Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » obligatory urine pun thread (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: obligatory urine pun thread
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The console is tiny. Roughly the size of one of the old-fashioned Warner Bros video boxes. The wiimote feels good.

I'm at work, though. I won't be able to use this beautiful, beautiful thing until I get home.

WAH!

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine just got delivered! Now my girlfriend needs to hurry up and finish work so I can start playing.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so cute.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bad feeling that mine won't turn up.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think the odds are on being able to just walk into a shop and buy a Wii today?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
van has been and gone. So much for a day 1 pre-order. Worth taking a day off work for.

[ 08.12.2006, 08:20: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

You know that bit in American Psycho when PB rings up Dorcia and asks for a reservation at 8, and the guy just laughs at him down the phone? Yeah, that's prety much what just happened to me when I tried to ask if they had any Wiis in stock.

So to satisfy my need to buy something, and also to kill the rest of the day, I'm going to go and buy a bracket to mount my screen on the wall.

I might post a picture when I'm finished, just for fun.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CALLING ALL RINGOES!!! CALLING ALL RINGOES!!!

I JUST RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING EMAIL...

Dear Nintendo fan,

Great news! We've managed to get our hands on some more Wii consoles and will be putting them on sale between 3pm and 4pm today (Friday, December 8). Last time we sold out in 7 minutes and we expect this batch to go even more quickly.

Nintendo sold 600,000 consoles in just 8 days in the US, so you can bet that the Nintendo Wii is THE must-have item of 2006.

The wait is almost over!

See the launch line-up

Sincerely,
Amazon.co.uk Video Games Team

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Dedalus           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my colleagues had promised her daughter a Wii and then Curry's phoned to say they'd all been stolen. This was when she got home at 7pm yesterday after 4 hours on the motorway. She ended up going out again to replace the stolen Wii and came home at 1:45am with one of 30 Wii's that her local Tesco Extra had sold via a raffle ticket system.

If an exhausted 55 year old woman with a hangover can get a Wii like that, you should bloody well be ashamed of yourself.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
It turned up! My Wii Number is 6077 9942 5989 0137.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Octavia has got mine, tucked under her desk apparently. Unfortunately I won't get to Cocksford until about 8.00 tonight, and even then I'll probably have to interact with her for a bit, rather than just turning up, barging her out the way and getting stuck into the tech.

Also, annoyingly, every single shop on Oxford Street is sold out of Wii Play, which I really wanted to get.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
i need more room.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SELL SELL!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, those prices are pretty shit, aren't they? Barely £100 over retail. I read in the run up dozens of smug fuckers posting on Spazz Your Say about how they'd reserved one and were going to make a packet selling it on Ebay to desperate parents, but seeing as everyone has had the same idea, there are shedloads of consoles on the site, driving the price down. I'm willing to bet each one of these c**ts had visions of the final sales figure going into four-figures, lol.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refreshing that page is strangely addictive. And I don't even want a wee.
Ringo

Yeah I saw that, Mask, but by that point the initial thught of "I want to buy something, now" had worn off. Plus, much as I like the idea of the cool controller interface, I wonder how long it'll be before the novelty wears off. I remember when I first got an eyetoy for my PS2 and I was like "why would you ever want to use a controller again??" but then it was like, I used it maybe 3 times before getting bored and using it just seemed like too much effort. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome and innovative but I think if I bought a Wii I'd end up just using it to play classic nintendo games, which is a bit of a waste really.
Black Mask

I pre-ordered a Wii from Woolworths for delivery to my local store on 7th November. I was told it was despatched on 2nd December, and then nothing.... The store don't know, the customer service don't know. They have my money and they have supposedly sent it to the store, but it has taken six days and no joy. I am not quite sure where they are sending it from - but six days in this modern age to deliver a parcel in the UK is madness.
Mat Robinson, Bishops Stortford, Herts

My boyfriend pre-ordered his Wii online more that a month ago, and it never arrived today. He's very disappointed as he took the day off just to play it. It might come tomorrow, but the weekend is ruined already.
Amanda Harrigan, Dunfermline, Fife

Fuck me. Some people...

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
These people are grown-ups, right?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
lol, computer games are for children!
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
the weekend is ruined already.
Amanda Harrigan, Dunfermline, Fife

Fuck me. Some people...

Fantastic. 2006 Britain, defined in five words.

Well, five words assuming you know the context they're used in. Maybe the desolate couple could spend the weekend investigating why so many people type 'that' instead of 'than'.

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Dedalus:
These people are grown-ups, right?

God I hope not. Although it would explain the state of the world these days.

[ 08.12.2006, 10:41: Message edited by: ralph ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
if mine hadn't have turned up, I'd be in a funk by now.
Dedalus
TMO Member
It's not that computer games are for kids, it's the childish reaction of these people to a little bit of disappointment: "the weekend is ruined". How do they react when something serious happens in their lives?
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
if mine hadn't have turned up, I'd be in a funk by now.

Sadly, I suspect if yours hadn't turned up, you'd be in prison after going on a killing spree. [Frown]
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by not...:
SELL SELL!

Remember that X-Box Box that was sold on eBay a few years ago during the usual new-tech release fiasco? Someone flogged a brand new box for an X-Box.

Who's going to try it with a wii? (Mind you, the whole beauty of the X-Box trick was that the word "box" was cunningly camouflaged as part of the name, so it might not work this time.)

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
It's not that computer games are for kids, it's the childish reaction of these people to a little bit of disappointment: "the weekend is ruined". How do they react when something serious happens in their lives?

It's not a little bit though if you've been dying to play it since E3, and you've been counting down the days. If something serious happens, then the weekend being ruined is probably the last thing on your mind.
Thorn Davis

In In Praise of Idleness big thinker Bertrand Russell reckons that people who trivialise leisure activities in the way Dedalus has done are a bunch of fuckwitted spastics. That's the gist of it anyway. It's probably what he would say if he was a 14 year old posting on the internet, rather than a dead philosopher, but the core idea is basically the same.
Dedalus
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
quote:

It's not a little bit though if you've been dying to play it since E3, and you've been counting down the days. If something serious happens, then the weekend being ruined is probably the last thing on your mind.
Yeah, but would you let it spoil your whole weekend?

GF: Sorry your Wii didn't arrive.
Wii Fan: Hm.
GF: Why don't we have an early night? You know, see if we can take your mind off it?
WF: Is it going to bring me a Wii? I don't think so!
GF: I know that, but it might cheer you up a bit.
WF: Oh forget it. *crosses arms and fixes glare on tv*

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I reckon it would be just like that.
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, off to get mine.

Report Monday.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Dedalus
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
In In Praise of Idleness big thinker Bertrand Russell reckons that people who trivialise leisure activities in the way Dedalus has done are a bunch of fuckwitted spastics. That's the gist of it anyway. It's probably what he would say if he was a 14 year old posting on the internet, rather than a dead philosopher, but the core idea is basically the same.

I can just see Bertrand Russell sulking all weekend in his bedroom because his butterfly net or whatever didn't arrive.

Nice paraphrase, btw. Not lazy in the slightest.

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
Right, off to get mine.

Report Monday.

And the Lady was a distant memory...

--------------------
sweet

ralph

quote:

lol
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
quote:

lol
I thought you had me on Ignore?

--------------------
sweet

Dedalus
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:

Also:

*sigh*

I wasn't trivialising leisure activities, I was saying I was surprised that adults would react so childishly when something they have looked forward to hasn't arrived.

I was disappointed myself when I ordered a new car and it ended up arriving a week late. I was pissed off but it didn't spoil my weekend.

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+