Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » what was the last game you played? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what was the last game you played?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tonight I'll be playing halo 3, but I've also got the PGR 4 demo to 'take out for a spin'.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not played anything in weeks. Last game I played was LocoRoco which is awesome but really really short [Frown]
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skate keeps making me go to bed late. Some challenges are getting harder, so I'm failing them and exploring other areas of the game. One thing that seems strange is that Ive earnt a fair bit of money in prizes etc but there's nothing to really spend it on. I can change my clothes, deck, trucks and wheels, wear a watch, wear a hat and wear sunglasses, but that seems to be about it. I guess my earnings is a kind of high score device, but it seems a bit strange after coming from forza2.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I've been skipping sleep as well.
Tilde
TMO Member
I'm going to bed at midnight, quite tired but too keyed up to sleep. You?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringo - I think you'll enjoy this quiz. You have to say which is a photo and which is a screenshot from GT5 and it is surprisingly hard.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:
I'm going to bed at midnight, quite tired but too keyed up to sleep. You?

About the same. Latest I've gone to bed has been 12:45.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Ringo - I think you'll enjoy this quiz. You have to say which is a photo and which is a screenshot from GT5 and it is surprisingly hard.

I got 12 out of 14 whcih isn't bad going. But to be fair for a lot of those it was a result of having spent a really long time looking at screenshots already, and being familiar with the locales used in the game. They are astonishing images though and just goes to show what the PS3 is actually capable of when titles are developed for it natively
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
have you seen what sony are doing now with the ps3? Lol. They're releasing a version without ps2 backwards compatibility. Idiots. At least you could have said that they were future proof. Now you'll be able to say that they are only likely to be useful in the future.

[ 10.10.2007, 08:22: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

Meh, I've still got a PS2. Plus my PS3 is backwardsly compatible.

I'm sorry Benway, I like my PS3, you're not going to convince me that I shouldn't. We're not on Gamespot now you know

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
lol
Ringo

When GT5 comes out, you're going to be so jealous your cock will drop off
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
maybe. If there were games on it that were more compelling than anything on any other system, then I'd get one, as long it was a proper one, and as long as it came in under £300. Until the price and the games sort themselves out, I can't justify it to myself.
Ringo

Yeah, to be totally honest with you, right now I'd say it's not really worth the money, as there aren't enough exclusives for it, and for all the beefy power, there's not a lot which really shows off how much better the hardware is compared to X360. I'm hoping that when PSHome finally come out, it'll feel like a slihgtly more rewarding thing to have sat under my telly.

In all honesty I play it less than I used to play my X360, which I sold because I never played on it. But unlike the X360, I feel this weird emotional attachment to it which is preventing me from thinking about selling it. It's just a beautiful aspirational thing. It's like having a beautifully restored Ferrari GTO or something, then leaving it under a cover in your garage and never driving it. You're not getting the full benefit of what it's capable of, but it's nice to be part of the fairly exclusive club of people who own them [Wink]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
that's just weird [Smile] .
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
everybody is always saying 'what does your imaginary halo 3 army man look like???' well - wonder no more!

-

Here's me ready to ROCK (or ready for bed)!!!

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished Halo 3 last night, and absolutely loved it. One of the most spectacular endings to a game I've ever seen. Given that the game contains some of the most spectacular and well conceived set pieces since Half Life 2, I was kind of wondering what they were saving for the grand finale and was well impressed by the blistering sequence that topped out the game. Great, great stuff. I'd never really been that taken with the Halo games before, but I'm definitely a convert now. Halo 3 is just fantastic.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I played through Portal last night, which so far is my game of the year, beating out both Bioshock and Halo. Smart, challenging, rewarding, and thoughtful. I could play it again today. It does storytelling as a game should - showing instead of telling - and it while it offers hints and directions, you never feel like you're being railroaded. It's got that whole Valve feel to it of taking the gameplay seriously, but also maintaining awareness of the fact that you're playing a computer game. While many games claim to be sandboxes and to encourage 'play', Portal is one of the few where it actually works. While playing I could barely sit still. I kept finding myself trying to lunge and dive with my character in order to make some of the trickier leaps. I'm really looking forward to more of it.

I also carried on a bit with HL2: Episode 1. I got it when it came out, but my machine couldn't handle it before. I'm enjoying it well enough, but there's something slightly annoying about it. The enemies, I think, are a bit lame.

Still. I've got Half Life 2 and Episode one already, so I was unsure about going for The Orange Box. However, Portal alone is worth it, so if you haven't played HL2 or either of the episodes then you'd have to be a total dickface not to get it. A total, total dickface. If you have a PC then I could 'gift' either hl2 or episode one to you as long as you downloaded Steam . That's legit as well.

I did play some Halo 3, but wasn't really on form. Dropped from a 9 to a 7 on ranked team slayer. Still, it's probably the longest I've spent playing online so far. I'e hooked up with a couple of kids who're slightly better than me, so when we play together I can feel like I'm not totally shit. I look forward to seeing you online, nathan!

I agree that Halo had a good ending sequence. It's the same ending as one (both? I've only played one of them) of the other ones, but dramatic nonetheless.

I played the PGR4 demo for about five minutes, and found that I still couldn't control PGR cars.

[ 15.10.2007, 06:29: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I also finished the main storyline of the Oblivion expansion pack.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
lol, looks like I'm not done with Oblivion yet though - new free DLC announced by Major Nelson - d'oh! LOLOLOLOL. It's not funny. I have spent too long on that game. Still, I'm sure this new content will be "well met" by the community - LOL!

[ 15.10.2007, 09:11: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dying to get my hands on Halo 3, but am currently on the verge of completing the original Halo in 'legendary' mode, which has taken me - literally - months, and many a late night. Going to have to crack Halo 2 in legendary mode next, so I'll probably get to finally playing Halo 3 sometime next year..
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a copy of Guild Wars last night, an MMORPG with no monthly fees. The graphics aren't quite as polished as World of Warcraft, but aren't bad by any means, and the character models are designed with realism in mind rather than the cartoonified approach taken by WOW. So far I'm playing as a necromancer and I must say i'm absolutely loving it, you can summon minions from the body of any previously living creature (i.e not from the remains of undead enemies but anything else) and if you have sufficient energy and corpses to use, can actually amass a small army of undead to fight for you. Getting attacked by some stupid enemy and then watching a group of your minions just charge in and tear them to pieces while you stand back and laugh is immensely enjoyable.

A feature that I guess most people will either love or hate is that the whole world outside the capital cities is instanced, meaning that the only players you'll see once you leave the city are those you've teamed with. It means you don't have to put up with a bunch of irritating kids kill-stealing and talking rubbish on the chat channels, but does also take away the impromptu co-operative play that you sometimes get in WOW, one player randomly healing or buffing another player who they've spotted struggling in a tough fight for example.

Overall a lot of fun so far though - decent graphics, varied and well designed locations, a good variety of interesting enemies, and an easy to use combat system.

Recommended for anyone who likes WOW or similar, if anyone else does give it a whirl let me know, I've resisted teaming so far..

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
that kind of thing scares me. WoW scares me.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
Yeah it's enormously addictive to be honest, more of a life-thief than any other game I've known..
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's making me want to return to City of Heroes, although I imagine it's pretty empty these days. I really did find a lot to love in that game. Reading Physic describe the atmosphere of a MMORPG like that... the teams... the random buffs, the world, the missions. It's really making me yearn for it. But I can't go back. It won't be the same, I'm sure. It's not... worth it...

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Physic
Digital PIMP !
Join us, jooooiin ussssss!!! One of us, one of us, one of us!!
Ringo

I downloaded the demo of SKATE and i've got to admit, it's actually really really good. The only thing which is putting me off buying it is the slightly mixed review it got on Gamespot. In particular the slightly broken framerate on the PS3 version.

Stupid PS3 [Frown]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
you should get a 360, ringers.
Ringo

shut up

I just bought SKATE

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I finished HL2: episode 2 last night. Amazing. How an FPS should be.

[ 20.10.2007, 15:05: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Tilde
TMO Member
I completed Skate. It's one of the few games I have played through to the end. Others include: The Sims (GC), Need For Speed (GC), god, I think that's all...

Anyhow, it's a good game, but over too soon. Although I've still got loads of achievements to mop up and a few challenges that got missed out - I spent about 5 hours attempting the Rob and Big Black challenge and still failed. Can't wait for Skate 2.

ETA: I've played my xbox 24 days in a row. Jeebus.  -

[ 22.10.2007, 05:11: Message edited by: Tilde ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I shot thorn in the face with a shotgun.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
played the virtua fighter 5 demo as well. I wish had a RL friend to play against.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing *Toribash which is an amazingly addictive fighting game.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, benway showed me up quite badly on Halo 3, although I did use the replay feature to watch my team's victory against his on the Valhalla match with sniper rifles, especially those moments when I put a bullet in his brain and a few minutes later lit him up with the shotgun.

I didn't quite get to grips with why it changed from being able to communicate freely with the entire team to suddenly having to push a button to be able to talk. Is that something to do with ranked matches as opposed to social? It was a real pain and eventually I binned it and went to private chat to guide my n00b friend George le Robot through the game only to find you can only have one person at a time in each private chat channel. There must be easy ways to talk than that.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+