Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What Have You Been Watching? (Page 8)

This topic is comprised of pages: 19 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19 

Author Topic: What Have You Been Watching?
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone gets bored of the witty to-and-fro that is TMO on recent evenings, see if you can top my "Hi-Score"!

quote:
Twist endings
You scored 10 out of a possible 10
You've seen more twists than an Olympic gymnastics judge. But what you've just done wasn't a quiz at all. It was a cat. An alien cat. A half-robot alien cat. In a woman's body. Called Keyser Soze. And you can kill it by throwing water at it. And ... it's your own father.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

And here's an interesting thing. We all know where the title "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" came from. But did you realise how many films had used it already.

quote:
Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang) (2000)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2000)
The Bang Bang Gang (1970)
aka "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" - USA (video title)
Zhi fa zhe (1981)
aka "Kiss, Kiss, Bang Bang"
Kiss Kiss... Bang Bang (1966)
aka "Kiss Kiss - Bang Bang" - Spain, USA

Come back to kovacs' Movie Spot later! there might be more stuff.

--------------------
member #28

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else watching the Take That documentary on ITV? I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Mark Owen is oddly sweet even if he does look a bit like a little gnome.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now....reckon robbie should have had them over for tea!

I think Mark stayed at a hotel I worked at once. But it might have been someone else.

Also I was at an Industrial festival once and Robbie turned up with lots of big minders, and was studiously ignored by all the goths, except a mad guy called Bruce who pinched his arse and ran away.

Do any other readers have hilarious TT anecdotes!?

[ 16.11.2005, 17:29: Message edited by: Abby ]

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems not. Although maybe everyone is too transfixed to post about it! Afterwards we can have a good chat about what a bad idea How Deep Is Your Love was.
kovacs

These people are.

--------------------
member #28

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just completed Silent Hill 2, so that's the whole set now. An admirable achievement, I'm sure you'll agree.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
I was an East 17 girl, so no. I did go to a party where there was a TT cake, tho'.

Yeah, Robbie should have turned up. Has Gary always looked that much like a potato?

kovacs

I liked "Back for Good", but so did everyone else I knew who had never liked anything else by Take That. Maybe it's because we knew it was the last single -- the way you (I) feel suddenly well-disposed towards a guest when you realise they'll be leaving soon.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

Modge is watching it (I had to turn off Peter Greenaway: The Early Films so she could have her silly programme) and also she has some TT anecdotes because Gary Barlow's studio was next to her dance academy.

--------------------
member #28

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
quote:
I was an East 17 girl, so no. I did go to a party where there was a TT cake, tho'.

What is it with the deliberatley misleading gender names!

....I liked the thrash version of 'Back for Good'. It is a bit like the Limp Bizkit version of 'Faith'.
I was too busy beeing a sneery grunger to like anything else at the time though.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry...I...I never liked anything by Take That...

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching Rome recorded from earlier and having my level 1 soldier annihilated in Malton.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
I am watching Rome recorded from earlier and having my level 1 soldier annihilated in Malton.

Sometimes you feel the future really did come true like it was meant to!

--------------------
member #28

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I feel most imperial.

--------------------

kovacs

Do my film quiz from upper on the page, everyone.

Or I will be obliged to nick this fun website from another forum.

--------------------
member #28

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I got 8 out of 10. I can only assume that I got The Third Man and The Others wrong, as I've seen neither.

--------------------

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
What is it with the deliberatley misleading gender names!

I did so badly on registering to TMO, and thought 'I can change my name any time I like!' Was incorrect.

I got 7 out of 10 on the film quiz, and got the Sixth Sense one wrong because I didn't read the answers properly. The subtext of this post is that I am a bit of a dullard.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Crumbs. I got 8/10 which is impressive as I guessed at least 6/10, and the Planet of the Apes one was from reading the book, so I dont know if they mashed up the ending in the film. Plus I read it about 13 years ago, gave me nightmares for months it did!
kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Crumbs. I got 8/10 which is impressive as I guessed at least 6/10, and the Planet of the Apes one was from reading the book, so I dont know if they mashed up the ending in the film.

They did... in the remake! [Wink]

Remember, my new thread is now *ONLINE* and ready to read. To read it, just click on "TMO Talk", then "today's active topics".

--------------------
member #28

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
So I see! Why dont you go and fill in my exciting questionnaire!? People need to know!
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
I'm sorry...I...I never liked anything by Take That...

It's okay Benway, it's okay, let it all out.

I must admit to not totally hating Robbie Williams.

ANyway right now I am watching Total Recall. Arnie just through Richter(?)'s limbs away and said 'see you at the party, richter'. ho ho.

Benway, do you need any help moving? I know a man with a van.

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 10 out of 10 - I love films with twists.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10/10 but that was a pretty shit quiz - Jaye Davidson's cock did not appear at 'the end' of The Crying Game at all - it was about two thirds of the way through and Stephen Rea spent the rest of the film going nuts and trying to turn 'her' into a boy. TV highlight last night was, of course, Trinny and Susannah. The sisterly dimension made the 'after' sequences particularly enjoyable - especially Saira who, post-transformation, totally pwned her supposedly more glamorous siblings.

I only saw bits of the Take That documentary - I always hated those fuckers. Their videos remind me of the computer generated rollercoaster in the credits of the ITV Chart Show - and the natty little STOP ==> REWIND device used to link the video clips... you know, back when MCs and VHS were the shiznit.

Back For Good I always thought a horribly laboured stab at 'classic pop songwriting' - especially that horrid line about lipstick marks upon your coffee cup - I realise now that it was actually the sound of Gary 'I'm the songwriter' Barlow shooting his bolt.

Also: the clips of hordes of screaming girls were a chastening reminder of how dowdy the default teen female clobber used to be - everywhere the TT boys went they were surrounded by an ocean of shapeless anoraks the like of which is now only seen on Haley from Coronation Street.

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That quiz was rubbish. All too easy.

Filmwise is much better.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by ben:
that horrid line about lipstick marks upon your coffee cup - I realise now that it was actually the sound of Gary 'I'm the songwriter' Barlow shooting his bolt.

I seem to remember that jokers claimed the line was "got your lipstick, Mark, upon my coffee cup."

--------------------
member #28

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've spent the last three nights watching series 2 of Peep Show, which I missed when it was on telly, despite the fact I'd been looking forward to it for a year. So when it finally came out on DVD, I felt quite an extraordinary glow of excitement, like back in the nineties when music meant something and people greeted new albums with enthusiasm rather than queueing them up in their Bittorrent downloader and putting them on their iPods never to be heard again.

So anyway - wow, eh? The first episode was pretty much the funniest half hour in sitcom history; a blisteringly hilarious bombardment of killer lines that consistently had me roaring with laughter; even to the point where I was chuckling at it the next day. Not every episode was quite up to that standard, but it was all still better than 99% of anything else that's ever been done. Also, the final episode contains the bleakest image bever comitted to film - the solitary first dance to 'Solid as a Rock'. Brr.

Another thing that struck me as particularly painful in the series is Mark's increasing level of self awareness. As he ages he doesn't get wiser or more capable, he just becomes more able to recognise the horrors of everyday life as they happen to him: "I've won," as now addended by "in the most minor way possible", and tht sad recognition when he watches the student girl who was so well suited to him, leave "This is a moment that's going to haunt me for the rest of my life". Brr. Still - absolutely magnificent. Looking forward to catchign up on the third series.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first episode of Peep Show series 2 was truly magnificent; I actually started panicking half way through because the killer lines were racking up so fast I couldn't remember them all.

Interesting dilemma last night- despite despising Take That throughout my teen years, I was actually quite intrigued by the documentary, to the point where I almost considered carrying on watching it instead of Lost. The scenes of those prostate, hysterical fans weeping in agony were still immensely satisfying.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Dr. Benway

I did watch the finale of Britain's Next Top model, and was disappointed in the results.

and, it's okay vikram. I figured I can just throw most of my stuff out, because a lot of it is worse the wear from the mildew.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peep Show is so good, but too painful.

Come on guys I can get 5 out of the eight of this week's Filmwise Invisibles.

Stuck on 2, 3, and 5.

--------------------

Dr. Benway

they're quite hard. I can recognise, like, one.

[ 17.11.2005, 07:11: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
I almost considered carrying on watching it instead of Lost. The scenes of those prostate, hysterical fans weeping in agony were still immensely satisfying.

I found the girl who even now got all choked up when she talked about them splitting up a bit worrying. And it wasn't until I read your post that I realised I'd entirely missed Lost, and not even thought about it, which is I think I sign that I'm better off without it.
Boy Racer
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
they're quite hard. I can recognise, like, one.

Thanks for trying at least Benwai.

I've worked out number 3 now.
Normally I average about six correct, it's rare that I'll get all eight.

1) The Rock

2) ?

3) Dogville

4) Breakfast Club

5) ?

6) Meet Me in St Louis

7) Raiders of the Lost Ark

8) Intolerable Crulety

Come on.

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. Could be ocean's 12
Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:

Interesting dilemma last night- despite despising Take That throughout my teen years, I was actually quite intrigued by the documentary, to the point where I almost considered carrying on watching it instead of Lost. The scenes of those prostate, hysterical fans weeping in agony were still immensely satisfying.

My brain went through the same dilema, but my stubborn refusal to stop watching Lost, even though we're on episode #54932 with little hope of the story progressing, won out in the end.

And yes, Gary Barlow worked in the recording studio next to my college. He used to go to the same cafe as us, where he would furiously pull up his collar/put sunglasses on/hide behind a scarf when we went in, presumably to prevent us from begging for autographs and kisses. He even had a burly minder with him, despite the fact that the only person who ever talked to him was the waitress.

This topic is comprised of pages: 19 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+