her gentical family and to The International Family of Cyclists?

Hey, DM, I've read a couple of cycling forum threads about this programme. Although they don't seem to mention nice hair or elfin prettiness, there has been praise for the "very knowledgeable pro-cylist campaigner".

Unfortunately, most of the threads are simply an endless rant against the anti-cycling campaigner.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
With this cock-head attitude, you are probably increasing the sum total of danger on the road.

You should probably keep your retarded, ill-founded allegations to yourself, ben. Unless you can provide hard evidence to justify your comment. You fucking cocksucker*.

quote:
More boringly, you're definitely increasing the sum total of misery and bad manners on the road.
Definitely?? Who the fuck do you think you are? Our Almighty Masterful Overlord who knows all and sees all? You have no idea how I drive on a daily basis. I am actually a very considerate driver, you know - giving way, smiling at old people, beeping my horn and shaking my fists at local scallywags. I am a credit to an otherwise vicious, over-competitive, knucklehead-dominated transport system. Scrotum eyes**.

quote:
If a female poster posted the above, I guarantee that three quarters of the people reading it would think 'stupid bitch'.
See comment re: Our Almighty Masterful Overlord. Why reverse the scenario sexually? What are you trying to achieve by doing so? The scenario would be the same regardless of gender. In addition, are you implying that three quarters of the people who have read this thread already will have opted to take a different stance if I was female? That's a strange one. That is bordering on prehistoric and definitely presumptious to the extreme. Why do you feel that you decide what other people might think. It's a shabby thought process. Arguably, tattered.

quote:
If you're going to be behind the wheel
There are no "ifs" about it. I am. You comment as though you somehow possess the ability to transform other people's actions and thoughts. Have you considered a career in politics? I hear that the BNP are recruiting new councillors. If you're not already involved in a political position, it may be a viable route.

quote:
the most lethal weapon there is,
Most lethal fucking weapon? [obvious]There are far more lethal, destructive weapons in this country, however if a motor vehicle is your idea of the most lethal, I suspect that you are one of the fortunate few who do not witness life as it truly is.[/obvious]

quote:
cease thinking that the entire world revolves around you and your feelings.
Apologies. I was unaware that this forum was - actually - the entire world. If that isn't what you meant, then please refer back to my comments re: your presumptions on my thoughts and intentions. Which are based on a solid foundation of steaming dog shit and backed up with no evidence whatsoever, other than a post regarding a rather irritating journey on the way to work.

quote:
I suggest you fucking grow up
I suggest you never try saying that to my face if we were ever to meet at some point later in life. Having said that, it would be barely worth wasting any physical effort on somebody who's idea of an offensive gesture is to say, "fucking grow up", but it would 'probably' be fucking fun anyway and, owing to the fact that I'm nothing more than a fucking 'cock-head***', it would do be doing my perceived character no injustice whatsoever anyway.

Now go home and get your fucking shine-box.

*Obligatory, ill-founded allegation.
**2nd obligatory, ill-founded allegation.
***Last heard 23 years ago in a nursery, up North.

Your use of World Wide Web ultimate flaming techniques (for Windows 98) leaves me in a state of quivering awe and nostalgia. I never thought I'd ever again encounter the old 'you don't even know me' gambit in a non-old-people's-home context, so thanks for making me - for a brief moment - feel young once more.

Of course, the better part (arf!) of your post can be dismissed with a condescending smile, but I feel compelled to respond to this yelp:

quote:
Most lethal fucking weapon? [obvious]There are far more lethal, destructive weapons in this country, however if a motor vehicle is your idea of the most lethal, I suspect that you are one of the fortunate few who do not witness life as it truly is.[/obvious]
About 3,500 road deaths occur annually in the UK - I realise that the concept of 'most lethal' might be a slippery one for you to grasp, but can you name any other device that is implicated in more deaths than this. Knives and guns don't come anywhere near in terms of numbers killed.

I don't know, maybe you can provide a shattering protrait of 'life as it really is' which will totally rock my world and make a nonsense of my perceptions.

[ 19.06.2006, 06:55: Message edited by: ben ]

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Come on zygote, don't be feeble.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite a high figure actually. A whopping 1.5k more than people who die of skin cancer every year. *

[ 19.06.2006, 07:15: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Black Mask

What's green, has six legs and if it fell on you out of a tree it would kill you?

--------------------
sweet

herbs

zygote driving a snooker table?
New Way Of Decay

Why did the chicken cross the road?

--------------------

Black Mask

To get ben's shine box?

--------------------
sweet

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know, maybe you can provide a shattering protrait of 'life

I must confess to not fully understanding the word 'protrait', however when you referred to cars being the "most lethal weapon there is", I immediately thought of class A drug usage (namely heroin), which results in a far greater figure than 3500 and ultimately increases dramatically the overall UK crime rate. The knock-on effect of this is obvious.

However, simply quoting the current UK car crash-related death figure has nothing whatsoever to do with my initial post, therefore I cannot see the relevance this fact poses. I repeat: I have yet to cause/have suffered a car-related accident in my life.

Your reply comes as a grave disappointment to be perfectly honest. All you do is continue your **** -headedness and offer nil in the form of a fresh, honest response. Your pre-supposed superiority is lazy, nauseating and overwhelmingly short-sighted.

[ 19.06.2006, 07:46: Message edited by: Zygote ]

herbs

I think it's the term 'weapon' which is causing confusion. Generally weapons are instruments used to kill or injure third parties. Cars do this, though mostly by accident. I'm not aware of many cases of third parties being killed by being stabbed in the arm with a loaded syringe.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Hey, DM, I've read a couple of cycling forum threads about this programme. Although they don't seem to mention nice hair or elfin prettiness, there has been praise for the "very knowledgeable pro-cylist campaigner".

woot! my sister is teh rule. i will pass that information on, thankyou.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
zygote seems quite explosive under pressure.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
I think it's the term 'weapon' which is causing confusion. Generally weapons are instruments used to kill or injure third parties. Cars do this, though mostly by accident. I'm not aware of many cases of third parties being killed by being stabbed in the arm with a loaded syringe.

Well let's be honest, you can't really consider cars or heroin to be weapons can you? How about the third party being someone who shares an infected syringe? As neither of them are weapons in any traditional sense of the word, it's fair to say you can quote any number of figures, ranging from people who trip over and smash their nose in the high street, or particularly, if you are a snotty little bastard, harness the power of the sun.

Ok, I'll give that, in the situation someone might run someone over in a car to kill them or you know inject someones eyeball with poison, but this simply doesn't count.

[ 19.06.2006, 08:05: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have yet to cause/have suffered a car-related accident in my life.

I was a driver for 18 years before I had my first ever prang. Very low speed, no injuries, split-second error on my part. Always thought I was Mr. Immaculate-Driver up till that point. Now I know I'm just as likely to cause a high-speed multiple pile-up as the next idiot. Just takes that split-second.
herbs

Eight years isn't really that long as a proportion of driving life of, what, 50?
Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:

· The Sun Sentinel reported on February 11, 2001, that a six-year-old from Glade View, Florida, stabbed five children with a discarded syringe.

· The New York Times reported on February 2, 2001, that a nine-year-old from the Bronx stabbed four children with a discarded needle.

· The Frankson and Hastings Independent, an Australian newspaper, reported on February 13, 2001, that a syringe left at a bus station stuck a four-year old boy.

Black Mask

What's wrong with these kids?

--------------------
sweet

Zygote
TMO's Member
I agree that there aren't many cases, however there are also not many deliberate car-related murders.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Sun Sentinel reported on February 11, 2001, that a six-year-old from Glade View, Florida, stabbed five children with a discarded syringe.

· The New York Times reported on February 2, 2001, that a nine-year-old from the Bronx stabbed four children with a discarded needle.

· The Frankson and Hastings Independent, an Australian newspaper, reported on February 13, 2001, that a syringe left at a bus station stuck a four-year old boy.

I make that ten deaths. Only another 3,490 to find...

ETA: Actually it doesn't even say they died. Lame...

[ 19.06.2006, 08:20: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Only another 3,490 to find...

3490? So the previously-quoted 3500 figure was comprised entirely of deliberate 'car murders'?

Doubtful.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Only another 3,490 to find...

3490? So the previously-quoted 3500 figure was comprised entirely of deliberate 'car murders'?
Yes - these were all deaths from deliberate car murders, provoked by either tailgating or annoying cyclists.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
I bet smoking kills more people than cars.
New Way Of Decay

Let's see some googled results Louche.

--------------------

Louche
Oooh... It is estimated that between 1950 and 2000 six million Britons, 60 million people worldwide, would have died from tobacco-related diseases.

See, that's better than your paltry 3,500 or whatever, innit. Cigarettes are weapons too.

[ 19.06.2006, 09:11: Message edited by: Louche ]

New Way Of Decay

So that's:

Fags
Cars
Sunshine
Heroin

Would anyone else like to add their alternative weapons to the list?

--------------------

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
I don't know, maybe you can provide a shattering protrait of 'life

I must confess to not fully understanding the word 'protrait',
Pulling people up for obvious typos is pretty weak - especially when yourself labouring under the misapprehension that "presumptious" is a real word.

quote:
however when you referred to cars being the "most lethal weapon there is", I immediately thought of class A drug usage (namely heroin), which results in a far greater figure than 3500 and ultimately increases dramatically the overall UK crime rate. The knock-on effect of this is obvious.

As others have pointed out, the only person who is likely to suffer from you being reckless with a syringe full of heroin is you - the chances of you killing others through reckless, dangerous or careless driving - ie. the kind of thing you described in your original post - is infinitely higher.

As for your "much higher" figure on Class A drugs, a cursory Google reveals that you're talking out of your arse.

quote:
I repeat: I have yet to cause/have suffered a car-related accident in my life.

Good for you. I'd been driving more than ten years before my first serious prang. May fortune continue to smile on you.

quote:
Your reply comes as a grave disappointment to be perfectly honest. All you do is continue your **** -headedness and offer nil in the form of a fresh, honest response. Your pre-supposed superiority is lazy, nauseating and overwhelmingly short-sighted.

You'll be disappointed to hear that your response didn't disappoint me in the slightest, such were my expectations of you. You seem to consider further finessing of an argument, with referenced figures in support, as a waste of time - which is why you fail to do it yourself and why you completely disregard where I've done it. That being so, I'm struggling to see where freshness or honesty come into your own posts.
Louche
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
So that's:

Fags
Cars
Sunshine
Heroin

Would anyone else like to add their alternative weapons to the list?

Dancefloors that aren't flush with the rest of the space around them.

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+