Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What Have You Been Watching? (Page 9)

This topic is comprised of pages: 19 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19 

Author Topic: What Have You Been Watching?
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even recognise The Breakfast Club -- shame.

--------------------
member #28

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
5. Could be ocean's 12

That was my first guess Roy, but apparently not. If you submit answers they'll tell you how many you've got right.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know! It's WHAT IS THAT BLOODY FIM CALLED?????, that film with James Bond and Woody from cheers.

[ 17.11.2005, 08:05: Message edited by: Roy ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After The Sunset.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Vincennes:
Is anyone else watching the Take That documentary on ITV? I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Mark Owen is oddly sweet even if he does look a bit like a little gnome.

A claim to fame - I was once staying at the K-West in London, when I went to the bar and Mark Owen asked me what band I was with. Thouroughly pleasant chap, even let me finish his wine as he was off to visit friends.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work Royston, I haven't seen that.

Just one more to get now.

--------------------

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 out of 10 on the grauniad quiz - now to help with the other one.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Goblet of Fire on the fill-up-your-eyes mahoosive screen at Leicester Square. It were fucking brillyunt. I shall probably go and see it every day for the next two weeks.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw vanderbilt beat furman 81-60 last night. we was shit a tht beginning, bit rusty but then we pwned them in the second half. no dunks. but quality inside high percentage game. they (furman) were quality 3 point shooters in first half.
shan foster had a quality game.

and skunchas = looks like an oaf but is actually quite good.

bring on the sec i say. should be interesting and possibly fun.

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Downfall last night. It made me tears.
Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the BBC modern day adaptation of Shakespeares The Taming of the Shrew and it was fantastic.

From the BBC
quote:
Katherine Minola is a succesful politician, tipped for the leadership of her party. The only problem is, her awful temper has left her a 38 year old singleton, and everyone, from her party chairman to her sister, wants her to get married. Is passionate eccentric Petruchio the answer to her prayers?
Rufus Sewell was brilliantly charming as the eccentric Petruchio and Shirley Henderson played Katherine Minola the miserable shrew with gusto...

It made me feel all warm and squidgy inside. One of the best things I've seen on TV in ages...

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were spot on the money there, Kira. I've just watched this and I had to do a little happy dance around the living room at the end. I might even burn it to DVD and keep it.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Kira
Oooh I'm so glad someone else watched it!

Burn it definately, i would have done if i had the facility.

Nice to watch on a crappy day when you need cheering up...

I quite fancy Rufus sewell after watching it...

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a copy I could do you one, let me know, you could email me your details or something.

I'm off to watch One Tree Hill now (yes, I'm sorry). I'll check back later.

[ 24.11.2005, 16:11: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------

Kira
Hippy that would make me very [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] x @-;-
kovacs

I was really sorry I missed that, after sitting through Macbeth and Much Ado... if you could burn me a copy also H1ppy I would have a place for you in my heart, the part currently occupied by Darryn after he sent me that Antbox rip.

--------------------
member #28

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
K & K - no problem, tell me where to send them, I'm mailable at H1ppychick at msn dot com.

--------------------

Kira
Thanks Hipster,

I'll mail you tonight when I get in...

Boy Racer
Although I thought Sewell and Henderson did their best, and almost carried it, I thought this production of The Taming of the Shrew was a bit of a mess.

To be fair to the writer you were always going to have trouble doing a contemporary adaptation of this most sexist of the Shakespeare plays and make it work, and the premise(s) on which it sought to do so were at least interesting.

But for me it struggled to make a plausible story from this jumble of ideas, and it's occasional lapses into Shakespeare's language ultimately reminded me of an essential missing ingredient.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did it stack up against hitherto unbeaten modernisation 10 Things I Hate About You?
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
How did it stack up against hitherto unbeaten modernisation 10 Things I Hate About You?

It was about 12% as good.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
It was about 12% as good. Tame Things I Hate About Shrew starred Heath Ledger.

kovacs

How did it stack up against Kiss Me Kate.

--------------------
member #28

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im going to see mrs henderson presents in a bit, because

a) its my day off, and i fancy brain candy

b) i want to see bob hoskins' manpart

c) cheerful naked gels with proper bottoms and everything.

last night i tried to watch cinema paradiso, which i got free from out of the grauniad a while ago. i couldnt quite remember when i was watching it if i was right in thinking it had been an astonishing critical success, because if it was then it just goes to show that the critics have access to a better class of crack than we do. after about half an hour i looked at the barely- touched glass of lager on my bedside table and realised that cinemas paradiso was so glutinous, so sick- makingly big- eyedley adorable that it was putting me off my beer. and that is something up with which i do not put. so i watched a video of strictly come dancing from the other week. i have a crush on anton du beke which i cannot fathom, not a sexual crush maybe so much as i just really wish he was my line manager. or something.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Good Fairy
We'll be the pirate twins again
 - posted      Profile for Good Fairy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
I want to see bob hoskins' manpart

I'm with you there!

--------------------
They weren't all your friends and you dont want to be reunited with them

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it will be amusing, seeing as bob hoskins is just sort of like, a walking penis anyway. not that i dont like him, i have no strong opinions one way or the other. its just that whenever i look at him i think of a penis. he is all sort of stubby, and similtaneously bald and and hairy. it would be very amusing if his penis was long and proud and elegant. that would make me chuckle. i suspect it will be more like a little mushroom though.

--------------------

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So its not just young, single blokes who do an immediate nudity-mapping upon meeting/seeing/stalking a person. I'm so pleased, I was told it was childish.
Kira
My mums got a bit of a thing for anton.

He is quite cute but looks quite short on TV...

Kira
Let us know what you think DD. I saw Bob being interviewed on Jonathan Ross a couple of weeks ago. he was very funny and the film looked quite good...
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afternoon Dance Margot. My colleague has said 'oh dear I messed it up' and 'that's a bit of a shame' in the voice.

Do you think it would be ok to try and record her doing the voice and host in online, bearing in mind it might take hours of dictaphone tape.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Boy Racer
I think Ms Pracatan is going to be disappointed by the lack of Hoscock in Mrs Henderson's Present, because from what I saw of the advert his part is discreetly concealed by shadow. Very good review in Time Out though, and it is directed by Stephen Frears (the film not the Hoscock) and therefore almost certainly good (again).

I saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Wedsnesday and thought it and entertaining enough piece of fluff, with some self-conscious, and possibly self-congratulatory cleverness about it.
Kilmer was particularly good in it, sporting superbly gay hair.

I'm hoping to sort out actually getting to see The Beat My Heart Skipped and Factotum between bouts of intoxication this weekend. Yeah, riiight.

[ 25.11.2005, 10:33: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
Very good review in Time Out though, and it is directed by Stephen Frears (the film not the Hoscock) and therefore almost certainly good (again).

hmmm. peter bradshaw was coruscating, and i fall somewhere between to and my homeboy pb. but thats maybe because there were only two other people in the cinema so the funny bits lost something.

good bits:

oxford bag trousers and little aran jumpers, japanese print kimonos, mavis from coronation street saying 'titties'. also, some of the bosoms were really tip- top notch.

bad bits:

the bit where mrs henderson is standing on a roof in SOHO looking at roofs burning and searchlights swooping in the EAST END which, perspective wise, seems to be about 20 miles away. 'oh, we're perfectly safe, theyre not flying overhead, theyre in the EAST END'. is this me being a little bit anal by any chance? i dont think if there were bombs falling on dalston and i was in soho i would be gaily skipping about on a roof, its really not very far away and they could always turn round again with some other bombs that they forgot they had up until that moment. but then i am always slightly fascistic about poetic license when it comes to the geography of london.

the bit where bob hoskins is being all 'oh look what youve done you stupid selfish woman!' and youre thinking, well, i think youre being rather unfair there. strictly by rights it was the germans who did that, not mrs henderson. in fact the entire related sub- plot is a bit silly.

will young's tongue! it is quite fascinating.

bob hoskins' midlands fall somewhere between these two, uh, stools. it is not long and proud and elegant but yes, the lighting is subtle.

nwod: do it! it would make i larf.

[ 25.11.2005, 13:56: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
K&K - got your emails, have done one copy overnight and the other one should be finished shortly, I'll send them out today since I have to go to the Post Office anyway to send something away for repair.

--------------------

kovacs

Thanks very much. Thanks also to Thorn and VP, I have downloaded series 3, episode 1 of Peep Show, which is much better than I imagined. The guy in the suit reminds me of Ben.

I thought I'd seen this programme before and been disappointed, but now I realise it was The Mighty Boosh.

--------------------
member #28

kovacs

Thanks [Smile] again H1ppychick.

--------------------
member #28

This topic is comprised of pages: 19 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+