Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What have you been reading and watching? (Page 20)

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  60  61  62 

Author Topic: What have you been reading and watching?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has a hazelnut in every bite?

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Dedalus           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't care who you offend, do you?
Dedalus
TMO Member
It's all about the chocolate Black Mask likes, all about him.

Never mind the poor ***** working themselves into an early grave so he can get his Caramac.

Dedalus
TMO Member
Thatcher's favourite chocolate bar was the Nutty.

F
a
c
t

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone's a fruit and nutcase...

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
Pinochet of course was a Texan fan.
Black Mask

Triiiiiiiiiiiii-OH! Oh, triii-iii-iiio!

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would win in a fight between Double-Decker and Picnic?
Dedalus
TMO Member
Reagan once had Airforce 1 fly 250 miles for a box of Hersheys, the idiot.
Black Mask

NUTS! Whole hazelnuts! Ooh! Cadbury's take 'em and they cover them in chocklet!

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Picnic. No sweat.

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
Noriega was a great lover of Marathon, but his lisp makes him sound funny when he asks for a Snickers, so now he sticks with his next favourite, the Bounty.
Dedalus
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Picnic. No sweat.

lol orly.
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bar of Snickers would twat fuck out of a Picnic any day. Any fucking day.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just say, I had a Drifter when I was about 13 and I didn't like it much, since then I haven't had another. I'm pretty sure the Drifter is a low quality chocolate snack. Their rarity is due to the fact that they are a rubbish 80's throwback which don't sell in comparison to today's class leading chocolate such as Mars Bar, Yorkie and Twix.

The Drifter is described thusly:
quote:
Drifter Chocolate Bar - The laid back snack. Crisp wafer dipped in chewy caramel and covered in real milk chocolate.
The wafer is the real problem here. A wafer based chocolate bar gives the impression of cheapness. The sort of thing your mum puts in your sandwich box. The Drifter is really only marginally superior to a Tunnocks Caramel wafer. The sort of thing you would ooh and ahh over in the rationed days of WWII perhaps. It's a sweet you can eat but there is no real sense of thick chocolatey satisfaction there. As you crunch your way through the wafer section you know deep down that you're being ripped off.

[ 30.11.2006, 10:04: Message edited by: not... ]

Dedalus
TMO Member
I just punched the computer screen
Dedalus
TMO Member
I've got a meeting now, but when I come back you'd better all be singing the praises of the Drifter and the Double Decker or the shit will hit the fan.
not...
I have no problem with Double Decker.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clark bars rule.

Snickers, Zygote? Snickers????

kicks Zygote in the groin

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double Deckers have that unnaturally white, not quite nutty chewy stuff in, don't they? Gross.

Kitkats are boring. Whenever wafers are involved, half the product essentially just becomes air. Also, cheap, thin nasty Nestle chocolate.

Cadbury chocolate bars automatically have richer, thicker, tastier chocolate, and the winner must therefore be the Crunchie for the delectable contrast between the gleaming richness of the tempting gold tooth-rot honeycomb and the smooth chocolate. Mmmmm.

Having said that, Mars bars would surely win in any kind of fight, due to their solid, brick-like nature.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, poor Ralph has to eat Hershey chocolate, because he lives in a poor country. Man, that's harsh.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

ralph

At least my crappy country has been able to put a man on the moon. But hey, chocolate's pretty important too. I suppose. [Roll Eyes]
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
Clark bars rule.

Snickers, Zygote? Snickers????

kicks Zygote in the groin

Ralph, all american chocolate bars are named so as to directly not link with their rest-of-the-world counterparts - you were probably eating chocolate coated chicken wings when you got a snickers...

quote:
Originally posted by not... The Drifter is really only marginally superior to a Tunnocks Caramel wafer.
not... over 4 million of them sold daily (Tunnocks that is), granted mainly to the scottish, but still don't diss the tunnock - dip it in a brew you fool!

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At least my crappy country has been able to put a man on the moon. But hey, chocolate's pretty important too. I suppose. [Roll Eyes]

God ralph, that was so faked - like, the flag was totally blowing because of the studio air con, and the shadows were all totally all wrong totally, god!

--------------------

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:
God ralph, that was so faked - like, the flag was totally blowing because of the studio air con, and the shadows were all totally all wrong totally, god!

We want the rest of the world to think it was fake. We don't want word to get out that Americans routinely travel to space as easily as the rest of the world walks down to the corner store for a pack of smokes. I myself have been to the moon several times. I'm sure that rooster and froopy will back me up on this, unless of course they're afarid of what would happen if they told the truth.
not...
quote:
not... over 4 million of them sold daily (Tunnocks that is), granted mainly to the scottish, but still don't diss the tunnock - dip it in a brew you fool!
I have no problem with Tunnocks Caramel wafer. But the fact is they are a simple cheap snack, usually bought in a pack of five or so. It's ok though, they're not pretending to be anything else.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I imagining this or did there used to be a chocolate bar called a 'Secret' which was like a real work of confectionary art? Like a cross between a walnut whip and a mars bar, sort of, with a kind of latticework of dark and milk chocolate over the top?

Incidentally, Walnut Whip for the win. Just throw the stupid nut away, or spit it in someone's face.

Ralph - The British invented America, meaning that anything America does is a British achievement. Never forget that, because one day you'll be repatriated, along with the Australians, and I wouldn't like to be in your shoes pal

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We don't want word to get out that Americans routinely travel to space as easily as the rest of the world walks down to the corner store for a pack of smokes.

I see. That explains those disasters then. Also - the Indians and Chinese will be 'better at space' than the Americans in approximately 80 weeks.

[ 30.11.2006, 10:42: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
okay, as you were.

--------------------

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I see. That explains those disasters then.

To which disaters do you refer? Baseball?
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Ralph - The British invented America, meaning that anything America does is a British achievement. Never forget that, because one day you'll be repatriated, along with the Australians, and I wouldn't like to be in your shoes pal [/QB]

So you guys are responsible for Bush? Bad, bad British.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
that's cold Misc...

Hey, Ralph, what does NASA really stand for?

--------------------

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the moonlandings were real! where do you think 'nam was filmed?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no, another great thing about being British is being able to catagorically blame all bad things in the world directly on the French.

So Bush = another filthy French invention

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I see. That explains those disasters then.

To which disaters do you refer? Baseball?
Challenger, Columbia - they were set up to make the world think you were shit at space, right?

quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:
that's cold Misc...

What can I say? I blame the fucking avatar...

[ 30.11.2006, 10:48: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  60  61  62 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+