Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What have you been reading and watching? (Page 14)

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  60  61  62 

Author Topic: What have you been reading and watching?
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It don't half drag on about too

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched Children of men last night. Apart from the slightly heavy Christian allegory and one awfae 'new age' character, I thought it was well weapon. It's about a future where all women are infertile, the world has gone to shit, yet Britain stoically 'soliders on', with the rounding up, torture, imprisonment and slaughter of foreigns being the pre-occupation of the State. Quite devastating, with one of the best sequences I've seen in recent times near the end, as a refugee camp in Bexhill breaks out into some incredibly realistic and intense warfare. Loads of people getting shot and blown up, with some amazing single takes. The jist of the film is super depressing, and the grim, end-of-days London of 2027 is created in such a way as to grind your nose in the state of the current grim, end-of-days London. I came out wondering if Ringo had a point about how awful the place is! Imagine! There's a good central performance from trusty old Clive Owen, and a nice support from Caine, who isn't quite as grating as usual. The only let down is the mother from Darling Buds of May, but to be fair, her character was pretty shonky to begin with.

Anyway, aside from the misery, there's plenty of wry jokes throughout, although these seem to dry up once we enter the refugee camp. Superb series of images as we enter the camp by coach, and out the window we can see a man standing in a cage, wearing a hood, with wires running into his hands, then a cage full of half naked men... It's a perfectly handled 'future as now' world throughout, and there's loads of little things that point towards the current state of affairs.

I wasn't expecting it to be quite as tense or as emotional as it was, so I was suprised and pleased. I did need a couple of drinks to recover, and that's got to be a good thing.

[ 19.10.2006, 05:19: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got that ghostbusters double. Looks nice. Probably watch em back to back over the weekend.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it too, plus I have Ghostbusters 1 on UMD for my PSP..

There's some great one liners in Ghostbusters, perhaps we should have a "classic movie one liners" thread..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
we did that already, in 2002.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
natch.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

Sorry. I wasn't here in 2002.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
the only acceptable quotes are from Robocop.
ralph

lol. I'm out then.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godd. I used to know practically the entire script to both Ghostbusters & Highlander by heart, and a fair old chunk of The Thing (80s Carpenter version) and First Blood, as these films were on permanent rotation in the room of the student to which we'd repair after the college bar shut, for after-hours drinking and 'smoking'.

It's true, this man has no penis.

Och Connor, you're all muck and muscle
Aye blossom, the way ye like it.

And the flowers are still standing!

etc. etc.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could probably reel off Stand By Me verbatim, as well as The Philadelphia Story, Casablanca and Star Wars, but everyone knows the last two so they probably don't count.

lol. mind's gone blank now.

[ 19.10.2006, 07:08: Message edited by: mart ]

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Lebowski
Walter:

You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.

Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!

I told that Kraut a fuckin' thousand times, I don't roll on shabbos!

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I my brothers keeper? Yes I am.

You'd better step off Gra-an-Pah!

Money talks and bullshit runs the marathon. See ya and I wouldn't wanna be ya!

Idolater, your soul is required in hell

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

quote:
Brothers! Oh, brothers! We have all gathered here, to preserve our hallowed culture and heritage! We aim to pull evil up by the root, before it chokes out the flower of our culture and heritage! And our women, let's not forget those ladies, y'all. Looking to us for protection! From darkies, from Jews, from papists, and from all those smart-ass folks say we come descended from monkeys!

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats not one line, you fuzzyfaced moron. its eight. i can type the entire judd nelson 'my impression of life at big brians house' monologue from the breakfast club word perfect from memory* but that doesnt mean im going to. and anyway, i bet you didnt even type that from memory, did you. i call google on you ralph.

[ 19.10.2006, 07:53: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You stupid fucking **** . You, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking **** , you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men? Oh, I'm gonna have your job, shithead.

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
again! not a one- liner! did we agree this was a one- liner thread or not? where did we agree you could type chunks of dialogue? where? you people are idiots.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
this is my impression. of life. at big brian's house.

'hey dad!

'hey son! how was your day?'

'great dad!'

'super. say son, how'd you like to go fishing this weekend?'

'great dad! but wait... i have homework to do...'

'thats okay son! you can do it on the boat!'

'great dad!'

'honey...isnt our son swell?'

'yes honey...isnt life swell?'

(throws punch to left) DOOF! (throws punch to right) DOOF!'

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
there are one liners included within the chunk of dialogue you see. thats okay son, you can do it on the boat, that is a oneliner. because it is one line. but it is found within a 'chunk of dialogue'. thats a technical term im using there.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Plus I've made it clear that quotes only officially count if they're from Robocop. This whole debacle is exactly like how the Edinburgh fringe overtook the original Edinburgh festival.

[ 19.10.2006, 07:59: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

dance margarita
TMO Member
the line 'i carried a watermelon', does that count as being from robocop? i know its actually from 'dirty dancing', but as robocop and dirty dancing actually perform the same function but for different genders i thought maybe you would make an exception.

--------------------

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is anarchy. Darryn lock the thread.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
the line 'i carried a watermelon', does that count as being from robocop? i know its actually from 'dirty dancing', but as robocop and dirty dancing actually perform the same function but for different genders i thought maybe you would make an exception.

sorry, damage. I'm not the ruler here. Just because I know the rules, doesn't mean I can change them any more than you can. You made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot participate in this thread, as I have never seen Robocop.

Goodbye, TMO.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the shit fits - wear it!

You are home!

No prisoners! Har har har!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

dance margarita
TMO Member
is that a robocop quote? i havent seen robocop since 1989. i have been too busy watching dirty dancing, as is right and proper and dictated by nature.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dirty dancing was on the teevee on sunday night. i made the mistake of switching over to 'celebrities in spandex'. what a foolish schoolgirl error that was, as my mum then wanted to watch ruby wax prove that she should never. ever. ever. do live presenting.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
is that a robocop quote? i havent seen robocop since 1989. i have been too busy watching dirty dancing, as is right and proper and dictated by nature.

are you going to watch the live show or have you seen it already?

[ 19.10.2006, 08:19: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somebody phoo "dirty robodancing" please.

thanks.

and people can phoo lines from the two together as well.

like, er:

"i've had the time of my life, and i owe it all to you, robocop"

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

For all your carping about 'chunks of dialogue' and all the rest of it, this quote isn't even from a film! Fuck a duck!
dance margarita
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
are you going to watch the live show or have you seen it already?

no, i am a purist and do not believe that any woman alive can mimic jennifer grey's portrayal of baby's Journey from gauche teen to sensual, erotically curious yet principled young woman. grey's iron- fisted grasp of baby's inner truth is, i would argue, inimitable.

--------------------

ralph

I've not seen RoboCop OR Dirty Dancing. Honest! Which would TMO recommend?
Thorn Davis

Attempted murder? It's not like he killed somebody?
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Am I my brothers keeper? Yes I am.

You'd better step off Gra-an-Pah!

Money talks and bullshit runs the marathon. See ya and I wouldn't wanna be ya!

Idolater, your soul is required in hell

I love New Jack City

'She was maa Mo-ther!'

Oh and, oooh guns guns guns! Come on Sal, Tigers are playing, TONIGHT! And I never miss a game.

all the best lines go to Clarence.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
everything Clarence says is a kick-ass one liner.

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  60  61  62 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+