Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What have you been reading and watching? (Page 29)

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  60  61  62 

Author Topic: What have you been reading and watching?
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VI was bad? I remember it being okay - the one where he digs up the body and sticks a iron spike into his heart, bringing Jason back to life? Maybe it was shit then, maybe? Unless that's VII. VIII is hilariously bad.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is the one where they nick the plot of The Hidden, and Jason's essence goes from host to host, making people do murdering? Is that number nine? That one was pretty shit, too. I mean - technically it didn't even have Jason in it.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Kelly Who? lol.

No, Kelly Hu.

oh, lol!

I thought - but you - so - but, really - hahah!

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
I went to the cinema to watch Freddy Vs. Jason. That was whack.

Me too. I was tempted to ask for my money back. It's right up there alonside Bride of Chucky in the list of sequels that should never have happened.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Which is the one where they nick the plot of The Hidden, and Jason's essence goes from host to host, making people do murdering? Is that number nine? That one was pretty shit, too. I mean - technically it didn't even have Jason in it.

Jason goes to Hell, which was 9. That was pretty hardcore by the usual standards for the series, at least, as far as I can tell from the ones I've seen.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiki has some pretty graphic descriptions of how a lot of the films are cut. And some.

quote:
According to interviews in the book Crystal Lake Memories, a large percentage of the cast was homosexual, including Jeff Bennett, William Butler, and Craig Thomas. During filming, the cast and crew jokingly referred to the film as "Fri-gay the 13th."
Those gays. [Big Grin]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freddy Vs Jason is the only one from both series that I haven't seen. I saw Freddy (Nightmare) movies at the cinema from about V onwards I think - but Jason movies weren't at the cinema until X?

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
It's about time we had a new slasher flick. While they were typically American or Italian, I think you could probably set one in London and get away with it. Set it around a heavy clubbing scene, so you've got lots of scummy toilets, screwed up frightening characters, drugs, violence, skanky bedsits and general grime / brokenness. Try and get an atmosphere that's like Irreversible crossed with Bad Lieutenant and Nightmare in a Damaged Brain. Hard, uncomfortable, abusive yet compelling in a 'decent into hell' kind of way. The main killer could be a drugs cop whose son/daughter was killed by a drugs overdose, but who was also gay, and the killer's inability to accept his son's sexuality leads to him 'punishing the peverted' as well as the general wrong-doers. So this guy takes out people who live their lives in a way that makes them conspicuously different from the mainstream, who are immersed in subcultures. If there's one thing the man on the street doesn't like, it's youth subculture.
Ringo

Yes, we certainly do need a film where a repressed gay violently slaughters goths and emos. I'd buy that for a dollar.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah this guy basically represents a kind of personification of conservative fears. Perhaps as he kills, he finds himself physically transforming with every murder, as his hatred literally takes over his body. Subtle at first, but by the end he's well fucked up.
Nathan Bleak
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should write this film JBN. It'd be good.

--------------------

Ringo

The danger is that you might be seen to be adding some kind of social commentary in the subtext, potentially being accused of sympathising with goths and emos, rather than saying they simply deserve to be killed. I can imagine one floppy-haired chin stroker sitting watching the film, then phoning his lame-o buddy all like "you should totaly watch this film man, it's so true, it's all about how the man hates us young people just because we dress different and want to be individual".

You would hate yourself if that happened, really. The only way it would work is if you made the victims out to be complete losers, and for the hero to go through a process of rejecting lame youth subcultures before he's able to stand up to the killer. I think that would work well in fact.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone has spray painted 'All Emos Must Die' on a ginnel wall near my Mum's house. Perhaps the emo-killer is already out there. You could find yourself making a documentary instead of a film. Gritty northern urban landscapes. And my Mum's house could be in it!
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's a ginnel?

wasn't there a 'Kick an Emo' day recently?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What on earth is a 'ginnel'?

Edit: Glad I am not alone in my thirst for knowledge

[ 26.02.2007, 08:27: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Louche
Ginnel.

I bet Ben would've known what I meant.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol@southerners

edit: that's not really fair, is it, and a bit pointless. sorry. un-lol.

[ 26.02.2007, 08:32: Message edited by: mart ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
The hero will be a chick who's part of the scene, and a cop who starts off basically blackmailing her with a drugs charge to try and get deeper undercover, but perhaps they come to rely on each other as the bodies, fear, and suspicion begins to mount. Then they bone, he maybe wrecks his career by abusing his position in order to save the chick and catch the killer. But then he dies, and she's the 'final girl'. Or maybe the other way around.
Ringo

Bones and lives? Controversial.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
one of them dies. I don't they both should.
Ringo

Hmm, it sounds a bit wrong to me. Maybe you could focus on her for like the first half of the movie, then she's just suddenly killed and everyone watching will be all like "Wtf i thought she was meant to be the hero??" only to have some other person step up instead. I don't know how well that would work. Better than your idea though, I'm willing to bet.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Just because Hitchcock could do that, doesn't mean anybody else can. I think that you need some kind of central relationship. Another alternative would be that this chick is having a relationship with the killer. And the other cop is seperate. The other cop, who is a good guy, used to be his partner, and holds the key to the mystery. Or maybe you think he's good, but he turns out to be bad, and killed his partner's son to protect a drug dealing operation that he's got going. So, you know, who's the real monster? And then Mel gibson handcuffs himself to the killer and they jump off a building.

it's not a whodunnit though, it's supposed to be a filthy, disturbing film about killing.

[ 26.02.2007, 08:58: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Filthy Disturbo has quite a nice ring to it. Sounds like a homage to a cheap slasher flick.

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Facial scarring or a mask?

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
The killer should initially be an everyman, able to melt into the crowd. As he loses control of his hatred, he will eventually have to start covering himself up to hide the physical malformations.
Ringo

So it's semi-autobiographical in a way then, Benway?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
shut up
Ringo

lol pwned
Louche
Quiet, today, innit?
Nathan Bleak
That doesn't work at all - Benway's never really been an 'everyman' and he's not angry at all - he tends to favour a tone of whimsical understanding of humanity that's tinged with frustration when it lets itself down. Plus, he makes no effort to hide nhis physical aberrations.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeh. I'm dicking around, not really working.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
reading grouphug.us

quote:
ok this story of mine is mega weird. it shocks even me. ok so was about 11/12 when i got bored during the night. i looked out of my window which looks onto another house about 15 meters away and i could see right into there window. i saw this guy in there who was just moving boxes and stuff. i dont know y but i turned off my lights and got naked and just stared at him. i then done some weird kind of dance which made me go hard. then his woman friend walked in and i started to hump the bed watching them just moving stuff about. i then done my weirdo dance again but they looked over at my window and straight at me, i was completely naked looking right at them dancing! i jumped as fast as i could out of the way of the window thinking fuck fuck fuck they saw me. i looked at there window 10 mins later and all the lights were off and they had gone. i now see them everyday as i go outside or at the shop. they give me weird looks and i just wonder what they thought. a small boy completely naked looting at them with a hard on.......ok freak...

[ 26.02.2007, 11:19: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

Ok pendant. You're no fun sometime Thorn. No fun at all.
Louche
I'm spinning things out til fiveish, I think. Then I might do some shopping. I have a new job but no-one is giving me anything to do. So I sit here and eat jammy dodgers and read the internet. The jammy dodgers are running out, though. The end of the jammy dodgers might be my crisis point.
New Way Of Decay

I've been here since 8am and I'm here until 6pm. I spent most of the morning working hard only to find my queue had mysteriously filled up again. So I still have over 50 people to call. I don't call all of them though. Sometimes I send them a cowardly robotic email telling them the work is done and not to call back again. Ever.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  60  61  62 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+