Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Announce » MayMeat (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: MayMeat
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered, Langley in Covent Garden (on Langley Street) used to be quite nice. Decent cocktails, not bad prices (haven't been there for a couple for years and my memory is hazy at best), quite fit crowd in a Clapham way. They do great steak sandwiches too.
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grianagh:

but we don't have a social life
since moving here

What do you mean? look at all the fun stuff to do in Leeds! And after a busy day of all that, unwind with some deep conversation with fellow Leed-ites!

(God, I thought I had it bad... Atleast I'm in London! [Wink] )

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am intrigued by all this geographically defined social group business. I wonder which part of London is my spiritual home. I live in Dalston, but I hope I am not part of a ‘Dalston Crowd’ because of all the mentals and crackheads in Dalston.
vikram

was in dalston the other week! drunk out of my mind with my wife kristian and the infamous teh yoyo. we went to one of the dodgy 24 hour snooker places. the russian one. yeah dalston keeps it real.

i'd need to meet you before i could define your geo-spiritual status [Wink]

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Froop - we live in Leeds, in Englandshire.

I'll make sure I pronounce that as 'Ing-laynd-shy-re', too.

Leeds isn't out of the question, as rooster's family is in the Liverpool area...

So... hmm.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok me and Kiki are comfirmed on the Thursday flight so will be in town.

Yay for meat!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
Leeds isn't out of the question, as rooster's family is in the Liverpool area...

You'd be more than welcome to come stay with us. We could probably convince Ben and family to venture out as well - they're only half an hour away.
Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This meat, where is it going to happen? I feel vague concern that Darryn is going to pull the plug on the board before this is decided...
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep its the day after tomorrow - might be an idea to sort a venue me thinks, rather than have a disjointed meat all over London

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That crept up on me. Aparrently I am supposed to be meeting my brother tonight as well. I hope I havent lost my mind for good.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd quite like to know where this is. I know I said I wasn't going to come but it might get to Friday and I'll find that I simply can't tolerate spending another Friday night doing sod all, watching my housemate get drunk. So, if you're really lucky, I might come along. Maybe. Probably not though.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
incrowders should have received details of the after-party by now. If not, leave a message on my profile at the usual place and I'll try and arrange something.

[ 24.05.2006, 10:21: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

To be honest, most of the problem is actually in getting to London. If I get a train it means cocking about with the shite public transport system and having to risk being mugged by crazies. If I drive, I’ve got to negotiate the archaic road system and find a place where I can park my car overnight where it wont get clamped or stolen. Oh, and I would probably need to find somewhere to stay for the night.

I mean, I love you guys, but Christ do I ever fucking hate London…

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can park at my house for free on a friday evening and you can stay at my place. In my bed. On my panhandle.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget your camera, Ringo.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the last time ringo said he'd come down and it wasn't until a few hours after the event kicked off that it transpired that he was driving into central london. How we laughed. mobile phone conversations were held with him while he was stuck in traffic on the north circular at 10 o'clock at night or somesuch hilarity.

[ 24.05.2006, 10:40: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Venue?

Usual suspects:
The Cock
The Windmill
Blue Posts (Oxford St or Leics Square)

Definitely not:
The Angel (layout designed by a mental in solitary confinement nurturing a hatred for humankind)

Everywhere will be busy on a Friday night obviously.

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere central and not too wanky?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

vikram

http://www.marketplace-london.com/basic.php?place=basic
Ringo

They're playing reggae music on Friday. Fucking reggae, Vikram..
vikram

oh sorry, i did't know. my apologies.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marketplace may be central, but on a scale of wankosity, where Zigfrid is a 10, it's about 9.5.

It is also about 1.5 square metres. Everyone has to stand outside, which would be far from joyous with the current weather.

Not to be down on vikram, or owt!

vikram

yeah but you can book booths so seating wouldn't be a prob! and it isn't that wanky. i think we may have differing definitions of what constitutes wanky.

[ 24.05.2006, 11:53: Message edited by: vikram ]

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite possibly. Bar staff with heavy-metal denim waistcoats worn ironically, accompanied by mid-80s-era Bono hair, ironically, ignoring anyone with symmetrical haircuts and spilling beer all over the counter = Zigfrid = wanky.

Not that I should be taken any notice of. I am a) a square, b) probably not able to make it anyway.

vikram

my mate owns that place!

actually my issue with zigs is that the crowd isn't at all like you describe. it gets a bit slug & lettuce on the weekends.

vikram

oh wait, you were talkin about the barstaff.

you may have a fair point there, but they never ignore me and trust me i'm definitely not a trendy!

so i guess it must be you [Razz]

[ 24.05.2006, 12:37: Message edited by: vikram ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
yeah but you can book booths so seating wouldn't be a prob! and it isn't that wanky. i think we may have differing definitions of what constitutes wanky.

No offense intended Vikram but it was you that suggested it. That alone puts it not only into wanky territory, but ejaculates mercury through the wank-o-meters bulbous end.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Just to be clear, what I know of Herbs is that she does bonk on about how old and square she is but it's a load of bollocks. Herbs is cool. She is like crystallised aaaaay. You know, so the fact she remains so cucumber about things, if she says 'this place is wankus mcwankenzie' and then you announce your mate owns it, then the only reason we should meet up at a place like that is to burn it to the ground. We're going to a pub. And you'll fucking like it.

[ 24.05.2006, 12:16: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
if she says 'this place is wankus mcwankenzie'

If she actually says that, I think that's proof beyond a shadow of a doubt just how uncool she really is.

So who's up for posting their mobile number? I could call into the meet, and perhaps be passed from forumite to forumite. It would be like international and shit.

[ 24.05.2006, 12:20: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

LOL. This is a chat about cool ralph. Pony tails are left at the door my roadkill eating friend.

--------------------

ralph

quote:
LOL. This is a chat about cool ralph. Pony tails are left at the door my roadkill eating friend.

I think it was the crystalized ayyyyy that threw me off the trail nwod. The Fonz hasn't been cool for nearly half a century.

Road kill eating friend. lol.

ETA: I lost a friend over the weekend. I called him The Beaver, and I found him across the street from my house, just off the road, dead as a door nail. He was obviously hit by a car. I've known him for four years, seeing him perhaps monthly over that timeframe. I will miss him dearly.

No, I didn't eat him.

[ 24.05.2006, 12:24: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

You can call me if you like.

Was The Beaver very actually made of pure Beaver?

[ 24.05.2006, 12:26: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

ralph

quote:
You can call me if you like.

Was The Beaver very actually made of pure Beaver?

That's a lovely offer nwod, but I was actually holding out for one of the in-crowd.

He was a beaver, so yeah. I remember once, about two years ago, I noticed this huge tree he had been gnawing at. I mean this tree was like 15 feet in diameter. There was no way he was ever going to drop that thing. But he kept at it. Over the course of a few months, much to my surprise, he had felled this mighty oak. But, as I suspected, it was too large for him to use in construction of his dam. It still lies there to this day, decaying. I just had to shake my head at him and go poor stupid beaver.

vikram

-
ralph

I think what vikrim is trying to say is
 -

[ 24.05.2006, 12:34: Message edited by: ralph ]

vikram

thanks! yes. a bit late now [Frown]

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+