Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » obligatory urine pun thread (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: obligatory urine pun thread
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also shelled out for an extra controller/nunchuck + zelda (£70!!). I'll probably get another game too, but I'm going to hang on for reviews to come through from the States. Red Steel looks alright, but then I've read that COD3 handles better, which might be the deciding factor on this machine.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey thorn, we can play tennis against each other.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey some more things that may validate a decision for a wii60 rather than a new PS3.

comparisons between xbox360 and PS3 Ridgeracer graphics

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wii FooM

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
there's a few reviews coming through now for wii games, and there's nothing that's standing out as being amazing. Shame. Looks like it could be a slow burner. I'm going to pick up Zelda with the machine, but so far there's nothing else that's standing out.

Gears of War however looks so frikkin sweet. I really want to play that, but it would mean buying a 360 and a new TV. [Frown]

*plays Nintendogs*

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My copy of Gears of War was posted last night, so I'm praying that it arrives tonight. Gears of Woaargh!

*flips out and punches Marketing Assistant in the tits. Pisses self in excitement.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
If I could find a sweet deal on a decent TV I reckon I'd go for it.
Cactus
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Cactus           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay. Just ordered a Wii from Amazon for about the one minute it was available today and apparently it will be delievered on the 8th December. Think I've only got one day holiday left this year though so December may be a month with lots of sickness...
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woot! I got one, too! Those fuckers took their time opening the floodgates, though.

--------------------
sweet

Cactus
TMO Member
They certainly did. I'm worn out from about 50 minutes of refreshing. And now I'm late for work but I'm sure they'll understand...
Black Mask

I thought my Wii anxiety would evaporate after I placed my order on Amazon. If anything it's gotten worse. I'm checking my account every ten minutes. I won't rest easy until that console's in my hands.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I ordered Wii Play, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Rayman Raving Rabbids, as well. I need to get another nunchuck. Wahhh!

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Watching a 4 hour unboxing/preview marathon on Gamespot went some way to killing my anxiety. Then the relatively average scores for most of the launch titles helped a bit more.

The main thing that's keeping me going is that the TV I've got is perfectly suited to this machine:

-

[ 21.11.2006, 08:40: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

not...
In that it will withstand the blows from a sweaty flying Wii remote?

[ 21.11.2006, 08:54: Message edited by: not... ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
no, in that it's never even heard of 480p, let alone HD. So the picture will be alright.
Black Mask

It looks like we've only got a handful of the US launch titles available over here at the moment.

--------------------
sweet

Cactus
TMO Member
At the moment I've only ordered the Wii and Zelda but I suppose it makes sense to get Wiiplay as well as I'm going to have to get another controller anyway so spending an extra £3 to get duck hunt is worth it
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wii and Zelda ordered, an extra controller a given.

May ask for Red Steel for Christmas.

I can wait for Mario, and there are plenty of other games to keep me going until the Wii gets some killer apps (other than the back catalogue) and the price drops sufficiently on the 360.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Black Mask

This looks good. Can't find a review, though.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing GEARS OF WAAARGH! on the 360 for about two days straight now. I don't know up from down, right from wrong anymore. I keep wanting to duck behind cars and walls in the street and some old lady laughed at me so I flipped out and punched her in the face. GEARS OF WAAARRRGH!
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gears of Waaaargh! is fucking amazing. Simply jaw dropping. I haven't been stunned by a game in, well since Unreal and Half-Life but GoW! really blurs the line between film and game.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

not...
I was watching some gameplay movies of Gears of War and it's the first time I've really been tempted to buy an xbox360. Apparently it's also the first game to knock Halo2 off the most played online game (on xbox) too. >>
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like most of the Unreal 3 Engine games I've seen, it looks pretty special. *Rumour has it that it might be released on PC, sorry Games for Windows™ next year. Bet you'll need a mighty DX10 graphics card to render all that gory loveliness, though...

quote:
A possible PC version of Gears of War has been confirmed by Epic Games, possibly featuring some bonus content not seen in the Xbox 360 version. However, with the PC port not taking place until after the Xbox 360 version's release (expected in late 2006), its likely that we won't see Gears on the PC until 2007.

not...
I'm getting all hyped up about GOW now. I'm going to have to hide my credit cards.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah I really want it too.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
crappy Wii with it's crappy graphics [Frown]
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by not...:
I'm getting all hyped up about GOW now.

I'm about four fifths of the way through it now, and it's so fucking awesome it's practically made my brain haemorrage out my eyes, nose and ears.

It's not just that the graphics are awesome - which they are - it's just that the game itself plays so well, so incredibly it generates an incredible buzz of excitement for that alone. I can't remember the last time I picked up a game that had a gameplay mechanic that just leapt out and grabbed you, that put you right in the game and spun thousands of memorable moments out of one basic idea, in the way that the cover system in Gears of WAAAARGH! does. Just the glory of diving from one piece of cover to the next is so easy and so thrilling, you wind up gurgling with delight before you're out of the training mission.

What NWoD said about blurring the lines between movie and game is true. Not just because the graphics are great, but because of the way it all looks so deliberate and slick, the way dramatic moments spring up from gunfight to gunfight - like a desperate sprint to revive a downed comrade, or being convinced you're about to bite the dust only to have another soldier save yo' mother fucking ass at the last minute. Oh it's glorious. Having my entire squad bleeding out on the battlefield, and then singlehandedly taking down wave after wave of locusts, certain only of my impending death until a couple of inspired moments of strategy put me on the offensive, and then let me come out victorious, and rervive my dying pals is the kind of thing gaming cumshots are made of

So while it all looks effortless and magnificent, there's a sense that the game is working hard to make these moments so satisfying. There's some lovely character work on your squad mates - your best buddy (in a bit of a queer way, actually) Dom, token black dude Cole ("Suited, booted and ready to get ex-ecuted!") and Baird, the one that everyone hates. So you feel like you know these guys, just like - hey! - in a movie. Plus there's some fucking great dialogue - and by great I mean like practically Predator standard one liners. I don't want to spoil them, but on dozens of occassions I was suprised and delighted by the insane macho dialogue on offer. Magic.

On Monday I was playing the two player co-op with George the Robot, which basically improves the game ten-fold - coming up with strategies on the fly, hollering instructions and recriminations and all the rest of it. Oh it's good. It's so, so fucking good.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds pretty exciting
not...
I actually nearly drooled on my keyboard
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah!
quote:

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 8 Dec 2006 - 9 Dec 2006
1 of: Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Sold by: Amazon.co.uk

Items dispatched on 7 Dec 2006:
1 package via Royal Mail
1 of: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Surely they can't send me the game for tomorrow but not the console? That would just be cruel

[ 07.12.2006, 09:49: Message edited by: SilverGinger5 ]

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by not...:
I actually nearly drooled on my keyboard

Yeah, drooled, right not.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Gah!
quote:

Items dispatching soon:
1 of: Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

Items dispatched on 7 Dec 2006:
1 package via Royal Mail
1 of: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Surely they can't send me the game for tomorrow but not the console? That would just be cruel
I'm in line for the machine tomorrow, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting any of the other stuff I ordered. I'm trying not to think about it, I'm pretending that tomorrow is just a normal day, because the anticipation would be unbearable otherwise.
Boy Racer
I'm picking up the console and Zelda on my way home.

Now I am excited.

I also have a request. Friend at work wants recommendations for 3 PS2 games that are all about the killing, she doesn't want puzzles, just the murderdeathkill. Suggestions welcomed.

[ 08.12.2006, 03:38: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------

Black Mask

It's here!

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+