Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What have you been reading and watching? (Page 40)

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  60  61  62 

Author Topic: What have you been reading and watching?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you had some interest in your book, Thorn? Did it not come to anything?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it come to nothing?

quote:
NB
[:bitterfailedthron:]You'll find no argument from me there.[/:bitterfailedthron:]

What the fuck do you think, Grissom?

[ 13.04.2007, 10:26: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I walked through Waterstones on the way back from my utterly stultifying meeting and accidentally bought a book, in passing. This is not particularly relevent, but I thought I'd mention it.
Louche
I resist the lure of the three for two, though. Well, I did in Waterstones. I didn't in Marks and Spencers, where I purchased three utilitarian tshirts for £10.
Louche
There should be a Friday thread for this sort of burbling banality. Where's Gemini when you need her?
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
I thought you had some interest in your book, Thorn? Did it not come to anything?

They sent me a quite a nice letter saying they'd really enjoyed it and found it totally original, but that it didn't fit with their line up. I shelved it in a fit of complete disgust for a good few months after that, and worked on No. 2 for a bit. Recently I took down the old one, rejiggered it for the umpteenth time and have started whoring it out again while I work on the second. I dunno. I'm not all that impressed with the first one anymore. It has its moments, but I'm kind of sick to death of the c**t. In a way, I'll be a bit pissed off if I'm put in a situation where I have to do yet more drafts because I never want to look at it again, ever.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only new book I've tried to buy recently is "Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 Development Unleashed", which I needed urgently at work about three weeks ago.

Unfortunately, Amazon have been sending me an email every few days saying it's been delayed and I've now come to the conclusion that the whole thing is a elaborate hoax in an attempt at beating the world pre-orders record for a dull programming book.

sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What the fuck do you think, Grissom?

We have former posters Pan and Gemini leading to Pan moments and Gemini moments.

We have Harley who is neither solely former nor wholly current, but who nonetheless is somehow 'of himself'; leading to Harley moments which add, in their own small way, somewhat amusing commentaries to the tmo mix.

Do we now have Grissom moments?

I would like Grissom to be a former poster and not merely a character from CSI. Please tell me there was a former poster called Grissom.

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf is grissom?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by sam:

I would like Grissom to be a former poster and not merely a character from CSI. Please tell me there was a former poster called Grissom.

There was. Grissom was a Japanese student or something. I think he's a politician now. You can see him on youtube I think. I'll see if I can find him.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
There you go.

He was totally different on the boards, mind. He was pretty forgetable to be honest.

sam
TMO Member
Are you telling me that a baldy little japanese revolutionary fascist called Toyama Koichi was once a poster on tmo?

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Called Grissom, yes.
mart
Oh yeah I remember now.
sam
TMO Member
It has taken me 29 minutes to catch on. Fcuk me for a woodenhead. [Roll Eyes]

I am so gullible.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Sorry. You wanted it so badly, I had to make something up.

quote:
Sam

I’m sorry, Sam, there was never a poster called Grissom on TMO. That Japanse revolutionary thing; that was working for us. You should have run with that one and everyone would be happy but, you had to fuck it up by asking questions.

Perhaps, they say the truth HURTS.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
But I think vinegar tits is more realistic.
sam
TMO Member
Lol jonesy Lol

[Razz]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
But I think vinegar tits is more realistic.

Sometimes you are too enigmatic for me, oh funny loony one with the scary avatar. Do you mean vinegar tits as in a cryptic reference to PAN or are you suggesting I have vinegar tits?

Let me tell you, milk would be proud to come from my tits. It would be manna from mount olympus after flowing from my tits. my tits rock.

Except they are softer. [Wink]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
It's just pan:

quote:
Perhaps, they say the truth HURTS. But I think vinegar tits is more realistic.

I don't know why the lost words of Pan mean so much to me, but they do.
sam
TMO Member
quote:

I don't know why the lost words of Pan mean so much to me, but they do. [/QUOTE]

Can anybody write a better one?

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
[Smile]
mart
My favourite is the Sinatrian:

quote:
...so if he is and is not what is he?
Actually, I'm not sure that it really is my favourite, but I'm wanting to use it.
sam
TMO Member
That's all very well, mart, quoting his stuff but, well, do you know how we can hope to get the truth and deep non-engaged analysis of problems from them.

[ 13.04.2007, 13:56: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

mart
Well who makes up the fucking rules these days? You?
mart
But, if you want a serious answer to your question, it's this: sources of sensations. It all starts here.

[ 13.04.2007, 14:04: Message edited by: mart ]

mart
sorry, that's pants
sam
TMO Member
I wented off and started watching some crap tv programme when I really wanted to join in this game. [Frown]

What would the great PAN say?

Shallow and swift writers

Indeed; I bow on awe before the great PAN's superior wisdom.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
sorry, that's pants

Pan's.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
The only new book I've tried to buy recently is "Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 Development Unleashed", which I needed urgently at work about three weeks ago.

[Geek Chate] How do you find Sharepoint for developing with? Just wondering because it seems there's a good chance I might be having to interface our Data Warehouse web presence with it at some point in the future. Probably not for a while yet though since we've yet to create the new version of the web presence, or decide which reporting layer product we're using for that matter, stupid IT-fearing Microsoft-dryhumping upper management types..[/Geek Chate]
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. I was sure I'd posted a reply before. Well...

[Mr Bean voice]

Well, I haven't done much more than rebrand a basic Sharepoint site so far. Haven't created any new "web parts" and that sort of thing.

It was a pain in the arse to track down the right files for editing, but once I'd sort of hacked my way around the thing it was pretty straightforward. You do need a reasonable grasp of the .NET framework, ideally.

My main problem has been finding decent documentation, which is why I was looking forward to reading that book, but it seems it's not due out till June now, along with another book on the same subject by Wrox. Might be a bit late, but I've left it on order anyway, just in case it comes in useful another time.

[/Mr Bean voice]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, thanks dude, hopefully by the time I need to start developing it (next year at least at this rate) there might be a bit more documentation and other resources about..
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw El Topo on friday. I preferred it to The Holy Mountain. I still couldn't really get a grip on it, but it felt more fluid because it was at least set around the same location, and the overall story about the gunman worked most of the time. Even better than the film though was Jodorowski in conversation afterwards. An inspirational man. I came out of El Topo saying that I probably wouldn't watch another one of his films, but after the conversation, I'm really looking forward to checking out Santa Sangre.

Other films I watched last week: Death Line (superb london underground horror flick) and Psychomania (bizarre occult biker romp).

wonderstarr
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for wonderstarr           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks again to Benny the Ball for those Invisibles you donated with astonishing kindness.

I am reading Apocalipstick now, a couple of chapters b4 bed (predictably I had a dream that I was in the Invisibles, duh... how 90s). I like the stuff about that pervy tranvestite!!! dirty and sick, but sort of good [Wink] Gives me a funny feeling deep inside.

--------------------
pudgy little saucepot

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished The Tortilla Curtain by T.C Boyle. A meticulously constructed tale dealing with immigration and the huge financial divide of Los Angeles in the nineties. The storyline thunders along relentlessly, the characters are very easy to become emotionally attached to on both sides of the 'immigration issue' at hand, and the climax is both sad and heart-rending. A cracking read.

Eight Tortillas out of ten.

Keep meaning to start How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered The World, which I will, along with Will Self's Cock and Bull, which I bought fucking ages ago.

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  60  61  62 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+