Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » A thread where you all try to think of something remotely consoling to say (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: A thread where you all try to think of something remotely consoling to say
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Arthur fowler is dead, NWOD.

*solemly steps over to the record player, picks up a white sleeve record. Blows on it. Gently places it onto the player and drops the needle*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>*crackle*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>*pop*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Dada dur dur dudda dudda dur dur dudda dudda duh dudda luddle lud dud
Dada dur dur dudda dudda dur dur dudda dudda duh dudda luddle lud dud
Duddadurdurdurdurdurdur dunna
durdurdurdurdurdunna
durdurdur durdurdunna
dud dadda dud dun

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the Pearl and Dean music?

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's the Chain, by Fleetwood Mac.

*weak laughter*

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
It's Morse Code. Like that blinking Austrian abduction girl. It's a long time since I was in Navy Cadets, but it translates something like:
++HELPME PLEASE HEPL ME STOP MISC F KEEPIN ME PRISNER STOP BAND A CREUL CHARADE STOP BE LOVIN ME ASSWISE IN DUNGEON STOP HIM STOP HIM STOP HIM STOP++

[Confused]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
I hope Turtle turns up now

What's with your Turtle obsession today? I might just have to tell her you've been looking for her.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
No don't do that.

I've always been a little obsessed with Turtle, ralph. She boils my blood like no other poster ever has, cooks up more bile in me than her posts warrant. I've never really understood it. Today's trigger was reading her outburst in the pome thread (I hadn't read it all before). Anyway, just ignore me and I'll turn reasonable again.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
No sweat dude. I had no idea. I'll not mention a thing to her.
scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
Herbs - lots of love. S'all been said. x

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
That's Yakkety Sax you bloody pretend music lovers! [Mad]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Herbs, sorry. Take care. All sounds so inane. I want to say oh cunting fuck that's bloody awful.
herbs

What an uncommonly idyllic weekend. God, the bastard, decided to make amends by finding us a B&B with no woodwork tools on the wall, providing balmy sunshine when the rest of the country was being pissed on, organising absurdly scenic miles of deserted sandy beach, providing not one but two absurdly upmarket gastropubs on a Georgian square, and laying on a picture-perfect ruined abbey in heaven-style gardens reached through a little unassuming door.

He tried to spoil it by raining all over our stately 'ome trip on the way home yesterday, but as the 'ome in question had a moat, it just added to the watery loveliness. We were even seduced into joining the National Trust.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm devastated about the lack of woodwork tools but happy you enjoyed your weekend. Life is an emotional see-saw.
herbs

But I didn't see any saws... [Confused]

It was one of those rare holidays when getting away does actually leave your cares behind. I saw a glimpse of ben's sunlit morn...

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad it was a good weekend for you.
Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Herbs. This is probably a completely uncool thing to say (even by my standards) but the National Trust is ace! No matter where you are, there are always at least three National Trust properties you can visit and, once you're a member, you don't have to pay! Nor are beige cardigans required admission attire!

Glad you had a good weekend, love.

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

herbs

Decided to throw money at this problem, and went to a doctor on Harley Street (oooOOOoooh) who said that the likelihood of losing the baby the way I did was about the same as losing it full term. I had large amounts of blood taken out of my arm for tests, and an even larger amount of money taken out of my bank account. But you do get a nicer class of waiting room.

Imagine my delight to come home and find some flowers delivered - a lovely gift from my friends on the internet. How very 2.0.

Thank you all very much. They're lovely. If I wasn't a retard, I'd make a picture of them come on the internet. But sadly I am.

herbs

Just had a six-month pregnant woman come up to me in the kitchen, and say 'oof, can't wait to go on maternity leave', rub her belly, etc. I had to stare at the floor and blink a lot.

I sent a pic of the flaars to some I suspected of being in on the kind buying. Maybe one of them could make it come on the internet.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnants aren't exactly renowned for being able to talk about anything other than being pregnant, are they?

I was thinking last night that you (herbs) are a bit like a combination of Ruth and Ros on Spooks.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

herbs

Are they ace and cool and stuff? I never see Spooks - I'm always doing non-ace and non-cool am operatics.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
herbs

That's them! I'll move them somewhere rather more scenic tonight. I don't think they're set to their best advantage between and iron and some Dettox multi-surface cleaner.
Vogon Poetess

Ruth's quiet and clever and gets the job done, and Ros is the feisty blonde who's starting to get all the good lines.

Spooks last night was ace- I want a job where I can bark into a phone, "get me the prime minister's Chief of Staff on a secure line". Second only to the job where I can bellow, "where the hell's my S.W.A.T team?"

Anyway, I like the design of your clock- with extra big numbers, and the hour circled as well- so bleary hungover eyes can find it easier to tell the time.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

herbs

See how I cunningly took the picture to re-enact those bleary eyes.

Damn! The reason for not watching Spooks is even sadder. I was watching celebrity wife swap, with molten pile of human vile John McCrirrick.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
I was watching celebrity wife swap, with molten pile of human vile John McCrirrick.

I enjoyed Edwina Curry's attempt at pulling out of the driveway with non-driver Teh Crirrick giving directions along the lines of "you're clear to the left if you go right now" and words of kind encouragement such as "Good woman!"

I wanted Booby and JJ to have filthy sex in the garden, followed by a packet of post-coital fags, but sadly that didn't happen.

[ 03.10.2006, 09:13: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

herbs

So, this time things are different. I'm on the magic pills from the magic doctor in Harley Street who's going to make everything alright. I have two scans, both of which are fine. Last week's (11 weeks) was just routine; a bit of an inconvenience actually. I'm a busy woman.

So what did he mean, it's bad news? Why wasn't Buster moving? This was the one who was going to be OK. Who meant I wasn't going to be childless forever. What have I done. Was it that glass of champagne the other week? Vigorous gardening? What the FUCK is the matter with me. And why the FUCK is the whole FUCKING world all about families and babies and the fact that your whole life is pointless without then, and why am I beginning to believe them. And what the FUCK am I going to do now.

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
Herbs, that is galling. I'm so sorry.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just so unfair. I'm really sorry, herbs.

[Frown]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post 
Really sorry to hear about that, herbs. Awful news. [Frown]
Vogon Poetess

Truly saddenned to hear that- I was sure this was going to be your year.

Could the forum's breeders/potential breeders perhaps shut up a bit for the time being?

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, herbs. [Frown]

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, I'm so sorry for you Herbs I can't express it in words.

My thoughts are with you.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
That's fucked up.

--------------------
sweet

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
Insert inadequate platitude here. So sorry Herbs.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

herbs

Sorry. I know it's bad and spazzy form to not really post much as too obsessed with being up duff, then posting something it's impossible to respond to. But, you know. I'm mad, me.

Feel oddly sane at the moment, but have yet to encounter a small baby or a pregnant woman, at which point it will all probably go spectacularly wrong.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
If you'd like, we can try and repress any overt parental tweeness that we come across with a stern glare and a muttered imprecation. Kind of a 'reclaim the streets' campaign, but instead aimed at nauseatingly sickeningly cloying smug chelsea types.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+