Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Announce » MayMeat (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: MayMeat
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two of you would crawl through a barrel of bennies just to sniff Henry Winkler's whitey tighties.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[ 24.05.2006, 12:53: Message edited by: vikram ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
The two of you would crawl through a barrel of bennies just to sniff Henry Winkler's whitey tighties.

Barrel of bennies? I've just ran this through my UK-to-AmericanEnglish translator (she's Scottish) and she's never heard the term.

ETA: Oh, vikram. [Frown]

I was in NYC on 9/11. Fonzie wouldn't think that was cool at all. [Frown]

[ 24.05.2006, 13:54: Message edited by: ralph ]

Jack Vincennes
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Vincennes           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
Venue?

Usual suspects:
The Cock
The Windmill
Blue Posts (Oxford St or Leics Square)

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere central and not too wanky?

I like the Blue Posts off Oxford St, but that is because it is the only pub on that list that I would not have to look at on a map. If either of the others are nicer than that, though, GOOD LET'S GO THERE. It's not like anywhere (non-wanky) other than The Chandos is much worse than the Posts.

I don't think I know any pubs that aren't Sam Smiths. [Frown]

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cool]

Stan Smiths pubs are good for meats, because they are unpopular with normals.

vikram

yeah that wasnt funny

[ 24.05.2006, 14:21: Message edited by: vikram ]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
[Cool]

Stan Smiths pubs are good for meats, because they are unpopular with normals.

I love Sam Smiths pubs. I am not a normal?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam cheap smiths are great pubs.

So where is this taking place - I'm back in Monsoon London for a while?

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
they are unpopular with normals.

D-does that m-make me normal?

But then again I've revised my opinion of SS pubs now that they serve tasty, notquitesopsychotropic, beer on draught.

I'd be there in spades if only I wasn't:
a: Unable to booze at present.
b: Moving my new tenant in Friday night.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can maybe come too.

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can maybe come for a little while if you meat early enough.

--------------------
uberwench

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tempted to say we should just go to the Blue Posts (off Oxford St), but I'm worried that the proximity of another pub with the same name would cause unprecedented chaos.

If so, it is on Hanway St, near Tottenham Court Rd tube:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529666&y=181402&z=0&ar=Y

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After checking my balance today, I'm sorry to say that I definitely wont be able to make this.
Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the royal george?

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub2975.html

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time is everyone intending to be there? Several of us won't be there before about 8.30, possibly closer to 9, what about you others? Just wondering if anyone will be there(wherever we decide) in time to get a table?
George the Robot
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for George the Robot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
I'm tempted to say we should just go to the Blue Posts (off Oxford St), but I'm worried that the proximity of another pub with the same name would cause unprecedented chaos.

If so, it is on Hanway St, near Tottenham Court Rd tube:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529666&y=181402&z=0&ar=Y

If you do go to Blue Posts, it's on Newman St, not Hanway St as spazzface there suggested.

VP has said on more than one occasion that I'm only useful for knowing what pubs are where. Since this is the only useful thing I've done today (unless you count doing a big shit), I'm beginning to think that she's right.

--------------------
murr.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the Blue Posts that we met in before? When Rillion came, and Kovacs's head turned into a pumpkin?
Grianagh

- posted      Profile for Grianagh           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabian:
What do you mean? look at all the fun stuff to do in Leeds! And after a busy day of all that, unwind with some deep conversation with fellow Leed-ites!

(God, I thought I had it bad... Atleast I'm in London! [Wink] )

you dont know the half of it
those sites make it seem hopping up here

i never thought i would say this
..... but the US is looking mighty attractive lately

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we should just go to the George on Charing Cross Rd then, seeing as the Blue Posts is spread across multiple streets. I can be there from 6.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I can do the 6.30 - 7.30pm-ish shift. I don't know where the George on Charing Cross Road is, though. Do you have a map VP?

--------------------
uberwench

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see bandy's post above.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Oh right, thanks Benny. Yeah, I totally know that place, it's very different from the 'George' on 'Charing Cross Road' VP [Mad]

We had our January meat there the other year, and I've been there on other times too. Many other times in fact. I *think* you can even possibly reserve tables there free of charge...

--------------------
uberwench

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I can handle a meat that isn't at a Sam Smith's pub. I suggested going to the George last night, but we ended up in a Sam Smith's pub - one that I've never been in before. It was ok, not as cool as the Cock Tavern. At the bottom of Wardour, on the left.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
then on the way home I fell off the platform at King's Cross, and got hit by a tube train, and now I'm dead, and you know, I just wanted to make sure that you're all HAPPY now I'm DEAD. See you at the funeral, shitlickers.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy's not the right word. More relieved to hear that your suffering is finally over. You're in a better place now, Steve.

Hell, right?

[ 25.05.2006, 12:25: Message edited by: ralph ]

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
At least you didn't get caught up in the Islington/Finsbury Park shootings. I was mildly concerned this morning for you and my sister when I heard that a nutter had shot a man at Islington and a woman at Finsbury Park last night cos I didn't hear her get back home last night (FOR A CHANGE).

See, I had concern for you Benway. Brief, but tangible nonetheless.

--------------------
uberwench

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. When I heard that someoen had flipped and started gunning down people in Finsbury Park my first thought was "Benway what have you done?!?"
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benway, before you start flipping out like a ninja in Finsbury Park, just think 'How would Gary do it?'

-

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Would you just look at that fucking mouth.

--------------------

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Do you think he can do Thorn's fisting own face party trick? Actually, that's more to do with small fists rather than a big mouth isn't it? Or at least a combination of the two. Gary there looks like he'd have large fists, for some reason.

--------------------
uberwench

New Way Of Decay

To truly face fist Gary Busey, you'd need to get something to detract from Gary Busey's fucking mouth. You'd need to get Jeremy Beadles goddamn shitty little hand to go in there. Busey would need lion facepaint and Beadle would require a ringmaster costume. You know, to take away from the horror of it all.

[ 25.05.2006, 12:51: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

vikram

Benway, I told you already: Not until you're 35. GAWD [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still not coming, but if I'm thinking of the right place,The Royal George is actually on a side street off Charing Cross Rd, between Foyle's and the Astoria. It's alright, but not Sam Smith's £££ alright.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Yes, that's the one. I don't really like it but it's a pub, sells booze. Although I'm currently operating on 4 hours sleep and have a whole day of work to get through and then a gig to go to tonight. So yeah, I can't confirm but will try to pop in for an hour or so.

--------------------
uberwench

Vogon Poetess

Are we stuck on the Royal George then? We had a meet there once- I think Thorn fell down some stairs or something. It's near Tottenham Court Rd tube and is on a little road off Charing Cross Rd.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+