Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » obligatory urine pun thread (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: obligatory urine pun thread
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In an announcement, Nintendo said that while the codename Revolution expressed its direction, Wii represents the answer. People around the world can easily remember Wii, no matter what language they speak.
initial reaction from engadget

I especially like:

Why not just call it the Nintendo WTF?

but, is anybody likely to be buying a wii? Anybody excited by the whole controller thing?

[ 28.04.2006, 08:32: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
is anybody likely to be buying a wii? Anybody excited by the whole controller thing?

Definitely. Just imagine Soul Calibur III with the revolution controller... Or a jedi game... Salmon fishing... +gasp+

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't tend to play console games that much, as I resent paying £40+ for a single (and often very short) game. But I am interested in Codename Revolution. Apparently it will be pretty cheap, and the types of games on offer would probably compliment traditional PC gaming genres. Plus, as Mask mentioned, a jedi game would be excellent.

Saying that, I'm also intrigued by the other end of the spectrum - the almighty PS3. Rumour has it that Sony are planning to launch it for roughly the same price as a standalone BluRay player. With its rumoured media centre functionality, this would make it a pretty easy way into HiDef, if I could afford one of those newfangled tellies to match. I guess it all depends what happens with the HD disc formats.

Or something.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go Here to watch a live stream of Nintendo introducing the Wii in ten minutes.

Incindentally, you may recall that I disasterously pretended that I could get a job I wanted? Well, it was with gamespot.com, who are the hosts for this fine event.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

or, err..maybe not..

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benway - have you read about Sony's new PS3 controller? They've gone back on the banana dildo concept design, in favour of a Dual Shock, with some kind of basic motion sensors instead of the rumble function. It sounds to me like Sony got a little scared by the Wii, but their solution doesn't seem to be anywhere close to Nintendo's.

[ 09.05.2006, 12:11: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Dr. Benway

Yeah I read it, and it could be interesting, but I doubt it'll be taking the Wii on. From what I can tell, it's not as clever.

Also - Final Fantasy coming out the for DS!

Some cracker screenshots coming from E3 on Gamespot. GT:HD looks amazing, as does Alone in the Dark 360.

[ 09.05.2006, 12:12: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

MiscellaneousFiles

It sounds like they've crossed the Dual Shock with one of *these, which I bought in 1999.
Dr. Benway

starting in a couple of minutes

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

...or not?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

wow.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah. Stupid work computers. I can hear it but can't see it.
Dr. Benway

looks good, fucking, I'm stamping my feet and giggling like a tit.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

sweet jesus! speaker in the controller!

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god. This sounds awesome. I wish I could see it, but Zelda TP is looking (sounding) like being the best game ever.
Dr. Benway

*choke*

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

so when you stab, you actually have to stab. Awesome. Zelda isn't cell shaded, it looks beautiful.

[ 09.05.2006, 13:02: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

must be quite nerve wracking to be playing the game live in front of the entire world.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
OK. I'm home now and I've got the video but it's in weird colours. All orange and pink and shit. I guess something to do with codecs.

And it appears I've missed all the zelda damnit. Hopefully it'll be downloadable later.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, SG5. [Smile]

[Frown]

[ 09.05.2006, 13:58: Message edited by: ralph ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Hey ralph. Sorry was away trying to solve my problem and it appears it might be a driver problem. I don't know. It's just all pink. How's Disney?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Hey ralph. Sorry was away trying to solve my problem and it appears it might be a driver problem. I don't know. It's just all pink. How's Disney?

Maybe you've stumbled onto handbag? You know...by mistake.

Disney is wonderful. Thanks for asking.

MiscellaneousFiles

Wii looked like fun. This speaker-in-the-controller idea is excellent. My lightsaber will go mmmm-mmmm, crackle, clash, mmmmmmm.

[Smile]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wii is the only next gen console I'm the least bit interested in. There's absolutely nothing about the XBox or the PS3 that excites me, but everything I hear about the Wii (apart from the name) gets me excited like a little kid; in that way where I can't quite believe that one day I might really own one of these incredible machines. I'm really champing at the bit now, and I've never felt like that about a console before; normally I'll wait until they drop below the £50 second hand barrier and pick one up then, but this... I could see myself buying this on launch day. It looks fantastic.

[ 10.05.2006, 04:58: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That thng is going to sell out soooo fast
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kid-like excited about Wii also.

Controller, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, online back-catalogue, are all drool worthy.

I want a red one.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woot!

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

welcome to last century!

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

I imagine there'll be novelty controllers, too. Broadswords, golf clubs, pistols... You'll be able to do authentic pistol-whippings, with a real pistol... =gasp=

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Nice!

-

MiscellaneousFiles

Reminds me of NWoD's WeeGun.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I read much more about this thing, I'm going to widdle myself in excitement. I feel like I'm regressing to childhood. Can someone put me in a coma until they're released?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still on stuff not much advanced from Space Invaders myself. Bet this been around a while hasn't it? Only saw it today. It's a bit like driving in Italy.

[ 11.05.2006, 08:50: Message edited by: dang65 ]

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
I'm still on stuff not much advanced from Space Invaders myself. Bet this been around a while hasn't it? Only saw it today. It's a bit like driving in Italy.

22.393 seconds pwnd!
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
If I read much more about this thing, I'm going to widdle myself in excitement.

Sorry about possibly causing workplace trouserstained embarassment but they're making a sequel to the best game on the GC (possibly) to be used with the Wii controller... Zombie madness

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+