Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Announce » MayMeat (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: MayMeat
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When was the last time TMO had a meat? A proper one with beer and people and everything? A long time I bet.

Well next week me and Kiki and going to be in London to see Therapy? with a few others from here, but I was just wondering if anyone was perhaps free on Friday to reaffirm what we all look like in the flesh, and maybe get drunk and embarrass ourselves - ah its all fuel for TMO folklore, and worse of all no doubt to be caught on camera for those further afield to laugh at.

So what do you say?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about Saturday, Waynester. I mean, I'm not really that sorry, but it seems polite to say so.

May well be free Friday of next week- will have to think about a venue.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the 19th or the 26th?
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can turn up. (It's the 26th)

[ 17.05.2006, 05:37: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
Is that the 19th or the 26th?

26th fer sure

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it was the 19th i would be totally THERE, because i am gracing the smoke with my immacuate and serene presence for but a few short days, but as it is the 26th i cannot, because i will very likely be in bristol, being an extra in a pop video. maybe you should ask therapy to move the gig forward a week, waynster. im sure theyd listen to you.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr B. is your Yahoo still the best email address to get you on or is there a better one?
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahoo is the only one I use.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
yahoo is the only one I use.

CYI dude
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yus.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
if it was the 19th i would be totally THERE, because i am gracing the smoke with my immacuate and serene presence for but a few short days

oooh, i'm having party on 20th. you must come and see my ironic mural of george bush drinking crude oil from a coca-cola can
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no way to entertain a lady. Can't you get some American bankers to pay for all the gold encrusted dim sum you can eat?

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could meat.
New Way Of Decay

Don't look me in the eye.

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you say London, you don't by any chance mean London, West Virginia, do you? I could probably make a meet if it was held in West Virginia.
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be able to attend, it's the day before London's birthday and also the deadline for my final OU essay this year. But providing I prepare enough and get everything done in advance then it would be good to meat.

--------------------
uberwench

Waynster

Anyone recommend a venue?

--------------------

Physic
Digital PIMP !
So far:

• Wayne
  • Kiki
  • VP
  • Benway
  • NWOD
  • London?
  • Abby
  • Uber
  • and me

So that's looking like a minimum of 10, hopefully more, so we're going to need somewhere with a bit of space really..

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
book a table in a restaurant
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHINESE KARAOKE IN DALSTON!

PLATE SMASHING AND GREEK DANCING IN SOHO!

--------------------
uberwench

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Also, Jack Vincennes said to me last Friday that if there was a meat organised that she would totally come to it.

--------------------
uberwench

Dr. Benway

even though my eyes had a thin film of eye vomit on them, I could still see that Jack Vincennes was attractive, and therefore would be welcome at future meats. She also has a boyfriend, chaps, so you'll have to look elsewhere if you were hoping for a repeat of the infamous Green Park meat.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
the infamous Green Park meat.

What happened at the infamous Green Park meat?

Wait. Let me guess. It's one of those things we don't talk about, ralph.

Dr. Benway

sorry Steve, but rather ironically, my hands are tied. Or if you like, I'm gagged. I can't say.

[ 17.05.2006, 10:34: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Waynster - I don't think I can make it. Y'all be having a good time, though.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be about for this. A job has just come in that sees me having to flee my nearly-there-now-three-days-to-go bride to be about three days after the rings go on, and will be free of sorting out equipment around then, I think. So, I'm a possibly.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a distinct possiblity. Though it will be a 'quick one' scenario. I will have spent the day en famille, had a job interview, and be going up to Yackshire the next morning, so will need to pack tweed and voice-modulation equipment to prevent Slaughtered Lamb-style local-hatred.
Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can be there! but only if you promise to tell me about the Green Park meat.

I like places that are easy to get to from South London, ie near London Bridge or Victoria or King's Cross. But everywhere is near one of those three when you think about it, really.

Grianagh

- posted      Profile for Grianagh           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we would join
but we don't have a social life
since moving here

instead we will do something fun
like watching 'Wife Swap'

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Hello, this isn't particularly meat related...but it is kind of social related so this eemed the best place....does anyone (Vikram?) know of any nice-but-not-turbo-expesive bars, particularly cocktail bars in Soho, Shorditch, or Hoxton...or wherever...that one might be able to actually be able to cram into on a Friday after work?
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only real cocktail bar I ever go to is Loungelover just off Redchurch Street next to Les Trois Garcons. Exceptional place with beautiful decor and waitresses, great service, super selection of drinks, nice food, but it is pricey (around a tenner for a cocktail. £20 up for wine).

Otherwise -

You could try the Light Bar at the bottom of Shoreditch High Street, though it can get a bit City. I quite like Cantaloupe at the corner of Charlotte Road and Great Eastern - very busy later in the evening.

On Hoxton Square you may wanna check out Zigfrids. Late evening is extremely busy and the crowd a bit Angel, but it's a fun place and reasonably priced. Next door is tiny little Macondos - lovely food, lovely staff, but limited range of drinks.

Not sure if Bar Musique (think that's what it's called. Everyone knows it by its old name Hell) on Curtain Road does cocktails. Has a huge bar with a great selection of drinks, so it must do actually. A bit Gay Belgian, music is electro veering into alt.house (i just made up that genre but whatever!), but it isn't crowded til late and I am really quite fond of the place.

Can't think of anywhere else suitable. There's Home on Great Eastern (expensive), Vibe Bar on Brick Lane (twattish clientele but lovely courtyard if it's sunny out) and maybe the Dragon on Leonard Street just by City Road South (used to be my fave hangout. Very Lower East Side wannabe).

For Soho/WC2 I'm not the best person to ask - not my part of town. Freuds is an all time favourite. Best Bloody Marys ever. Not expensive at all considering the amount of alcohol they pour, but it's a small venue. Covent Garden end of Shaftesbury Avenue just around the corner from Neal Street. The Lab on Old Compton is(was?) superb but gets crazy busy. Bar 101 on the ground floor of Centrepoint is horrid and trashy and genuinely awful but wicked if you want two drunk idiot Sloanes-gone-bad to dance over your slumped carcass. Not recommended obviously.

Have fun.

[ 18.05.2006, 14:21: Message edited by: vikram ]

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grianagh:
we would join
but we don't have a social life
since moving here

instead we will do something fun
like watching 'Wife Swap'

Where are you these days?

As an aside, would there be any interest in putting some advance thought toward a more family-friendly meet, say in the late summer or early autumn?

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:

As an aside, would there be any interest in putting some advance thought toward a more family-friendly meet, say in the late summer or early autumn?

-

-

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Thanks Vikram, that certainly gives me some material to work with...
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Froop - we live in Leeds, in Englandshire.

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+