Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » what was the last game you played? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what was the last game you played?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
halo 3. It's alright.

you? Is it alright?

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently people have already started griefing on it already by boosting their rank and then going into games in teams and suicide/kill team to reduce their skill rating, so that they can join games with wholly inept players and then grief them. Then, just as Tilde said, American kids start braying and telling you to sell your ecksbocks if they get about 2 points more than your team.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might play Rainbow Six: Vegas tonight. Maybe trundle through a bit more of Bioshock. I should probably have another go at Zelda on the Wii, but I can't help feeling that it just isn't my type of game. Supposedly it's not all about fishing, finding cats and not being able to use your own horse because he needs a rest. Hmm.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're not answering the question. Neither of you.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit de-ranking has always been going on, you get in a team slayer match and then after a minute you notice that one of your team has commited suicide 5 times, it's really annoying. Either that or your teamate drops out as you begin, so you're immediately outnumbered.
Tilde
TMO Member
To answer the question, Skate for xbox360. Yes, it's alright.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scrabble.
Tilde
TMO Member
Does anyone play "Go"?
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

Last game I played was Hashi. Not really a game, though, more of a puzzle.

Last 'game' game I played was Star Wars Lego II.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a couple of days off as I've had a cold, I remembered I never finished Ghost Recon 2, so I've been playing that. I finished it this afternoon. It was alright. I played the board game Zombies!!! with the Masketeers at the weekend. That was good, winning is a bit random, though.

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger Woods PGA 08 - EA sports, it's in the game...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Halo 3 again. Nearing the end now.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying the demo for Football Manager 2008, it's tough. So have reverted back to 2007, and am going to start a Forest and Chelsea game and stick with it to the end of time.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Tilde
TMO Member
Played skate again, spent about 45 minutes attempting the same challenge over and over again, yet, didn't get bored of it. Could that be the mark of a good game or is it just my enthusiasm for it.
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
Halo 3 again. Nearing the end now.

I really, really love Halo 3. My previous experience of the series was playing through half the single player campaign of the first game, in Spanish. I bought Halo 3 because I'm quite susceptible to hype, but... god it's good. It's one of the most exciting games I've ever played. Really exhilirating stuff. It's mostly the clarity of thought that's gone into ensuring each set piece is exciting, challenging and ultimately conquerable. I love it! It is the most recent game I played, and it is definitely 'alright'.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I like how everything is very big.
Nathan Bleak
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! Big is Back! An American tradition.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah, like, the spaceships and environments feel...large. After the corridor shooting of bioshock and the room based set pieces of rainbox six, it's nice to feel that you've got a lot of space to play with.

I can't find that many faults with the game. Seems a bit light on tension, no real characters, story doesn't make any sense to me having never paid attention to the first couple. I'm playing on the heroic, and it seems a bit easy, like I'm kind of cruising through it. I'll probably play it again on the hardest when I'm done. But, it's quite fun just to run around with your guns blazing, jumping around and checking out the scenery.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Halo 3. Finished campaign, now trying out multiplayer. Enjoying "big team battles" and "ranked team objective". So far, everybody is alright. Not many dickheads.
Nathan Bleak
quote:
I'm playing on the heroic, and it seems a bit easy, like I'm kind of cruising through it. I'll probably play it again on the hardest when I'm done. But, it's quite fun just to run around with your guns blazing, jumping around and checking out the scenery.

I'm obviously a lot shitter at it than you - Heroic is giving me a real run for my money. The difficulty's perfectly pitched for me. Each battle gives me some real challenges, but eventually I can blast my way through. Consequently, though, there's real tension there - a few times when I've clawed and battered my way through to the near end of a fight, I've really felt my heart beating as I try not to die before the checkpoint message comes up. Still. I'm nearly done on the seventh mission and I don't really want it to end. I took myself online and struggled throuugh games of Social Slayer, trying not to embarrass my team too much.

--------------------

Tilde
TMO Member
I went online with Skate, thinking it wouldn't be that good but it was ok, although kind of annoying when I saw how much better a couple of the guys on there were than me. I thought I stood a chance with this game online, but this one guy was doing lazer flips to manual to 360 flip to manual to nollie hardflip and I was struggling to kickflip to rail and land it.

Also I'm starting to struggle with some of the pro challenges now, and really it's pretty early days in the game, however I'm pretty happy because it's a nice game to play without all the challenges and achievements. Just skating around in the environment and finding a really good line is enjoyable and then editing the footage of that and uploading it is quite good fun.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
So far the greatest moments of tension on the 360 have been in forza and rainbox six. After scraping first on the last lap of a six or seven lap race, trying to hold it together round the last few corners as your rival is nudging you...trying to keep the speed up when your instinct is to slow down... He starts nosing past you on the second to last corner...you floor it, burn down the last straight and hit the last corner too fast, you can feel yourself being pulled towards the barrier so it's off the brake and off the gas, preying that you can jerk yourself back onto the road, and as you fight for control, the car behind has disappeared from the rear view mirror...

Rainbow six though was brutal. The closest thing to it I've played was Far Cry. The level of precision was ridiculous. You know, you'd clear five or six of the guys and you have to move out of cover to trigger the next wave, but the save points always seemed so far apart that you'd be paralysed. You've finally fluked past a section that you've attempted ten times, only to find that you haven't hit a checkpoint yet, and you're about to walk into a completely new area. As soon as you open the door, the bad guys will be flooding out in front of you and behind you, and your own men will be gunned down in seconds. That feeling of both intense relief at having beaten a section that seemed nigh on possible, coupled with the fact that you've got to walk into a new firefight before you can save... Unbearable. I never did it, but I came closer to chucking the controller across the room with that game. Although obviously, that frustration is equalled by the sense of achievement when you finally finish a level.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
I took myself online and struggled throuugh games of Social Slayer, trying not to embarrass my team too much.

well with your record of

Kills : 30
Deaths : 57
K/D Ratio : 0.53

you're doing pretty good!

Nathan Bleak
Where did you find that? Jeez. I didn't realise I was dying twice as much as I was killing. Shocking.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
bungie.net - it's all there. Apart from what happened saturday night / yesterday, it looks like. Those stats aren't on there for me.

I thought that it automatically recorded videos of your games, but no.

Tilde
TMO Member
I know you can upload videos, but those videos aren't available to watch via the internet are they? Don't you have to watch them through the Halo film viewer?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
WHATEVER
Nathan Bleak
quote:
bungie.net - it's all there. Apart from what happened saturday night / yesterday, it looks like. Those stats aren't on there for me.

I thought that it automatically recorded videos of your games, but no.

Yeah, I was just looking to see whether they had any of my videos, but it doesn't look like it. That is fantastic though. I think my k/d ratio will deplete quite a bit by the time Sunday's stats go up there.

That's a pretty cool feature, even if it does deomnstrate just how poor I am at the game.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Having a whole new set of 'achievements' to get is going to keep me playing this game I fear. I won't rest until I'm at least officer class.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
it would be sweet if we could form a tmo team for ranked matches.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I'm glad that we're all feeling that. [Frown]
Nathan Bleak
Sorry. I did think that would be fun, and then I thought about how much of a liability I'd be and started to change my mind. Also Team TMO would be three players - you, me, and Tilde, except that Tilde won't add either of us as a friend. So I can't see it working.

Hey Benway - you play your 360 quite a bit. Do you live in perpetual fear of the RROD? I do. The house is freezing cold all the time, and I always turn the console off after a couple of hours, and let it cool down, and turn the power off at the mains every night, but it still seems like I'm gritting my teeth every time I turn it on, waiting to see if it's going to brick.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
house is generally warm, and the console is on most nights for around six hours, and left all on day over the weekends. I use it for watching videos and listening to music streamed from the pc, so it's usually busy. The storage rack the machine is in doesn't have a back to it, which I think helps to keep the temperature down. It's frozen a couple of times in Halo, but apart from that it's been fine. If I'm honest, I'm secretly hoping it does break, so I've got an excuse to buy an Elite.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I'm hoping that Tilde will add us at some point though. He's got to - right?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
played halo 3 all last night, missing the TV progams I wanted to watch. Still on a 1/2 kill/death ratio, meaning that I'm a liability to any team, but I ranked up to sergeant. Using the (B) button properly now. 44 beat downs in 106 kills.

[ 10.10.2007, 05:25: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+